RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

WNBA Average Attendance

View previous topic :: View next topic  
root_thing

PostPosted: 11/13/21 1:18 am    ::: WNBA Average Attendance Reply Reply with quote

I don't know anything about this website, but they're saying that this was the average attendance by team for the 2021 season. I guess they could have just compiled the figures off the box scores on WNBA.com. I checked a few for the Indiana Fever, and they all said N/A for attendance. Did Indiana not have live fans this season or did they just not bother to count?

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1236749/wnba-team-attendance/

Obviously, attendance was affected by the different Covid regulations for each location. I know the Liberty attendance increased significantly later in the season as rules loosened up.

PostPosted: 11/13/21 8:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Indiana did have at least some fans there. I know because I went to a game. It was back in May and they were selling tix in socially distanced pods of 2 and 4.

PostPosted: 11/13/21 8:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thanks for posting. I was wondering what the attendance numbers where this season but didn't bother checking much.

I wonder if these are true numbers since there isn't any shame in reporting low figures in 2021.

I have a feeling Covid will have a lasting affect on attendance, unfortunately.

female-buckets

PostPosted: 11/15/21 12:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm hoping Climate Pledge Arena (which is a mouth full of a name, and i'd rather call it Key Arena) draws big Storm attendance. Fancy new arena + fancy new free agent + Bird's last year, and we might actually get Mercury numbers for attendance.

Also, I wonder if Climate will have better cameras installed than what we're used to in WNBA production? This is one of my biggest pet peeves about the WNBA. I hate having to squint at highlight reels. Someone will defy the laws of physics with an incredible shot. But the best footage available will be so far off you can barely read jersey numbers.

Then when you flip on an NBA game, it's like watching a blockbuster movie.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: