RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

ESPN article on Ivey's first year at ND

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CBiebel

PostPosted: 11/11/21 5:32 pm    ::: ESPN article on Ivey's first year at ND Reply Reply with quote

Kind of an interesting take on what it was like to come in during a pandemic. Initially, they couldn't have more than 4 players in the gym for practice, trying to find ways to form team bonding over Zoom, lack of a crowd for home games (She said it was weird being able to hear herself calling out plays during a game, as if it were a practice), etc.

https://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/32382121/notre-dame-women-basketball-niele-ivey-historic-first-season-moment-dreamt-of

ucbart

PostPosted: 11/12/21 11:09 am    ::: Re: ESPN article on Ivey's first year at ND Reply Reply with quote

CBiebel wrote:
Kind of an interesting take on what it was like to come in during a pandemic. Initially, they couldn't have more than 4 players in the gym for practice, trying to find ways to form team bonding over Zoom, lack of a crowd for home games (She said it was weird being able to hear herself calling out plays during a game, as if it were a practice), etc.

https://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/32382121/notre-dame-women-basketball-niele-ivey-historic-first-season-moment-dreamt-of

While I'm no ND fan, I think the sport needs them to be great. With that being said, I think too many people are sleeping on ND based on Muffet's last year(how do you replace all the those seniors?) and Ivey's 1st year being Covid.

I really think they can challenge to win the ACC. Miles and Citron are going to be a top 5 backcourt nationally next year. They're young, but they've got some talent. If Dodson can anchor the post against top 25 teams, that's a S16 team to me.

Hoops9092

PostPosted: 11/12/21 11:45 am    ::: Re: ESPN article on Ivey's first year at ND Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
CBiebel wrote:

While I'm no ND fan, I think the sport needs them to be great. With that being said, I think too many people are sleeping on ND based on Muffet's last year(how do you replace all the those seniors?) and Ivey's 1st year being Covid.

I really think they can challenge to win the ACC. Miles and Citron are going to be a top 5 backcourt nationally next year. They're young, but they've got some talent. If Dodson can anchor the post against top 25 teams, that's a S16 team to me.

I agree. If Sam Brunelle can continue to contribute as well, this is a very talented team that I see no reason why they can't hit top 15, if not hover around top 10 this season. Miles is a very talented, top tier point guard and Dodson seems to found a great fit.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: