RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

B1G/ACC Challenge 12/1-12/2
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which Conference Wins?
B1G
30%
 30%  [ 4 ]
ACC
69%
 69%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 13

pilight

PostPosted: 12/02/21 11:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The B10 scraped out a couple more wins tonight. Maybe they can slip past the American for 5th in Conference RPI.

PostPosted: 12/02/21 11:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
What a beating the Big is taking today. ACC 4-0, and leading or tied halfway through three others, with one game yet to start.

And Michigan - one of the league's stars- got completely embarrassed by Louisville.

_______X

This ! I also
Expected a bit more completion from
The B1G

Maybe the worst part is that over the two days 4 of the league's 5 ranked teams got beat, but they didn’t beat any of the ACC's four ranked teams. Looks like one of those leagues was grossly overrated.

They were fortunate Maryland prevented the sweep by pulling out a win in a very close game against unranked Miami.

I would say the team that distinguished itself was Purdue. And maybe Nebraska.

undersized_post

PostPosted: 12/02/21 11:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So I agree with the sentiment, but Evil or Very Mad excuse Evil or Very Mad time:
Iowa - COVID pause. Multiple players weren't allowed to shoot for 10 days. One practice before traveling.
Maryland - best player still injured.
Indiana - was neck and neck the entire game, and NC State is ranked higher, so not an upset.
Michigan - yup, got beat handily by Louisville. But they still have some good wins this year and continue to adjust after losing their PG.
Ohio State - yes, overrated.

All that said, I am still surprised that the NCAA tournament success last season didn't translate any better to some of these games. It's a whole new season I guess!

PostPosted: 12/03/21 12:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

undersized_post wrote:
So I agree with the sentiment, but Evil or Very Mad excuse Evil or Very Mad time:
Iowa - COVID pause. Multiple players weren't allowed to shoot for 10 days. One practice before traveling.
Indiana - was neck and neck the entire game, and NC State is ranked higher, so not an upset.
Michigan - yup, got beat handily by Louisville. But they still have some good wins this year and continue to adjust after losing their PG.

All that said, I am still surprised that the NCAA tournament success last season didn't translate any better to some of these games. It's a whole new season I guess!

Consider that it was #9 Iowa that lost to an unranked Duke. By 15. And Duke won every quarter. Would SCAR or UConn or Baylor or Arizona lose to Duke right now just because they missed some practice?

And that was also an unranked Miami that played an even game with Maryland for 38 minutes in College Park.

And IU was ranked ahead of NCSt just last week.

It's tough to excuse.

Davis4632

PostPosted: 12/03/21 1:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

undersized_post wrote:

It's a new season. One in which St. Francis Brooklyn and Notre Dame both defeated Michigan St. One in which Duke struggled to beat App. St but they defeated Iowa handily.

undersized_post

PostPosted: 12/03/21 9:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
Would SCAR or UConn or Baylor or Arizona lose to Duke right now just because they missed some practice?

It's a little more serious than "missed some practice." Half the team had symptomatic cases of COVID. The four teams you listed are better than Iowa, so not a great comparison.

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: