RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Dallas Wings 2021
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 21, 22, 23  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 09/02/21 2:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Milks26 wrote:
On 9/2/2021 I will be attending my first ever Dallas Wings game, first WNBA game and first ever professional sports team game.

Super excited.

Will be there on the 5th too.

Where you seated? Welcome to dallas I’ll be there as well !!!! Very Happy Very Happy

PostPosted: 09/02/21 4:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I’ll be in section 106 tonight with friends come say hello. Individually I’m section 109 row B but either way 106 row L come say hello fellow rebkellian!

PostPosted: 09/03/21 1:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
I’ll be in section 106 tonight with friends come say hello. Individually I’m section 109 row B but either way 106 row L come say hello fellow rebkellian!

Aw man I just logged on today. Hope to meet you Sunday if you're there. I'll be in section 102 row F

PostPosted: 09/14/21 12:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:

What assets would you be willing to give to LA for Kristie Toliver, if at all....since she's going to be spending a significant amount of time in the Dub anyway?

Skyfan22

PostPosted: 09/14/21 12:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

What assets would you be willing to give to LA for Kristie Toliver, if at all....since she's going to be spending a significant amount of time in the Dub anyway?

Harris, MoJeff, Thornton. And I don’t even want Tolliver at this stage of her career.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 09/14/21 1:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Skyfan22 wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

Harris, MoJeff, Thornton. And I don’t even want Tolliver at this stage of her career.

Nothing Toliver has barely 1 year left in her career imo. I would not give anything to aquire her unless she was a free agent which is possible i believe after next season anyway.

PostPosted: 09/14/21 1:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Skyfan22 wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
What assets would you be willing to give to LA for Kristi Toliver, if at all....since she's going to be spending a significant amount of time in the Dub anyway?

Harris, MoJeff, Thornton. And I don’t even want Toliver at this stage of her career.

Bringing up Jefferson here is interesting. Both her and Toliver are scheduled to be free agents in 2023. As for next year though, their salaries will only be about a $15k difference. Now, they're both injury-prone and virtually play the same position (ok, Toliver is more of a CG than PG, but for all intents & purposes...). Their only main difference at this point is age. Sparks probably need to get younger, Wings sorely need veteran experience. I doubt it actually happens, but I could see them being traded for each other.

I'm guessing either one though is probably more likely to just have their respective contracts be bought out. If Toliver doesn't retire, she may just want to spend the remainder of her playing days on a team that's actually somewhat likely to contend; it should be obvious to her by now that LA isn't gonna be that place next year, just like it wasn't this year. Jefferson meanwhile may want to see if there are more stable PG opportunities out there, since Dallas has had a trainwreck of a revolving door going on at the PG position for seemingly the whole season (arguably for a few seasons now). And imo, neither one is so injured to where they wouldn't dare agree to a buyout on the premise that they'll have no takers – though we'll have to wait 4-5 months from now to see that they won't be even more injured than they are now.

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 09/14/21 2:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Skyfan22 wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

Nothing Toliver has barely 1 year left in her career imo. I would not give anything to aquire her unless she was a free agent which is possible i believe after next season anyway.

I understand what you're saying but honestly, I would take her over anything we've had the past two years at the position, plus the fact that she will working in town already, I figured what could be worse!

Do you think Imani will show up next year? If not, what would you like to see happen with our post options?

Skyfan22

PostPosted: 09/14/21 3:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Skyfan22 wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

I understand what you're saying but honestly, I would take her over anything we've had the past two years at the position, plus the fact that she will working in town already, I figured what could be worse!

Do you think Imani will show up next year? If not, what would you like to see happen with our post options?

I only say it to get rid of some of our dead weight. Those 3 are the 3 I’d like to see gone. Probably plus Alarie. She is just so slow and zero offense.

Milks26

PostPosted: 09/14/21 3:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Skyfan22 wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Skyfan22 wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

I only say it to get rid of some of our dead weight. Those 3 are the 3 I’d like to see gone. Probably plus Alarie. She is just so slow and zero offense.

Imani - wow! You dug deep. She can stay away.

How many years does Tolliver have left?

Alarie has offense - she just left it in the Ivy League

New postPosted: 09/14/21 4:24 pm
If I actually had a team, Thornton would be welcome on it. You have to appreciate someone who works as hard as she does, appears to be a team player and doesn't complain. She may not be starter material, but definitely someone I'd want on my bench.

Last edited by Milks26 on 09/14/21 9:13 pm; edited 2 times in total
myrtle

PostPosted: 09/14/21 4:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If I actually had a team, Thornton would be welcome on it. You have to appreciate someone who works as hard as she does, appears to be a team player and doesn't complain. She may not be starter material, but definitely someone I'd want on my bench.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 09/14/21 8:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Skyfan22 wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

If we have to give anywhere near that up I’d want a player like Plum ! Then I’d be fine with giving away Mabrey & Jefferson tbh . Thornton no shes earned her stay and we’re already a shaky franchise from a player standpoint so let’s value the ones who got us here even if it’s not PP’s. Plum & Arike backcourt with Sabally and possibly #1-4 along with 5 next year Austin being one of those hopefully could make some noise if it’s #1 I want Howard no doubt. Bye Dingee & bye Harris. Alarie I’m not ready to give up on yet she battles in the post on the defensive end . The offense will Come with comfort level see Ruth Riley ala Detroit 2003 finals !!

PostPosted: 09/15/21 9:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Skyfan22 wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

If we have to give anywhere near that up I’d want a player like Plum ! Then I’d be fine with giving away Mabrey & Jefferson tbh . Thornton no shes earned her stay and we’re already a shaky franchise from a player standpoint so let’s value the ones who got us here even if it’s not PP’s. Plum & Arike backcourt with Sabally and possibly #1-4 along with 5 next year Austin being one of those hopefully could make some noise if it’s #1 I want Howard no doubt. Bye Dingee & bye Harris. Alarie I’m not ready to give up on yet she battles in the post on the defensive end . The offense will Come with comfort level see Ruth Riley ala Detroit 2003 finals !!

I see your point about Thornton. So frustrated. Last year she was shooting like .400 from three. This year it’s like .004.

My original post was I’d take tolliver only to get rid of some of the dead weight. I’d send mojeff and Harris with Alarie then. That would make room for others.

It’s unfortunate cuz MoJeff was having some good games. But she gets injured with just CA a bad gust of wind.

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 09/16/21 6:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Milks26 wrote:
Skyfan22 wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Skyfan22 wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

I mentioned Imani because Dallas still owns her rights if she decides to come back, also she took a leave of absence for two years to attend law school. 2021 makes two years so I'm curious to see what she chooses to do next season.

Milks26

PostPosted: 09/16/21 7:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:
Milks26 wrote:
Skyfan22 wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Skyfan22 wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

I mentioned Imani because Dallas still owns her rights if she decides to come back, also she took a leave of absence for two years to attend law school. 2021 makes two years so I'm curious to see what she chooses to do next season.

Yeah, I wonder if she's done with school. I'm sure Covid changed her timeline

PostPosted: 09/17/21 3:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Milks26 wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
Milks26 wrote:
Skyfan22 wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Skyfan22 wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

Yeah, I wonder if she's done with school. I'm sure Covid changed her timeline

Good point, I didn't think about that.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 09/21/21 10:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Looking at this roster and regardless the playoff finish we made it with PP’s
Razz Razz Razz Cool Cool Cool

IMO….and for my friend DFWdubz

First to go

1. Ty Harris - experiment over id rather keep Jefferson or trade them all
For Plum
2 . Chelsea Dungee - Brings nothing to our team and I understood why VJ didn’t play her that much. She will be a good player down the road but …..
3 . Bella Alarie “Who’s been auditioning for her trade value btw these last few weeks” I have faith Collier will develop and become a W player for sure along with Awak. Alarie is showing her max potential IMO it’s not bad at all though .
4. Kayla Thornton - She’s the one I hope we keep she’s brought our organization a long way being the most tenured but we have to get bigger at the 4 *Cough Cough Austin* I cannot foresee this team winning a title with her starting at the 4 . Izzy Harrison ? Yes Thornton no unless she’s our 6th man .

PostPosted: 09/22/21 9:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:

First to go

For Plum
2 . Chelsea Dungee - Brings nothing to our team and I understood why VJ didn’t play her that much. She will be a good player down the road but …..
3 . Bella Alarie “Who’s been auditioning for her trade value btw these last few weeks” I have faith Collier will develop and become a W player for sure along with Awak. Alarie is showing her max potential IMO it’s not bad at all though .
4. Kayla Thornton - She’s the one I hope we keep she’s brought our organization a long way being the most tenured but we have to get bigger at the 4 *Cough Cough Austin* I cannot foresee this team winning a title with her starting at the 4 . Izzy Harrison ? Yes Thornton no unless she’s our 6th man .

Don't kill me but I agree with most of what you said with the exception of, I'm over Kayla Thornton and I'm not seeing the "potential" that everyone else sees in Kuier...sorry🤦

Skyfan22

PostPosted: 09/22/21 8:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

First to go

For Plum

Don't kill me but I agree with most of what you said with the exception of, I'm over Kayla Thornton and I'm not seeing the "potential" that everyone else sees in Kuier...sorry🤦

My take:
Kuier is very Green, but her potential is so high she merits at least another season or 2. Too much physical ability and raw talent. If she shows any growth then she can be a 3 year project.

Thornton can stay. 09’s point about her critiquing an earlier rant of mine was a good point. Other than her commitment to an organization that fails to foster good relationships, her motor fills a gap. Talent wise she can play 3 or 4 and fill in in situations where needed. She needs to get her 3 point shot back tho.

By Bella. My kid thinks shes the slowest player in the league.

Dungee should’ve been chosen not at 5

Harris is an enigma. She seems to have lost all the wind in her sails.

The biggest thing for me is that these ladies need to play defense. Ty Harris epitomizes their folly. Our guards when on offense always have a player with one to 2 hands on them. Ty plays hands off defense. It is not possible to respond as quickly by watching as it is to feeling your player. The entire Dallas team needs to be taught to play defense like the other “lockdown” teams.

Milks26

PostPosted: 09/22/21 8:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Skyfan22 wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

First to go

For Plum

My take:
Kuier is very Green, but her potential is so high she merits at least another season or 2. Too much physical ability and raw talent. If she shows any growth then she can be a 3 year project.

Thornton can stay. 09’s point about her critiquing an earlier rant of mine was a good point. Other than her commitment to an organization that fails to foster good relationships, her motor fills a gap. Talent wise she can play 3 or 4 and fill in in situations where needed. She needs to get her 3 point shot back tho.

The biggest thing for me is that these ladies need to play defense. Ty Harris epitomizes their folly. Our guards when on offense always have a player with one to 2 hands on them. Ty plays hands off defense. It is not possible to respond as quickly by watching as it is to feeling your player. The entire Dallas team needs to be taught to play defense like the other “lockdown” teams.

Awak has too much potential to dump just yet. Ty I don't know....I like Bella. My gut tells me that she will be good one day. We'll see how it all shakes out.

As much as Dungee's been a fixture on the bench I wonder if Guranties should've gone at 5? But, she probably would've rode the bench like Dungee?

Ruthie for Collier.

Will donate money for MoJeff's buyout

Izzy can stay. Thorton's is serviceable.

I've always heard that VJ was a defensive prowess when she played in the league? Is it youth or players thinking that I'm only here to score and not really defend why her prowess hasn't rubbed off on them?

Last edited by Milks26 on 09/23/21 6:23 am; edited 1 time in total
DFWub2018

PostPosted: 09/23/21 5:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Skyfan22 wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

First to go

For Plum

My take:

Good points....uuuuuggghhh ok, I take back what I said 🤓🤓🤓

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 09/23/21 5:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Milks26 wrote:
Skyfan22 wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

First to go

For Plum

My take:

Awak has too much potential to dumb just yet. Ty I don't know....I like Bella. My gut tells me that she will be good one day. We'll see how it all shakes out.

As much as Dungee's been a fixture on the bench I wonder if Guranties should've gone at 5? But, she probably would've rode the bench like Dungee?

Ruthie for Collier.

Will donate money for MoJeff's buyout

Izzy can stay. Thorton's is serviceable.

I've always heard that VJ was a defensive prowess when she played in the league? Is it youth or players thinking that I'm only here to score and not really defend why her prowess hasn't rubbed off on them?

You almost made me spit my coffee out on the MoJeff comment🤣🤣🤣

ucbart

PostPosted: 09/23/21 6:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Skyfan22 wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

Do you want Imani to show up next year? She is just not good-like, at all.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 09/23/21 7:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Skyfan22 wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

PostPosted: 09/23/21 9:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Skyfan22 wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

I think she's a better defender in the paint vs what we have now.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 22 of 23

Jump to: