RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

O/T - Wash State football HC & 4 AC fired for no vaccine
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
huskiemaniac

PostPosted: 10/23/21 9:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Smh...

Get the fucking vaccine and STFU.

MASK the kids.
VACCINATE the kids.

Thanks, GOP/Trump, for bringing back the Dark Ages.

Ffs.

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 10/23/21 9:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

No one lives on an island when it comes to public health issues.
If you don't get vaccinated, you have a much higher chance of spreading the virus to others.
If you don't get vaccinated, you have a much higher chance of utilizing scarce medical resources and depriving others of same.
If you don't get vaccinated, you have a much higher chance of getting long-haul COVID.
If you don't get vaccinated, you have a much higher chance of serving as an incubator for the next mutation, which may be neither preventable or treatable.
If you don't get vaccinated, you have a much higher chance of contributing to the prolongation of this epidemic.

taropatch

PostPosted: 10/24/21 5:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Spanning a period of almost two decades with a few gaps in between, Rolo invested a large part of his life in Hawaii and even married a Maui girl. He was our QB, student assistant, QB coach, Offensive Coordinator/QB coach, then finally the Head Coach. We knew Rolo well or least we thought we did. This opinion piece doesn't say or add anything new but all I can say is most here are disappointed in him.

https://www.staradvertiser.com/2021/10/24/hawaii-news/volcanic-ash/david-shapiro-rolos-attempted-pass-on-vaccine-mandate-falls-incomplete/?HSA=c9757f71c53d0a4422799d8c225734197e3fc074

undersized_post

PostPosted: 10/24/21 6:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FrozenLVFan wrote:
If you don't get vaccinated, you have a much higher chance of spreading the virus to others.
If you don't get vaccinated, you have a much higher chance of utilizing scarce medical resources and depriving others of same.
If you don't get vaccinated, you have a much higher chance of getting long-haul COVID.
If you don't get vaccinated, you have a much higher chance of serving as an incubator for the next mutation, which may be neither preventable or treatable.
If you don't get vaccinated, you have a much higher chance of contributing to the prolongation of this epidemic.

+1000

PostPosted: 10/24/21 7:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FrozenLVFan wrote:

Can you provide a citation in support of these claims? I understand the third point (except for people who have already contracted it), but I haven't heard that transmission rates are higher when not vaccinated.

As an example, regarding the first statement:
>If you don't get vaccinated, you have a much higher chance of spreading the virus to others.

This source https://www.ucdavis.edu/health/covid-19/news/viral-loads-similar-between-vaccinated-and-unvaccinated-people says:
Quote:
A new study from the University of California, Davis, Genome Center, UC San Francisco and the Chan Zuckerberg Biohub shows no significant difference in viral load between vaccinated and unvaccinated people who tested positive for the delta variant of SARS-CoV-2.

I won't be surprised there are other reports with different conclusions but I suggest this means the situation is nowhere near as black-and-white as that first statement

PUmatty

PostPosted: 10/25/21 9:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

You know what, never mind. It's not worth it.

undersized_post

PostPosted: 10/25/21 10:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Phil wrote:
FrozenLVFan wrote:

Can you provide a citation in support of these claims? I understand the third point (except for people who have already contracted it), but I haven't heard that transmission rates are higher when not vaccinated.

These claims are all based on the fact that vaccinated people are much much less likely to contract the virus if exposed to it. You can't spread what you can't catch.

PostPosted: 10/25/21 10:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

undersized_post wrote:
Phil wrote:
FrozenLVFan wrote:

These claims are all based on the fact that vaccinated people are much much less likely to contract the virus if exposed to it. You can't spread what you can't catch.

I've been exposed to Covid 19 6 times, 4 have been vaccinated. I have yet to test positive and am not vaccinated.

undersized_post

PostPosted: 10/25/21 10:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bucks4now wrote:
undersized_post wrote:
Phil wrote:
FrozenLVFan wrote:

I've been exposed to Covid 19 6 times, 4 have been vaccinated. I have yet to test positive and am not vaccinated.

Mmm, I love that anecdotal evidence.

PostPosted: 10/25/21 10:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

undersized_post wrote:
bucks4now wrote:
undersized_post wrote:
Phil wrote:
FrozenLVFan wrote:

Mmm, I love that anecdotal evidence.

Just personal life experience. Where did you get your data from?...

ClayK

PostPosted: 10/25/21 11:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Some facts from 538.com:

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/covid-19-updates/

PostPosted: 10/25/21 2:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bucks4now wrote:
Just personal life experience.

....and that is certainly valid. I have a buddy whose wife (shared home/bed/etc.) got VERY sick and he developed no symptoms whatsoever.

Are there flukes and anomalies? Certainly. I really DO hope your exposures to #7, 8, 9, etc., are as lucky. 700,000+ people haven't been so blessed.

PostPosted: 10/25/21 3:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
bucks4now wrote:
Just personal life experience.

....and that is certainly valid. I have a buddy whose wife (shared home/bed/etc.) got VERY sick and he developed no symptoms whatsoever.

Are there flukes and anomalies? Certainly. I really DO hope your exposures to #7, 8, 9, etc., are as lucky. 700,000+ people haven't been so blessed.

Here's a bigger point, if the government really cared about this they would have an all inclusive plan. They are giving no consideration to natural immunity. They have banned Ivermectin, for example. Last year, both our President and Vice President said they wouldn't take the jab if Trump was involved. Guess what, he got the vaccine. Now they are wondering why people are doubting them. If they wanted more people to get the jab, they would do a public service announcement with both Biden and Trump. Because the most important thing is to save lives, right?

And now, what they are saying is that we are going to get "boosters". One of the reasons I didn't want to get the jab, because I thought they would do boosters. For the record, I am 58 years old and I've never gotten a flue shot either.

Also someone please answer me this: More people have died in 2021 due to complications with Covid 19 (as of Oct 6, 2021) over 353,000 then in 2020 which had just over 352,000? Last year we had no idea what was going on early on and had no vaccine. this year we now what is happening and we have a vaccine.

Last year our "hero" first responders, health care workers, and nursing home folks all worked endlessly in a very dangerous environment. Now, after they put their lives on the line as a thank you, they may be getting fired.

Why are they trying to force most American citizens to get the jab, yet they are allowing illegal immigrates to come into our country and not get it.

And finally, President Biden stated that all Federal employees will be mandated to get the jab, BUT the House and Senate and their staff are exempt?

Two more facts: they average age on people dying with Covid 19 is 83 years old while 95% were over 50 years old. Covid 19 is a virus and it is never going away. It's just like the flu and we have to learn to live with it.

I'm not an anti-vaccer. I'm for personal choice.

Thank you for reading...

undersized_post

PostPosted: 10/25/21 3:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Petition for mods to maybe move this to Area-51 Shocked or the Men's Sports category?

PostPosted: 10/26/21 11:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bucks4now wrote:
Here's a bigger point, if the government really cared about this they would have an all inclusive plan. They are giving no consideration to natural immunity.

I dunno....I'd say (the current) government plan is pretty inclusive, and they certainly consider natural immunity -- as not fully adequate for total protection.

bucks4now wrote:
They have banned Ivermectin, for example.

Umm, I think they've DISCOURAGED it being considered a cure, but "banned"...? I can still buy it off the shelf here for my goat medication.

bucks4now wrote:
Last year, both our President and Vice President said they wouldn't take the jab if Trump was involved.

TikTok 'n Instagram put this out there, and organizations like Snopes and PolitiFact shot it down quickly. It's not true.

bucks4now wrote:
Also someone please answer me this: More people have died in 2021 due to complications with Covid 19 (as of Oct 6, 2021) over 353,000 then in 2020 which had just over 352,000? Last year we had no idea what was going on early on and had no vaccine. this year we now what is happening and we have a vaccine.

I think this is pretty easy to explain -- I'll use hypothetical, round-y numbers for simplicity's sake.
2020 : 10 million people get the virus. No vaccine, med shortages, etc.= 352K die
2021: 100 million more people get the virus. With the vaccine, and better understanding of treatment, 353K die. Yeah, it's more than last year BUT THE MUCH HIGHER % OF PEOPLE INFECTED THAT YEAR MAKES THE 353k A FAR BETTER RATE OF SURVIVABILITY. Don't let numbers out of context fool ya.

bucks4now wrote:
Why are they trying to force most American citizens to get the jab, yet they are allowing illegal immigrates to come into our country and not get it.

I think this demonstrates why that isn't accurate:
https://phr.org/our-work/resources/key-steps-the-government-must-take-to-provide-covid-vaccines-to-people-in-ice-detention/?CID=701f40000018pCMAAY&ms=FY20_SEM_GoogleGrant&gclid=CjwKCAjwzt6LBhBeEiwAbPGOgYymX-uwA1xgQAeIMjKvHXZEBb6nAvn10wYQf0QHUiJxmw29KJrObhoCMpgQAvD_BwE

bucks4now wrote:
And finally, President Biden stated that all Federal employees will be mandated to get the jab, BUT the House and Senate and their staff are exempt?

I believe "exempt" is not the right word for this. His mandate is an "executive" order, not a "legislative" one. In other words, Biden as president cannot mandate anything to Congress.

Quote:
The claim originated on Twitter, where the Sept. 14 tweet received more than 300 likes and 100 retweets. On Instagram, it garnered more than 900 likes in a day.
The claim is false. Biden’s vaccine requirements were issued in the form of an executive order – directives that apply only to the executive branch. Congress is the legislative branch, and thus, is not subject to the order.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2021/09/20/fact-check-biden-cant-mandate-vaccines-congress/8384930002/

Unfortunately, misinformation and disinformation like these points above really do make an impact on our progress in bringing Covid under control, if so many people are believing them, and basing their decision to vaccinate or not on such flawed information.

PostPosted: 10/27/21 12:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

huskiemaniac wrote:
Smh...

Get the fucking vaccine and STFU.

MASK the kids.
VACCINATE the kids.

Thanks, GOP/Trump, for bringing back the Dark Ages.

Ffs.

Exactly!!

PS: Anyone complaining about banning Ivermectin as treatment for Covid is living in those dark ages.

PPS: Vaccinated people CAN spread the virus, which is exactly why masks and distancing are still needed. Until the antibodies from the vaccination start killing off the virus, a vaccinated person can spread it to others. This is not rocket science. The data was easily obtained in controlled studies. Vaccination does protect most people from life threatening illness. Vaccinated people spread LESS virus because the amount of virus rapidly decreases due to antibodies killing the virus ability to replicate. If you are immune compromised (a full EIGHT per cent of the population) and catch the virus from an unmasked vaccinated person, you will be just as dead.

PPSS: 700,000 dead vs ONE person not following any common sense who hasn't caught the virus.

PPPSS: I had a mild case of Covid 20 months ago. I'm still regaining stamina. This has not happened with any other virus (even the flu). What's happening with me is happening to millions of others who survived Covid. Quite a large price to obtain "natural" immunity. In addition to having Covid, I've gotten 3 Pfizer vaccinations. NOT GETTING IT AGAIN. Covidiots STAY AWAY from me! FAR away. For almost everyone, side effects from vaccination are NOTHING compared to having Covid.

As HuskieManiac so eloquently stated: STFU

~rAf
myrtle

PostPosted: 10/27/21 1:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I haven't read thru all this, but I find it interesting that this topic is three whole pages long Shocked

Stormeo

PostPosted: 10/27/21 2:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bucks4now wrote:
if the government really cared about this they would have an all inclusive plan.

Would you trust that the people who hate the Democrats & believe they're out to get them/all of us would even follow such a plan?

bucks4now wrote:
They are giving no consideration to natural immunity.

The same natural immunity that's allowing over 20% of covid cases to become long covid & turn people into covid 'Long Haulers'? Confused

bucks4now wrote:
Last year, both our President and Vice President said they wouldn't take the jab if Trump was involved. Guess what, he got the vaccine. Now they are wondering why people are doubting them. If they wanted more people to get the jab, they would do a public service announcement with both Biden and Trump. Because the most important thing is to save lives, right?

Back in the summer, Trump by himself in front of a receptive crowd back did make an attempt to get people to take the shot like he did. They still booed. If Trump can't even do it by himself, even if Biden offered Trump to do a PSA with him and Trump agreed to do it with the supposed guy who stole the election out from under him, why would you expect the message to get across better to the unvaccinated? And of course, unvaccinated people who dislike/disapprove of President #45 and #46 exist as well.

bucks4now wrote:
Also someone please answer me this: More people have died in 2021 due to complications with Covid 19 (as of Oct 6, 2021) over 353,000 then in 2020 which had just over 352,000? Last year we had no idea what was going on early on and had no vaccine. this year we know what is happening and we have a vaccine.

The delta strain of covid which wasn't prevalent at least in this country in 2020 is at least 40% more transmissible and produces much more of a viral load within a host than the original strain. As of late September, only about 64% of the full US population had one dose of the vaccine (let alone were fully vaccinated, which was about 55%). The US population is at about 330 million. So, with about 36% of the population not even having had one dose of any covid vaccine when the delta variant was really surging back in the summer, that leaves about 118 million people who have been completely susceptible to getting it. And as we know and knew coming into the vaccines' initial debut, they aren't 100% perfect and breakthrough cases will happen, those 118 million unvaccinated people notwithstanding.

bucks4now wrote:
Last year our "hero" first responders, health care workers, and nursing home folks all worked endlessly in a very dangerous environment. Now, after they put their lives on the line as a thank you, they may be getting fired.

So that the threat of these heroes carrying the virus and giving it to the very people they're saving and/or caring for is minimized as much as possible. Also so that they themselves stop dying from covid in large numbers, which became the leading cause of death to at least US line-of-duty law enforcement officers.

bucks4now wrote:
Why are they trying to force most American citizens to get the jab, yet they are allowing illegal immigrants to come into our country and not get it.

How can we force people who are illegally in the country to do anything other than forcing them back out or putting them in detention once we even detect their presence? And, to think about it in a different way, forcing a vaccine into them may be construed more so as rewarding them for trying to illegally enter the country rather than punishing them.

As for "forcing" most Americans to get the jab, it's not like they're getting executed on the spot if they don't agree to get vaccinated. Many will lose their job, but they can and likely will find work elsewhere – and some of them won't even have to lose their jobs, as some out there can still opt to do weekly covid testing instead as a way to keep their job. We'll have to agree to disagree about the definition of the word, "force."

bucks4now wrote:

Here is a comprehensive article that explains why Biden, via an executive order, cannot mandate anyone operating in the legislative branch of government to get vaccinated against covid.

bucks4now wrote:
Two more facts: they average age on people dying with Covid 19 is 83 years old while 95% were over 50 years old. Covid 19 is a virus and it is never going away. It's just like the flu and we have to learn to live with it.

I'm not an anti-vaxxer. I'm for personal choice.

Thank you for reading...

Some can't learn to live with it if they end up dying from it. We can learn to live with it once we stop dying from it, or at least once we stop putting hospitals close to, at, or even over capacity.

I'm not an anti-vaxxer either. But I am pro-vaccines authorized by the FDA and pro-vaccine mandate of those vaccines, as I believe that is in the best interest of public health and the best path forward as to getting back to a real sense of non-pandemic-induced normalcy. And, you're welcome. Really hope you take the time to read my responses.

readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 10/27/21 10:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

And, again: Covid is nothing like the flu. I had a mild Covid case and felt sicker when I had the flu many years ago before I started getting the annual immunization.

Here's the GREAT BIG DIFFERENCE between Covid and the flu: Nobody recovers fast from Covid, even from mild cases. It takes MONTHS. For a mild case. This does not happen with the flu.

Republicans won't believe anything until it happens to them. There are a LOT more Republican tombstones due to Covid than Democrat. Yes, refusing to believe science can cost you your life. You're free...until you die.

I will keep repeating this until it gets through some thick skin knuckleheads around here. I have ALL the data on my side. All you have is some false sense of freedom until you have a tombstone. You have no data.

~rAf
Queenie

PostPosted: 10/27/21 11:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

We're expecting someone who roots for Ohio State to start making good decisions?

Go Blue!

PostPosted: 10/28/21 1:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It is ultimately unfortunate that we as people (not just we here on the board, but throughout the country and world) cannot agree whatsoever on even the most basic of facts about covid. That lack of consensus and associated confusion – amongst other negative things, of course – only helps the virus continue to survive & thrive.

Anyway, in case this update hasn't been posted yet – I really don't want to have to scroll back in this thread to see whether or not it's there, so I won't – here's an inside look at the original topic of this thread.

bucks4now

PostPosted: 10/28/21 3:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
And, again: Covid is nothing like the flu. I had a mild Covid case and felt sicker when I had the flu many years ago before I started getting the annual immunization.

Here's the GREAT BIG DIFFERENCE between Covid and the flu: Nobody recovers fast from Covid, even from mild cases. It takes MONTHS. For a mild case. This does not happen with the flu.

Republicans won't believe anything until it happens to them. There are a LOT more Republican tombstones due to Covid than Democrat. Yes, refusing to believe science can cost you your life. You're free...until you die.

I will keep repeating this until it gets through some thick skin knuckleheads around here. I have ALL the data on my side. All you have is some false sense of freedom until you have a tombstone. You have no data.

It's like the flu as it is also a virus and never going away. I'm a libertarian. My data comes from John Hopkins. I've missed your data source.

readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 10/28/21 12:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

~rAf
GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 10/28/21 12:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Men's sports, football, and general Covid pontificating. Three subjects that definitely do not belong in a NCAA Women's Basketball forum.
readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 10/28/21 12:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bucks4now wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:

It's like the flu as it is also a virus and never going away. I'm a libertarian. My data comes from John Hopkins. I've missed your data source.

LOL. Yes, the flu and Covid are both viruses. That is the ONLY thing at all similar about them. My data comes from millions of controlled scientific studies PLUS my own personal experience with having both. They are NOTHING alike. At all. I don't care what personal political idiocy you subscribe to. Your views on the virus are flat out wrong. Just like your selfish hero Rand Paul, who circulating freely while knowing he carried the virus, forcing dozens of lawmakers to isolate because THEY cared about people beyond themselves.

Again I repeat that 20 months AFTER having Covid, I still have stamina issues. Nothing like that happens with the flu. And I had a mild case...in which I had to crawl to the bathroom 10 feet away.

You have the freedom to spread your ignorance anywhere you wish. You are not free from being called an idiot for doing so.

~rAf
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: