Board Junkies Forums

2022 WNBA Mock Draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
myrtle

PostPosted: 09/09/21 10:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Randy wrote:
Trouble is that Liberty will probably get the No. 1 and need it the least of the WNBA's 3 stooges (Dream, Fever, Liberty).

It’s the Rhyne Howard draft and she’s a good fit for every team. She can play 1-4 (4 in the Liberty system).

it would be a shame to have her play the 4. She would be really good as a SF but will struggle against bigger, stronger players inside.

Milks26

PostPosted: 09/09/21 11:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Shades wrote:
Randy wrote:
Trouble is that Liberty will probably get the No. 1 and need it the least of the WNBA's 3 stooges (Dream, Fever, Liberty).

It’s the Rhyne Howard draft and she’s a good fit for every team. She can play 1-4 (4 in the Liberty system).

it would be a shame to have her play the 4. She would be really good as a SF but will struggle against bigger, stronger players inside.

Agreed - SF is better suited position for her. Her JR yr was good but not like her previous. SR season should be lit, and whichever team gets her will be trending up eventually

Last edited by Milks26 on 09/09/21 12:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Stormeo

PostPosted: 09/09/21 12:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Like New York, Atlanta arguably needs a post player more (although they’re simply gonna need a lot of things moving forward). I really wish they had bothered to keep Kalani Brown, mostly because 6-7 is 6-7, but also cuz she would be getting some decent playing time right about now to see whether or not she really had been a fit, and it might’ve also meant less of EWill and no Dupree.

Is the best true center of this Draft really about to be Shakira Austin? It just seems like there should be someone better, but unless we have early entries in that positional category (such as Sedona Prince or Ayoka Lee), Austin is probably the one. Could be worse I guess, but still.

ucbart

PostPosted: 09/09/21 12:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Milks26 wrote:
myrtle wrote:
Shades wrote:
Randy wrote:

Agreed - SF is better suited position for her. She had a quiet JR yr, but, don't expect that her SR season and whichever team gets her will be trending up eventually

I wouldn't take her-I'd take NaLyssa Smith all day. She is bigger and has more athleticism. To me, Howard is never trying and seems like a giant brat.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 09/09/21 12:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
Milks26 wrote:
myrtle wrote:
Shades wrote:
Randy wrote:

Agreed - SF is better suited position for her. She had a quiet JR yr, but, don't expect that her SR season and whichever team gets her will be trending up eventually

I wouldn't take her-I'd take NaLyssa Smith all day. She is bigger and has more athleticism. To me, Howard is never trying and seems like a giant brat.

Then you should follow Nylyssa Smith on Instagram more and tell me which is the bigger brat to you Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 09/09/21 12:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Shades wrote:
Randy wrote:

Exactly. Welcome to the Liberty system.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
root_thing

PostPosted: 09/09/21 1:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Regarding post players who may enter early, we're currently evaluating Prince and Sabally based on only one Covid-shorten college season. Prince has started only 10 games. For the season, she averaged roughly 10 points and 4 rebounds per game. For that, Sedona is being projected into the 1st Round. She had a couple of games against Oregon and Georgia where she looked really impressive. But again, it's only two games. Nyara Sabally appears to have physical ability, but she's really raw. The temptation is to compare her to Satou, but right now she looks more like Joyner Holmes. A little more efficient and maybe smarter, but still more like Holmes. Ayoka Lee is the other possible early entrant. She has two seasons under her belt, so there's more to work with. While I like Lee as a college player, her movement is very clunky. She looks like an old-style big, but not athletic post. So, if Kalani Brown is out of the league, and McCowan is up and down, you have to wonder about Lee at the next level.

Obviously, all these players still have another season ahead of them. We've seen players make big jumps in skill during their final year. We've even seen people change their bodies in a relatively short period of time. So anything is possible. I'm just trying to add a little perspective here.

PostPosted: 09/09/21 2:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

No one talking themselves into Sika Kone in the lottery yet?

PostPosted: 09/09/21 2:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ashley Joens will need to drastically change her game to survive in the W. Iowa State's offense is pretty much to isolate her, give her the ball, and let her back down her defender before trying some variation of an up-and-under move as the shot clock winds down. She'll need play much more on the perimeter and work on driving to the basket to survive in the W. Good news is she can shoot well so at least there's some hope.

root_thing

PostPosted: 09/09/21 3:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:

No, but you can be the first. Smile

Until recently, I never even heard of Sika Kone -- much less seen her. Right now, I'm trying to catch up on Americans like Jessika Carter and Mya Hollingshed who are drawing blanks when I try to remember them.

PostPosted: 09/09/21 6:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Shades wrote:
Randy wrote:

Agreed.

Last edited by Rock Hard on 09/09/21 6:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rock Hard

PostPosted: 09/09/21 6:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:

Sika who? Who dat?

PostPosted: 09/09/21 6:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
Richyyy wrote:

No, but you can be the first. Smile

Until recently, I never even heard of Sika Kone -- much less seen her. Right now, I'm trying to catch up on Americans like Jessika Carter and Mya Hollingshed who are drawing blanks when I try to remember them.

Did you say Jessika Carter? On today of all days? Confused Laughing OOF.

root_thing

PostPosted: 09/09/21 6:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:

Did you say Jessika Carter? On today of all days? Confused Laughing OOF.

How convenient. Now I won't draw a blank anymore when I try to remember her. Laughing

PostPosted: 09/09/21 6:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
Richyyy wrote:

Sika who? Who dat?

6-3 Malian forward playing professionally in Spain. One of the stars of the recent U19 World Cup. Put together some pretty good numbers in Spain's top division last season, averaging a double-double while shooting nearly 60% from the field. At 18.

PostPosted: 09/09/21 9:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:
Richyyy wrote:

Sika who? Who dat?

6-3 Malian forward playing professionally in Spain. One of the stars of the recent U19 World Cup. Put together some pretty good numbers in Spain's top division last season, averaging a double-double while shooting nearly 60% from the field. At 18.

Thought it was a new popsicle to be honest …hmm nice numbers though Sika Kone!!

PostPosted: 09/09/21 10:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:
Richyyy wrote:

Sika who? Who dat?

Omg bye Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing & fwiw, I think her last name is pronounced "Koh-nay", 09. Laughing

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 09/09/21 10:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:
Richyyy wrote:

Sika who? Who dat?

Omg bye Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing & fwiw, I think her last name is pronounced "Koh-nay", 09. Laughing

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 09/10/21 12:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Below is a link to Kone's agency page. Nice presentation until you notice in the first video that she's shown as WNBA draft eligible in 2024.

https://www.aksports.net/sika-kone/?doing_wp_cron=1631249515.5983409881591796875000

PostPosted: 09/10/21 12:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

2020 W-L records
LAS 15-7
WAS 9-13
DAL 8-14
ATL 7-15
IND 6-16
NYL 2-20

2021 W-L records 9/09/21
DAL 12-17
NYL 11-18
——————
WAS 10-18
LAS (DAL) 10-19
ATL 7-21
IND 6-21

Combined W-L records 9/09/21
DAL 20-31
NYL 13-38
——————
LAS (DAL) 25-26
WAS 19-31
ATL 14-36
IND 12-37

Race for worst combined losses
ATL has 4 games left: @WAS, IND, LAS, @CON
If they lose out they’ll have 40 combined losses.

NYL has 3 games left: @DAL, @CON, WAS
If they lose out they’ll have 41 combined losses.

IND has 5 games left: @MIN, @MIN, @ATL, MIN, @CHI
If they lose out they’ll have 42 combined losses.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Randy

PostPosted: 09/10/21 6:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dream could win 3 of 4 remaining games. Also, the game against the Sun may not matter to them by that time, so winning out is possible. Shocked

root_thing

PostPosted: 09/10/21 7:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Dream could win 3 of 4 remaining games. Also, the game against the Sun may not matter to them by that time, so winning out is possible. Shocked

Yeah, teams 7 through 12 all look really vulnerable right now, so it's a toss-up whenever they face each other. If anyone gets a little bit hot, they could mow down the other weaklings. And then at some point, the good teams will be locked into their playoff positions. It will be more beneficial for them to rest players. Whether you're rooting for ping-pong balls or a playoff spot, it's going to be a wild ride to the finish.

PostPosted: 09/10/21 11:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:

Even if the Sun have the #1 seed before the Atlanta game I can see J.J. still playing. She's still working on a potential MVP and missed 5 games for Europe.

Randy

PostPosted: 09/10/21 11:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RI_Sun_Fan wrote:
Randy wrote:

Even if the Sun have the #1 seed before the Atlanta game I can see J.J. still playing. She's still working on a potential MVP and missed 5 games for Europe.

Could be a great game for her to jack up her numbers. And - the Sun have a first round bye so they will get plenty of rest.

Davis4632

PostPosted: 09/10/21 1:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
RI_Sun_Fan wrote:
Randy wrote:

Could be a great game for her to jack up her numbers. And - the Sun have a first round bye so they will get plenty of rest.

The Sun have a double bye. If the Dream lose, they should be officially eliminated from the playoffs.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 38, 39, 40  Next
Page 6 of 40

Jump to: