Liberty
25%
 25%  [ 4 ]
Sun
75%
 75%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 16

Shades

PostPosted: 09/14/21 5:50 pm    ::: Liberty @ Sun - 9/15/21 Reply Reply with quote

Uncasville, CT - 7:00 PM ET
TV: CBS Sports Network, NESN+

Video stream:
https://www.cbssports.com/live
https://nesn.com/watch-nesnplus-live/

League Pass:
https://leaguepass.wnba.com/game/liberty-at-sun-on-09152021

Game page:
https://www.wnba.com/game/20210915/NYLCON/

ESPN Gamecast:
https://www.espn.com/wnba/game/_/gameId/401320746

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
pilight

PostPosted: 09/14/21 5:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Alyssa Thomas is probable for this game

PostPosted: 09/14/21 6:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Does she have to play a certain amount of time during the regular season to be eligible for the playoffs?

Queenie

PostPosted: 09/14/21 9:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

God help me. I'm going in.

(Subway to Metro-North to Shoreline East to Southeast Area Transit bus. Do not ever say I don't care about this team.)

(fortunately I'm getting a ride back to the city after the game)

PostPosted: 09/14/21 11:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Does she have to play a certain amount of time during the regular season to be eligible for the playoffs?

In most sports, playoff eligibility is determined by time on the roster or a specific cutoff date. Whether you play or not is irrelevant. Thomas has been on the roster all season.

PostPosted: 09/15/21 12:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I am going to guess

NY wins

it is a classic trap game for Conn (The Sun get a key player back and are facing a team on a huge losing streak and are very secure in the top two seems like a perfect time to phone it in a little).

Shades

PostPosted: 09/15/21 1:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
I am going to guess

NY wins

it is a classic trap game for Conn (The Sun get a key player back and are facing a team on a huge losing streak and are very secure in the top two seems like a perfect time to phone it in a little).

There’s no incentive for CON to win other than to win for the fans. They have #1 seed locked up. That’s why it’s odd they’d put Thomas out there now when they could give her until September 28 for additional healing.

Queenie

PostPosted: 09/15/21 6:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:
I am going to guess

NY wins

There’s no incentive for CON to win other than to win for the fans. They have #1 seed locked up. That’s why it’s odd they’d put Thomas out there now when they could give her until September 28 for additional healing.

Or they figure it's going to take a couple of games to integrate her properly, so they might as well burn one against New York, since the odds are pretty good we'll shoot ourselves in the foot anyway.

PostPosted: 09/15/21 12:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

i don't like CT Sun, but am i the only one who thinks this is a bad idea. they've been top tier team all year, locked up #1 and don't really 'need' her.

going to potentially ruin chemistry, less minutes for front court players, etc.

root_thing

PostPosted: 09/15/21 1:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't see any downside. If Thomas isn't performing well, Miller doesn't have to use her. And it's not like Alyssa is new to the team. I don't see why there would be any chemistry problem -- especially since Thomas has always been a willing passer. CT signed Alyssa as a free agent this past winter even though they knew she'd miss most or all of 2021. Thomas is a foundational player -- a 2-time All-Star, 3-time 1st or 2nd Team All-Defensive Team player, and 9th in the MVP voting last year. If nothing else, CT could use the bench help. She is way better than Mompremier or Stephanie Jones. Look at LVA. One of their strengths is having people like Hamby and Plum coming off the bench. Thomas could give CT that extra boost that finally gets them a championship.

PostPosted: 09/15/21 1:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

snlMINAJ wrote:
i don't like CT Sun, but am i the only one who thinks this is a bad idea. they've been top tier team all year, locked up #1 and don't really 'need' her.

going to potentially ruin chemistry, less minutes for front court players, etc.

Maybe its Thomas and not the sun ? She may have a thought that if they do win this year without her that her value to the team may take a hit ? Just a random idea to throw out....Imagine she comes back next season and does not have that same bulldozer affect and playmaking ability she had pre-injury ? They could just say oh well we won the title without her so lets see what we can get in a trade bc were obviously wasting money on this contract now right ?

PostPosted: 09/15/21 3:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
I don't see any downside. If Thomas isn't performing well, Miller doesn't have to use her. And it's not like Alyssa is new to the team. I don't see why there would be any chemistry problem -- especially since Thomas has always been a willing passer. CT signed Alyssa as a free agent this past winter even though they knew she'd miss most or all of 2021. Thomas is a foundational player -- a 2-time All-Star, 3-time 1st or 2nd Team All-Defensive Team player, and 9th in the MVP voting last year. If nothing else, CT could use the bench help. She is way better than Mompremier or Stephanie Jones. Look at LVA. One of their strengths is having people like Hamby and Plum coming off the bench. Thomas could give CT that extra boost that finally gets them a championship.

I'm stunned by all the comments apart from yours. Connecticut has TWO regular-season games left, one of them tonight against the Liberty. Why not give Thomas a look? I find it hard to believe that this is an issue for some people.

PostPosted: 09/15/21 3:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

After everything AT has done the past few years to get them to where they are now, it would be a shame if she didn't have any role to play and the Sun won it all this year. I'm glad she is getting a chance to play, I just hope she truly is ready to go physically.

Queenie

PostPosted: 09/15/21 3:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Gosh, I know getting out here was a hassle, but they didn't have to pull out all the stops.

I'm not sure if the Hiedeman/J. Thomas news was timed to tie in with tonight's Pride Night, but I predict vast quantities of squee.

PostPosted: 09/15/21 5:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I do not see Reshanda Gray out with the team.

PostPosted: 09/15/21 6:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Allen did something I question as to effectiveness. I have seen it lead to game winning shots. She played off Heidemen, turning around a lot, looking to help on some other player. Ends up drifting far enough away that Heidemen gets an open three.

Shades

PostPosted: 09/15/21 6:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

20-14 NYL end of first

Howard

Queenie

PostPosted: 09/15/21 6:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
Allen did something I question as to effectiveness. I have seen it lead to game winning shots. She played off Heidemen, turning around a lot, looking to help on some other player. Ends up drifting far enough away that Heidemen gets an open three.

It's a gamble, one I would not take with Hiedeman.

PostPosted: 09/15/21 6:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well. Nice to see Sabrina look like an elite player in this game so far. Nice to see Onyenwere play really solid on both ends.

If they could avoid mindless turnovers they’d be up by more. Sadly though we’ve seen this song and dance before. Great first half could easily be followed by a miserable fourth quarter.

CT tried to establish B. Jones inside in the first half. I’d expect them to attempt to do so with Jonquel in the second half.

Libs had a very solid 92.8 defense rating in the first half. CT had 13 turnovers. Some unforced. Libs looked like they weren’t switching off Heideman but switching only certain matchups unlike the last few games where they switched everything.

They’re so erratic it’s easy to expect a 115 defense rating in the second half though.

Last edited by NYL_WNBA_FAN on 09/15/21 6:58 pm; edited 2 times in total
Queenie

PostPosted: 09/15/21 6:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Defense has been very intense. PA volume needs to come down.

Rainbow towels are very nifty. I want them all.

I would think halftime of Pride Night would not be suck up to the fans time.

There is not enough social distancing in these seats. Please go away so many people

PostPosted: 09/15/21 7:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I get that they use Bec on Thomas to prevent entry passes but is having Sabrina guarding Bonner really a good idea?

PostPosted: 09/15/21 7:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

When the Liberty play really poorly, they look like they’re trying to lose.

PostPosted: 09/15/21 7:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
Sadly though we’ve seen this song and dance before. Great first half could easily be followed by a miserable fourth quarter.

Why wait for the fourth for what can be accomplished in the third?

PostPosted: 09/15/21 7:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Carrington stealing the ball from Ionescu takes me back to the Pac-12 championships against Oregon. Laughing

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 09/15/21 7:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Did this female commentator just out DB and AT’s relationship on national TV? “support from your partner”? Shocked

Not sure how much I like her tbh she giggles too
Much and is a bit overzealous . The guy is clearly holding his breath everytime she speaks. It’s always in a goofy form !

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: