RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Republicans threaten to skip general election debates

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pilight

PostPosted: 01/14/22 11:09 am    ::: Republicans threaten to skip general election debates Reply Reply with quote

https://www.npr.org/2022/01/13/1072765939/republicans-threaten-to-no-longer-participate-in-traditional-general-election-de

Quote:
The Republican National Committee has informed the Commission on Presidential Debates, which has hosted presidential and vice presidential debates for general elections for over three decades, that it will change its rules to prohibit the party's nominees from participating in CPD debates.

And things we're all too young to know
scullyfu

PostPosted: 01/14/22 4:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

put an empty chair in their spot & proceed with the 'debate'; let the dem candidate have all the time. i'd be happy for the repuQ not to be there, wouldn't have to listen to their bs lies.

PostPosted: 01/14/22 11:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

scullyfu wrote:
put an empty chair in their spot & proceed with the 'debate'; let the dem candidate have all the time. i'd be happy for the repuQ not to be there, wouldn't have to listen to their bs lies.

I second that (e)motion. Cool

Or -- even better yet -- have the Republican candidate's stances on any particular topic played on a screen, for public viewing on stage. Then, the Dem gets to respond to that live, as long as they want. No butting-in or talking over one another. Laughing

PostPosted: 01/15/22 5:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
scullyfu wrote:

I second that (e)motion. Cool

Or -- even better yet -- have the Republican candidate's stances on any particular topic played on a screen, for public viewing on stage. Then, the Dem gets to respond to that live, as long as they want. No butting-in or talking over one another. Laughing

I like this, but you know that Fox will then do something similar with the republican candidate. They will give them a similar forum and audience.

I guess I'm wondering how this will look to the undecideds - cause that's who these debates will target. Can they find a way to keep reminding them that the republicans are the ones that PROHIBITED their candidate from appearing without looking petty?

I also wonder how many people make up their minds based on the debates? Are the debates more for the diehards who already know who they are going to vote for or do people really use them to decide? I guess I'm thinking of myself here and I don't know that they could ever sway me much. There is so much effort and practice put forth by the teams on debate prep and they always find a way to NOT answer the question that they are given, that they seem pretty useless anymore.

"If this guy can be Senator, you can do anything." — Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: