RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Atlanta Dream 2022
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Richyyy

PostPosted: 10/15/21 7:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

She's only a reserved player if given a reserved qualifying offer (as explained in various places on that Her Hoop Stats site Wink ). Once given that qualifying offer, she could technically just sign it and she would've been re-signed with Atlanta. So as they've stated they absolutely won't be re-signing her, I presume they won't be sending out the qualifying offer and she would therefore become an unrestricted free agent. And then couldn't be traded for anything.

PostPosted: 10/25/21 9:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dan Padover is the new GM

https://dream.wnba.com/news/atlanta-dream-names-dan-padover-as-general-manager-darius-taylor-as-assistant-general-manager/

PostPosted: 10/25/21 9:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Move that makes a lot of sense. Took a long time to get there, but hiring the guy who's won GM of the Year both the last two seasons can't really be argued with. And it means that hiring Wright as head coach first was probably fine, given their links in Vegas. Assuming Padover was always the planned hire, Wright might well have essentially been his choice.

PostPosted: 10/25/21 10:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Great hire for Atlanta, but I wonder why he wanted to move on from Vegas?

BamaEd

PostPosted: 10/25/21 11:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Those are wonderful hires, worth the wait. I would have rather waited for the right hire rather than choose the wrong one just to get someone in there. Maybe this will entice Angel to want to come back to Atlanta to end her career? I think they realized with the GM fired and HC leaving right before the season, this would have been a lost season. Now though, they can plan on what players they want to keep, want to let go, want to get, need to draft. I hate that it meant 2021 was such a wash in their first season at the new arena, but hoping for good things in 2022.

root_thing

PostPosted: 10/25/21 12:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Even though he won Executive of the Year twice, Padover would always be in Laimbeer's shadow if he stayed in Las Vegas. Bill brought Dan over from New York and is essentially his mentor. This is Padover's chance to be his own man without having to defer to someone of greater stature.

Padover's relationship with Tanisha Wright also extends back to New York as well as Las Vegas, so they start with a lot of familiarity and hopefully trust.

Stormeo

PostPosted: 10/25/21 2:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Between Vickie Johnson with the Wings, Tanisha Wright with the Dream, and now Dan Padover also with the Dream, it is genuinely interesting to me that people originating from the Aces organization have been able to branch out & go elsewhere, despite coming from a team that hasn't actually reached the highest level – winning a title. Laimbeer hasn't won a title since '08, but apparently his legacy as an influential figure in this League has continued to live on. Not saying any of those above are bad hires, since it's certainly too soon to tell. Not saying that Laimbeer sucks now or that any of it is weird/undeservedly happening either. Just noticing things out loud. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

PostPosted: 10/26/21 7:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I am HERE for the Danisha pairing!

I won't say it was worth the wait, but good work, Renee and the Northland Overlords!

~lw3

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 11/04/21 7:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Looks like Monique Billings has replaced Renee Montgomery, on the Hawks' halftime show?

PostPosted: 11/11/21 1:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Congrats to Renee. Can't wait to see if this ruffles the feathers of the anti Renee crowd...

https://people.com/sports/renee-montgomery-wife-sirena-grace-detail-special-wedding/?amp=true

Stormeo

PostPosted: 11/11/21 1:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I would think it’s both possible and okay for someone to criticize Renee Montgomery The Business Owner and/or Renee Montgomery The TV Personality, while still being happy for Renee Montgomery The Person on what was surely an important personal accomplishment of hers. Congrats to her!

PostPosted: 11/11/21 2:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
I would think it’s both possible and okay for someone to criticize Renee Montgomery The Business Owner and/or Renee Montgomery The TV Personality, while still being happy for Renee Montgomery The Person on what was surely an important personal accomplishment of hers. Congrats to her!

Agreed. I was being glib there. It's just been a wild ride seeing how much heat she's gotten for everything.

Congrats to her.

Shades

PostPosted: 11/25/21 7:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Happy Thanksgiving, Dream fans!
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/QzOdfR5iWk8?feature=share" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: