RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Recruitment of #2 ranked senior Kiki Rice
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hoops9092

PostPosted: 10/25/21 5:05 pm    ::: Recruitment of #2 ranked senior Kiki Rice Reply Reply with quote

There's been quite a bit of dialogue around this young ladies recruitment on other boards, especially the boneyard. Always exciting this time of year, with signing week just 2 weeks away.

Rice is the only uncommitted top 10 prospect on ESPN HoopGurlz's list, at #2.

Stanford, Duke, Connecticut, UCLA, Arizona are the suspected top 5.

Would be a monumental get for most of these programs but as a Stanford fan, for the opportunity to pair the #1 ranked recruit Lauren Betts (and her 6'7 presence) with the #1 ranked point guard (#2 overall recruit) in Kiki Rice would be an incredible feat and of course that would join Cameron Brink and Haley Jones in their junior and senior seasons.

This point guard position is a huge need for Stanford and it reminds me of another fond era, 10-11 years ago where all the bigs were in place on The Farm and we awaited a decision from Ms. Skylar Diggins, it seemed she would be the final piece of the puzzle. This feels all too similar ten years later as we await to hear if Kiki elects to stay home at Duke or venture elsewhere.

Stormeo

PostPosted: 10/26/21 1:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Still a bit surreal to see a top wbb prospect based squarely on the east coast considering more west-coast programs than not.

No wrong choice though with these five teams, regarding athletics or academics. Perhaps it would be the most interesting though if she were to stay closest to home by choosing Duke.

snlMINAJ

PostPosted: 10/26/21 6:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

oh i hope kara gets her and UConn doesn't

Hoops9092

PostPosted: 10/26/21 11:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
Still a bit surreal to see a top wbb prospect based squarely on the east coast considering more west-coast programs than not.

No wrong choice though with these five teams, regarding athletics or academics. Perhaps it would be the most interesting though if she were to stay closest to home by choosing Duke.

Really is. In fact, 6 of the top 9 committed are headed to Pac-12 schools. If Kiki heads west that will be 7 of the top 10 to the Pac-12, which is incredible.

readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 10/26/21 12:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hoops9092 wrote:
Stormeo wrote:

Really is. In fact, 6 of the top 9 committed are headed to Pac-12 schools. If Kiki heads west that will be 7 of the top 10 to the Pac-12, which is incredible.

#KeepKikiCloseToHome

~rAf
Coyotes

PostPosted: 10/26/21 12:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

#californiadreamingalwaysforKiki

greatgator

PostPosted: 10/26/21 2:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sounds like she knows what she wants https://twitter.com/wslam/status/1444014259139059717

Hoops9092

PostPosted: 10/26/21 2:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

After her Stanford visit, she followed a ton of the Cardinal players on instagram. She also posted photos of the Stanford football game and followed some of the football players.

She didn't do this following her UConn visit. She didn't post a single photo on her story or instagram while in Connecticut.

She did it again following her Duke visit, and shared photos on her instagram story of Duke practice and with other recruits.

Me thinks it's between Stanford and Duke, especially with Kiki's academic background.

linkster

PostPosted: 10/26/21 9:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hoops9092 wrote:
After her Stanford visit, she followed a ton of the Cardinal players on instagram. She also posted photos of the Stanford football game and followed some of the football players.

She didn't do this following her UConn visit. She didn't post a single photo on her story or instagram while in Connecticut.

She did it again following her Duke visit, and shared photos on her instagram story of Duke practice and with other recruits.

Me thinks it's between Stanford and Duke, especially with Kiki's academic background.

Or maybe she's being polite to programs no longer being considered. Rolling Eyes

readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 10/27/21 12:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hoops9092 wrote:

Either place she'll be part of rebuilding a program. Stanford is further along with the rebuild and already has 3 'ships. At Duke, it would be helping a program get their first, like Aja Wilson at South Carolina. If she sees herself as being a game changing player, there is only once choice: Duke.

Both are excellent academically. Duke has a young, black coach, known for both her basketball acumen and stepping into social justice with both feet. If being a part of combining social justice work with excellent basketball and academics, there is only one choice: Duke.

~rAf
Hoops9092

PostPosted: 11/02/21 3:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kiki will be announcing her decision on Thursday, November 4th @ 6pm EST. Watch live on her instagram page @kiki.rice

Again, she is deciding between Arizona, UCLA, Stanford, Duke and Connecticut.

Fingers crossed for Stanford.

Howee

PostPosted: 11/02/21 9:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

greatgator wrote:
Sounds like she knows what she wants https://twitter.com/wslam/status/1444014259139059717

...."I wanna go somewhere where we're gonna be competing for National Championships every year" kinda narrows it down to 2, eh?

PostPosted: 11/03/21 8:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
greatgator wrote:

...."I wanna go somewhere where we're gonna be competing for National Championships every year" kinda narrows it down to 2, eh?

I think she is going to Stanford. I think she's always been going to Stanford. And I think this should surprise nobody.

With that being said, once Kara breaks through with one of these kids, and it's going to happen, every ACC team not named Duke should enjoy them not being at the top, because......she is about to take over that conference.

purduefanatic

PostPosted: 11/03/21 9:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
greatgator wrote:

Stanford & Arizona? The 2 finalists from last year.

I kid, I kid...

Howee

PostPosted: 11/03/21 9:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

purduefanatic wrote:
Howee wrote:
greatgator wrote:

Stanford & Arizona? The 2 finalists from last year.

I kid, I kid...

Laughing Ya, the operative part of that clause is EVERY year. Razz

PostPosted: 11/03/21 10:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Based on social media (it’s so telling isn’t it), I really think it’s going to be Duke. In the last literal day, she has followed several Duke players and interacted by sharing their stories calling her to select Duke.

If I had to bet on this, here's 100% my spread............

40% Duke

25% Stanford

15% UCLA

15% Connecticut

5% Arizona

PickledGinger

PostPosted: 11/03/21 1:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

6-6 C Maggie Mendelson of Ogden, UT has been reclassified on HoopGurlz from the 2023 class to 2022, and got slotted in as the #32 overall player. That makes the unsigned Top 100 look like this with a week until signing day:

#2 - Kiki Rice - 5-11 G - DC
#12 - Ashlyn Watkins - 6-3 P - SC
#15 - Ruby Whitehorn - 6-0 W - MI
#17 - Darianna Littlepage-Buggs - 6-1 W - OK
#20 - Indya Nivar - 5-9 G - NC
#26 - Flau'jae Johnson - 5-10 G - GA
#32 - Maggie Mendelson - 6-6 C - UT
#37 - Sydney Bowles - 6-1 W - GA
#43 - Tabitha Amanze - 6-4 F - NJ
#52 - Gia Cooke - 5-8 G - MD
#64 - Kaylene Smikle - 5-11 W - PA
#72 - Yonta Vaughn - 5-7 G - MD
#86 - Saniya Glenn - 5-11 G - NY
#94 - Amiya Jenkins - 5-10 G - KY

PostPosted: 11/03/21 2:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It's also interesting that Kiki's post yesterday both on Instagram and Twitter resulted in Cori Close and UCLA assistants as well as Adia Barnes and some of her assistants "liking" or "commenting" on the posts.

Not a peep out of the Stanford, Duke or Connecticut staffs. Although, I did notice one of Stanford's assistants, Britney Anderson liked her post and then unliked it. Perhaps as if to not blow their cover that Stanford may know something others don't? Who knows.

Makes you wonder when and what knowledge these staffs have and and at what point Ms. Rice picks up the phone and calls each. I remember reading when Haley Jones made her decision, she informed Tara a few days ahead of everyone else, but that all coaches were made aware of her decision a few days before it went public. On the contrary, I remember years ago Kelsey Bone announcing during the McDonald's All-American game and afterwards saying she didn't inform any of the coaches of her decision in advance.

With the announcement coming tomorrow evening after school hours and witnessing how high class Kiki and her family are, I have to imagine all the coaches will be informed today of her selection.

*watches instagram to see who unfollows her* Very Happy

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 11/04/21 8:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
greatgator wrote:

She ended that video by saying that "education is really important" to her and her entire family (who are Ivy Leaguers). Sounds most like Stanford to me.
Coyotes

PostPosted: 11/04/21 8:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

For those sleuthing, Kara Lawson unfollowed Kiki Rice last night on Instagram. The tea leaves are all verrrryy interesting on this recruitment.

Less than 12 hours to go!

Twisted Evil

Hoops9092

PostPosted: 11/04/21 11:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If today is Stanford's lucky day, I can already visualize this well balance trio next year.

KiKi Rice, 5'11 — #2 RECRUIT 2022 (Freshman)
Haley Jones, 6'1 — #1 RECRUIT 2019 (Senior)
Cameron Brink, 6'3 — #3 RECRUIT 2020 (Junior)

(Not to metion, the #1 recruit in 2022, Lauren Betts, 6'7)

myrtle

PostPosted: 11/04/21 12:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Seeing senior by Haley Jones' name just bends my mind. Seems like she just got there. Guess we can hope she stays for an extra year...

Hoops9092

PostPosted: 11/04/21 5:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

KiKi Rice has committed to UCLA

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 11/04/21 5:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UCLA!

https://www.espn.com/college-sports/recruiting/basketball/womens/story/_/id/32552886/kiki-rice-no-2-women-prospect-espn-class-2022-commits-ucla
ucbart

PostPosted: 11/04/21 5:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
UCLA!

https://www.espn.com/college-sports/recruiting/basketball/womens/story/_/id/32552886/kiki-rice-no-2-women-prospect-espn-class-2022-commits-ucla

I'm really happy for Cori Close-She was due for a break like this one in recruiting.

Congrats to Kiki

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: