56%
 56%  [ 18 ]
Mercury
43%
 43%  [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 32

mercfan

PostPosted: 10/13/21 10:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The top moment of the night for me was Griner taunting Copper on that and one.

Copper took some heat tonight. I’m interested to see how she is able to bounce back in the finals as a young, but extremely important, player. I

pilight

PostPosted: 10/13/21 10:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
pilight wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
pilight wrote:
PickledGinger wrote:
Stevens' and-1 (without the free throw) were the only points by a Sky post player after Dolson's 3 with 7 minutes left in the 3rd quarter. That's 2 combined points by Parker, Stevens and Dolson in the last 12 minutes. That's the game right there.

They didn't get Copper a shot in OT. That's the brilliant Sloot decision making they were praising.

Or did she get the ball and get ready to attempt a shot and got fouled with no call my guru??

Oh yeah, she got one which was an easy Griner block. Most teams try to get their leading scorer more involved down the stretch.

Phoenix is playing Sloot for the pass. But when Dolson is on the floor to set moving screens, they can’t defend either.

Also,Phoenix’s strength is post defense. It should be hard to score on us in the paint.

Copper shot 50% on the night and led the Sky in scoring in Game 1. She's gotta be a big part of the offense for Chicago to win.

The Sky still took the game they absolutely had to have (Game 1). They closed out the series vs. the Sun at home – no reason they can’t do the same with the Mercury too.

jmpenn90

mercfan wrote:
bryan_february_ wrote:
Chicago shot 4 FTs the entire game + OT. Rolling Eyes

There were only 15 total in the game. Tbh, I prefer it this way.

Of course you prefer it this way, your team got most of the free throws. Lol

pilight

PostPosted: 10/13/21 10:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
pilight wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
pilight wrote:
PickledGinger wrote:
Stevens' and-1 (without the free throw) were the only points by a Sky post player after Dolson's 3 with 7 minutes left in the 3rd quarter. That's 2 combined points by Parker, Stevens and Dolson in the last 12 minutes. That's the game right there.

They didn't get Copper a shot in OT. That's the brilliant Sloot decision making they were praising.

Or did she get the ball and get ready to attempt a shot and got fouled with no call my guru??

Oh yeah, she got one which was an easy Griner block. Most teams try to get their leading scorer more involved down the stretch.

Leading scorer in the game or leading scorer all season?

All season, and in Game 1

And I say that fully acknowledging that the Merc's leading scorer didn't get a shot in OT either Laughing

PostPosted: 10/13/21 10:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jmpenn90 wrote:
mercfan wrote:
bryan_february_ wrote:

Absolutely but it’s not like it was a massive disparity. I like the pace with more earned trips to the line.

mercfan

PostPosted: 10/13/21 10:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
The Sky still took the game they absolutely had to have (Game 1). They closed out the series vs. the Sun at home – no reason they can’t do the same with the Mercury too.

Both teams have won the must wins. Game 3 could go either way.

If you’re Phoenix, you just need one of two. I don’t see Taurasi losing a game 5 at home. Not with a hungry SDS and BG holding down the paint. They will go a full 40.

Last edited by mercfan on 10/13/21 10:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
pilight

PostPosted: 10/13/21 10:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan wrote:
jmpenn90 wrote:
mercfan wrote:
bryan_february_ wrote:

Absolutely but it’s not like it was a massive disparity. I like the pace with more earned trips to the line.

Diggins did a great job slowing the game down. The Merc don't really want to run with the Sky.

PostPosted: 10/13/21 10:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan wrote:
Stormeo wrote:

If you’re Phoenix, you just need one of two. I don’t see Taurasi losing a game 5 at home.

All the games could go either way, that’s why they play ‘em. Laughing

jmpenn90

PostPosted: 10/13/21 10:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan wrote:
jmpenn90 wrote:
mercfan wrote:
bryan_february_ wrote:

I don’t like to see the game interrupted by a lot of FTs either but I do hope for the next two games that the number taken favor Chicago.

mercfan

PostPosted: 10/13/21 10:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
mercfan wrote:
Stormeo wrote:

If you’re Phoenix, you just need one of two. I don’t see Taurasi losing a game 5 at home.

I don’t think game 1 was ever going to go to Phoenix.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 10/13/21 10:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
pilight wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
pilight wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
pilight wrote:
PickledGinger wrote:

Leading scorer in the game or leading scorer all season?

All season, and in Game 1

And I say that fully acknowledging that the Merc's leading scorer didn't get a shot in OT either Laughing

You beat me too it Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 10/13/21 10:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan wrote:
Stormeo wrote:
mercfan wrote:
Stormeo wrote:

I don’t think game 1 was ever going to go to Phoenix.

And I don’t think game 2 was ever going to go to Chicago no matter how better they played and deserving Laughing Laughing

Ps #LastPost bye keep it W PHX fans may be a little bit more advanced at that now that I got mines out about this game series and league overall Laughing Laughing Cool

PostPosted: 10/13/21 11:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Skylar was pushing a triple double and I had no idea.

pilight

PostPosted: 10/13/21 11:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan wrote:
Skylar was pushing a triple double and I had no idea.

She's the first player to have 10 points, 12 assists, and 5 rebounds in a finals game

PostPosted: 10/13/21 11:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Omg, you guys are right: constant bitching about the officiating IS exhausting. 🥱
Libra_Girl

PostPosted: 10/14/21 12:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I need at that ref to explain how DT got away with pushing her twice during that incident with Sophie & Kahleah? Cathy also needs to address it too.

BG putting numbers & Skylar doing whatever it took to get a win only for them not to even get a post game interview smh.

Sloot living up to the Sue Bird comparison.

CP gotta pass the ball & stop with the dribble. She could have avoided a couple turnovers by doing so.

mercfan

PostPosted: 10/14/21 12:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Libra_Girl wrote:
I need at that ref to explain how DT got away with pushing her twice during that incident with Sophie & Kahleah? Cathy also needs to address it too.

BG putting numbers & Skylar doing whatever it took to get a win only for them not to even get a post game interview smh.

CP gotta pass the ball & stop with the dribble. She could have avoided a couple turnovers by doing so.

People are doing everything to not acknowledge the horse collar. It was dirty. Taurasi probably pushed the ref to jump in and protect her teammate.

As a disclaimer. I like Copper. I don’t think she is a dirty player by any means but she was the only guilty party in that sequence. It was out of character and probably looked worse than it intended to be.

On the other hand, I explicitly remember Dupree getting suspended a game for pushing a ref with one hand to get their attention. I have a feeling the league won’t touch this but we shall see.

Last edited by mercfan on 10/14/21 12:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Libra_Girl

PostPosted: 10/14/21 12:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

See that reason doesn’t work because the ref was between Sophie & Kah. So DT pushed a ref for protecting Sophie already come on. Copper was going after the ball for a tie ball, her arms around SC’s neck was a accident. Kah isn’t a dirty player.
mercfan wrote:
Libra_Girl wrote:

People are doing everything to not acknowledge the horse collar. It was dirty. Taurasi probably pushed the ref to jump in and protect her teammate.

As a disclaimer. I like Copper. I don’t think she is a dirty player by any means but she was the only guilty party in that sequence. It was out of character and probably looked worse than it intended to be.

mercfan

PostPosted: 10/14/21 12:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Libra_Girl wrote:
See that reason doesn’t work because the ref was between Sophie & Kah. So DT pushed a ref for protecting Sophie already come on. Copper was going after the ball for a tie ball, her arms around SC’s neck was a accident. Kah isn’t a dirty player.
mercfan wrote:
Libra_Girl wrote:

Nobody said she was a dirty player and that ref wasn’t going to do shit if that escalated.

Libra_Girl

PostPosted: 10/14/21 1:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

^The point was there was no need for DT to make contact with the ref regardless of the reason.

mercfan

PostPosted: 10/14/21 2:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Libra_Girl wrote:
^The point was there was no need for DT to make contact with the ref regardless of the reason.

There was no need for the entire sequence to occur but you know “accident”

Libra_Girl

PostPosted: 10/14/21 6:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Someone on Twitter posted evidence that Diamond 3 shot should have counted wow. Sky got a raw deal with the refs in gm 2.

huskiemaniac

PostPosted: 10/14/21 6:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:
ESPN scoreboard is already showing the final.

The televised game is on a 10 second delay so they bleep Taurasi

Go to an online betting site (DraftKings, for ex.) and watch the live, in-game odds change during play. The scoreboard there is usually 2 possessions or so ahead of TV.

mercfan3

PostPosted: 10/14/21 7:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jmpenn90 wrote:
mercfan wrote:
bryan_february_ wrote:

The free throws were 11-4, and at least 4 of those free throws were end of game free throws..making it 7-4..which is barely a difference.

The refs we’re definitely favoring the Mercury on 50/50 calls (which is what is supposed to happen at home..) but the advantage wasn’t in free throws.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 19 of 22

Jump to: