RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Coronavirus Pandemic
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 11/07/21 9:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
FrozenLVFan wrote:
tfan wrote:
Must be some friendly deer in the midwest.

If our infectious disease people were inclined to study infectious disease transmission, they would have had a good case study in Florida.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/usa/florida/

They were in terrible shape, with their post-Delta daily cases spiking to the highest level yet. And now they have plummeted to almost the level they were at in the post-vaccination low before Delta kicked in. And deaths have plummeted even more - now down to the lowest levels since things started back in 2020. The state launched a program to increase monoclonal antibody treatment (what Trump, Chris Christie and Ben Carson got) back in August and that is probably what drove the deaths down so low.

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/coronavirus/article255556531.html

That's a self-serving claim by DeSantis with no data to back it up.

Which claim - that monoclonal antibodies have reduced deaths? Do you question the effectiveness of monoclonal antibodies or the extent to which Florida used them more than other states?

The claim that monoclonal antibodies drove down the number of deaths. That article even says "Gov. Ron DeSantis has claimed that the program saved thousands of Floridians from hospitalization during the worst COVID-19 surge on record. However, the Department of Health has not released detailed figures on how many Floridians have gotten the treatment, despite months of inquiries from the Herald/Times."

They can't/won't even talk about how many patients received that treatment, so how can it be evaluated? There's no control for other factors, like other aspects of medical care, the ages and health status of the patients compared to the last surge or anything else. ZERO DATA. This is just a politician tooting his own horn and looking for federal money, yet another example of the politicization of this whole pandemic.

tfan

PostPosted: 11/11/21 10:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

67.3% of Germany is vaccinated. It's being reported today that they just hit their highest daily recorded cases since the pandemic began.

Quote:
Pressure is also building on hospitals, in an outbreak blamed on Germany's relatively low vaccination rates of just over 67%.

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 11/11/21 11:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
67.3% of Germany is vaccinated. It's being reported today that they just hit their highest daily recorded cases since the pandemic began.

Quote:
Pressure is also building on hospitals, in an outbreak blamed on Germany's relatively low vaccination rates of just over 67%.

Quote:
Europe is once again "at the epicentre" of the Covid pandemic, the World Health Organization (WHO) has warned, as cases soar across the continent....WHO Europe head Hans Kluge said the continent could see half a million more deaths by February.

He blamed insufficient vaccine take-up for the rise. "We must change our tactics, from reacting to surges of Covid-19 to preventing them from happening in the first place," he said.

The rate of vaccination has slowed across the continent in recent months. While some 80% of people in Spain are double jabbed, in Germany it is as low as 66% - and far lower in some Eastern European countries. Only 32% of Russians were fully vaccinated by October 2021.

Mr Kluge also blamed a relaxation of public health measures for rising infections in the WHO's European region...the surge in cases is not confined to Germany. The most dramatic rises in fatalities have been in the past week in Russia, where more than 8,100 deaths were recorded, and Ukraine, with 3,800 deaths. Both countries have very low rates of vaccination and Ukraine announced a record 27,377 new cases in the past 24 hours.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-59160525

The only good news is that this surge is still due to the delta variant, and not a new mutation that the vaccines don't work against.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 11/14/21 11:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This is posted mostly for FrozenLVFan, but others may also find it interesting.

https://www.wishtv.com/news/national/texas-hospital-suspends-doctors-privileges-for-spreading-misinformation-about-covid-19/

Last night, I saw this story on an Indy TV station website and wanted to know a little more about the doctor. I wanted to see her bio. I found her website, but I haven't found her bio. I think that it was WebMD or Healthgrades that I finally found it. She is independent - no group practice - no surprise.

Her website has her recommendations for treating COVID and lots of other things.

https://breathemd.org/early-treatment-for-covid19

I was looking at the website this morning to confirm something I read last night. Then I came across her "new vaccination policy" and her blog.

https://breathemd.org/blog/2021/11/6/our-new-vaccination-policy

Quote:
Given the current climate and the writing on the wall, I am shifting my practice focus to treating the unvaccinated. In order to make room for unvaccinated who cannot find care, I will not be accepting new patients with routine ENT problems who are vaccinated.

I'm not saying that she is incorrect in her thinking. I will say that I do have some hesitancy about doctors that are independent and don't contract with insurance companies.

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 11/14/21 1:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'll say she's incorrect in her thinking. What a quack. I wouldn't dismiss all independent doctors though...there are valid reasons for that involving practice management and reimbursement. Plastic surgeons that perform mostly cosmetic surgery don't deal with insurance companies either. Eventually another hospital will give this ENT privileges to benefit from the income from her doing procedures there.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 11/14/21 2:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FrozenLVFan wrote:
I'll say she's incorrect in her thinking. What a quack. I wouldn't dismiss all independent doctors though...there are valid reasons for that involving practice management and reimbursement. Plastic surgeons that perform mostly cosmetic surgery don't deal with insurance companies either. Eventually another hospital will give this ENT privileges to benefit from the income from her doing procedures there.

It's Sunday, I was trying to be nice and not discount the small possibility that COVID will eventually mutate enough that her treatments will be standard. 🤣 I actually think that she's 100% a batshit-crazy-for-coco-puffs-whack-a-doodle.

Cosmetic plastic surgeons not being contracted makes sense. If your services are not going to be covered, no point of going through the trouble and expense of the contract negotiations, the filing of claims that will be denied, and then the to fight to collect payment. But with providers (in this case, an ENT) whose services would normally be covered by insurance. not being in contract with insurance is, to me, a red flag.

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 11/14/21 7:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
FrozenLVFan wrote:

It's Sunday, I was trying to be nice and not discount the small possibility that COVID will eventually mutate enough that her treatments will be standard. 🤣 I actually think that she's 100% a batshit-crazy-for-coco-puffs-whack-a-doodle.

Cosmetic plastic surgeons not being contracted makes sense. If your services are not going to be covered, no point of going through the trouble and expense of the contract negotiations, the filing of claims that will be denied, and then the to fight to collect payment. But with providers (in this case, an ENT) whose services would normally be covered by insurance. not being in contract with insurance is, to me, a red flag.

Here are some more batshit-crazy-for-coco-puffs-whack-a-doodle doctors who are not only spreading misinformation, they're getting rich doing it by selling books and vitamin supplements and by charging speaking fees.
https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/19/us/doctors-covid-vaccine-misinformation-invs/index.html

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 11/14/21 11:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FrozenLVFan wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:
FrozenLVFan wrote:

Here are some more batshit-crazy-for-coco-puffs-whack-a-doodle doctors who are not only spreading misinformation, they're getting rich doing it by selling books and vitamin supplements and by charging speaking fees.
https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/19/us/doctors-covid-vaccine-misinformation-invs/index.html

How do people believe this crap?

Dr. Rashid Buttar:
Quote:
Most people who took the vaccine will be dead by 2025. It's all part of a "depopulation plan." Covid-19, he wrote on Twitter -- where he has 88,000 followers -- was a "planned operation."

A large number of vaccinated people will die by 2025. Not because of the vaccine, but because they were elderly and/or sickly to begin with!

Does this mean my shot didn't work? 🙄🤣
Quote:
Other high-profile doctors in this milieu include Dr. Joseph Mercola, an osteopathic physician who has turned his supplement business into a booming enterprise and has been warned by the FDA for selling phony Covid cures; Dr. Simone Gold, a former emergency room physician who has referred to the Covid vaccines as an "experimental biological agent whose harms are well-documented" and faces charges for entering the US Capitol during the riot on January 6 (she's pleaded not guilty); and Dr. Sherri Tenpenny, a longtime anti-vaccine activist who gained infamy this summer when she testified to Ohio state legislators that the Covid-19 vaccines cause magnetism, meaning metal objects such as keys and silverware would stick to people's foreheads.

Dr. Anne Bukacek:
Quote:
"So you can have a vaccinated man, sleep with an unvaccinated woman..and she will become INFERTILE," said a February post by Bukacek on Facebook, which flagged the claim as false.

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 11/15/21 11:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
Does this mean my shot didn't work? 🙄🤣
Quote:
Dr. Sherri Tenpenny, a longtime anti-vaccine activist who gained infamy this summer when she testified to Ohio state legislators that the Covid-19 vaccines cause magnetism, meaning metal objects such as keys and silverware would stick to people's foreheads.

Well, do you still keep losing your keys?r

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 11/16/21 4:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Three ‘beloved’ snow leopards died of Covid complications at Nebraska zoo

Quote:
Three snow leopards died of complications related to Covid-19 at a zoo in Lincoln, Neb., despite efforts by staff to restore them to health after they tested positive for the virus about a month ago, zoo announcements said.

The Lincoln Children’s Zoo lamented the deaths of Ranney, Everest and Makalu in a Facebook post on its official page Friday evening, saying the mountain cats “were beloved by our entire community inside and outside of the zoo.”...

...The snow leopards were not the only animals to have contracted the virus at the facility. The Lincoln Children’s Zoo had published a statement on Oct. 13 disclosing that the snow leopards and Sumatran tigers had “tested positive for the virus that causes Covid-19.”

The zoo had collected nasal swab and fecal samples after animal keepers had “observed symptoms consistent with the virus in felids,” which can include respiratory illness. The zoo said it had been treating the snow leopards and tigers “with steroids and antibiotics to prevent secondary infection,” but its statement did not say whether its animals had been vaccinated.

This summer, zoo animals started receiving an experimental Covid vaccine made by Zoetis, a veterinary pharmaceutical company in New Jersey....

Cases of coronavirus infections among zoo animals have surfaced throughout the U.S., including the first two spotted hyenas in the world found to have the virus, among other animals infected at the Denver Zoo. Other recently reported cases have included tigers in Omaha, Neb.; African lions, snow leopards, jaguars and a tiger in St. Louis and lions in Honolulu.

https://static01.nyt.com/images/2021/12/13/world/13virus-briefing-snow-leopards-covid-deaths/merlin_191359131_b365b860-c9df-457d-ade9-e41d4c24561b-superJumbo.jpg?quality=75&auto=webp

jammerbirdi

PostPosted: 11/17/21 2:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:

Dr. Anne Bukacek:
Quote:
"So you can have a vaccinated man, sleep with an unvaccinated woman..and she will become INFERTILE,"

Didn’t I read this in Deuteronomy?

PostPosted: 11/17/21 8:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jammerbirdi wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:

Dr. Anne Bukacek:
Quote:
"So you can have a vaccinated man, sleep with an unvaccinated woman..and she will become INFERTILE,"

Sounds more like Neuteronomy to me.

(now with spelling variations)
Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 11/17/21 1:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
jammerbirdi wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:

Dr. Anne Bukacek:
Quote:

Sounds more like Neuteronomy to me.

Laughing That's pretty funny. Laughing

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 11/18/21 10:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Interesting article about long-haul COVID.

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2021/11/12/1053509795/long-covid-causes-treatment-clues

tfan

PostPosted: 11/19/21 10:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It seems hard to believe that the majority of Europe has been vaccinated and yet some countries are hitting their highest levels ever. The only hopeful thing is that Israel went back up and then started doing the boosters and came down again. The FDA has approved boosters now for every adult.

WINTER IS COMING Europe’s Covid death toll could soar by 300,000 if countries do nothing, study warns as continent faces full lockdowns

toad455

PostPosted: 11/19/21 3:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The thing I read about vaccinated people getting COVID is that they're typically only hospitalized overnight. This may just be a small 4th wave that hits over the winter.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 11/19/21 3:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yes, but the 40+% of the population that are unvaccinated are the ones that are already utilizing most of the hospital resources. I would only expect that to worsen during this holiday surge.

toad455

PostPosted: 11/26/21 1:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

New variant found in South Africa. Scientists are "deeply concerned".

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/heavily-mutated-covid-variant-identified-002823307.html

https://www.aol.com/explainer-covid-variant-south-africa-111307372-142856393.html

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 11/26/21 6:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
New variant found in South Africa. Scientists are "deeply concerned".

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/heavily-mutated-covid-variant-identified-002823307.html

https://www.aol.com/explainer-covid-variant-south-africa-111307372-142856393.html

The travel restrictions are a joke. The variant has already spread to Europe, the Middle East, and HongKong. In the meantime, it's the season for the vaxxed and unvaxxed alike to travel as much as possible. Pfizer already started testing their existing vaccine against Omicron, and they project they can have a new vax ready in 100 days.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 11/26/21 7:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

My unvaxxed supervisor and his unvaxxed wife both had COVID a couple of weeks ago. Got an 8 day paid vacati, I mean, missed 8 days of work that put a strain on those were vaxxed and still working. Symptoms were minimal, but the cough required testing and it was positive.

Kind of pisses me off. There's a part of me that says that if you're unvaxxed and test positive, that your time off is unpaid. Take those wages and give them to the people that have to pick up extra work to keep things running.

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 11/26/21 8:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
My unvaxxed supervisor and his unvaxxed wife both had COVID a couple of weeks ago. Got an 8 day paid vacati, I mean, missed 8 days of work that put a strain on those were vaxxed and still working. Symptoms were minimal, but the cough required testing and it was positive.

Kind of pisses me off. There's a part of me that says that if you're unvaxxed and test positive, that your time off is unpaid. Take those wages and give them to the people that have to pick up extra work to keep things running.

They need to have their own health insurance pool too.

Cases in South Africa have gone from 200 to 3600 cases/day in 3 weeks. If that happens here, our healthcare system will implode and rationing care will be a reality.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 11/26/21 9:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FrozenLVFan wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:

They need to have their own health insurance pool too.

Cases in South Africa have gone from 200 to 3600 cases/day in 3 weeks. If that happens here, our healthcare system will implode and rationing care will be a reality.

Michigan is really getting hard right now. Feds are sending in two teams of doctors, nurses, and respiratory therapists to assist.

Quote:
Michigan recently reported its highest seven-day average of new daily cases for the pandemic, at 8,793 on November 19. As of Thursday, the average was 8,470 a day -- still more than double where the average was at the end of October, according to Johns Hopkins University data.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/11/26/health/michigan-covid-cases-hospital-strain/index.html

toad455

PostPosted: 11/26/21 9:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michigan also has a low vaccination rate(54%). I'm all for the unvaccinated not getting paid leave from their jobs. My job will only give you 3 days paid leave if you test positive. After that it's unpaid regardless if you are sick or still testing positive.

pilight

PostPosted: 11/26/21 9:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sick leave is sick leave. Your employer shouldn't be arbitrating what kinds of illness are acceptable.

PostPosted: 11/27/21 10:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:

Michigan is really getting hard right now. Feds are sending in two teams of doctors, nurses, and respiratory therapists to assist.

Quote:
Michigan recently reported its highest seven-day average of new daily cases for the pandemic, at 8,793 on November 19. As of Thursday, the average was 8,470 a day -- still more than double where the average was at the end of October, according to Johns Hopkins University data.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/11/26/health/michigan-covid-cases-hospital-strain/index.html

NH is setting new records too in the face of a 55% vax rate. I have 4 significant health problems whose care has been deferred multiple times during the past year due to non-COVID services being curtailed. Two of them now require surgery that could have been avoided with appropriate, prompt care, and the surgery has been delayed for months as well.

I wonder if any of the states facing big surges now are testing for Omicron yet.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 96 of 100

Jump to: