Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lynxmania

PostPosted: 09/05/21 3:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I’d take Cash off no questions asked or second thoughts at all

Iluvacc

PostPosted: 09/05/21 3:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PickledGinger wrote:
Cash and Penicheiro over Vandersloot? Get the fuck out of here.

Ticha P is one of the greatest passers and defenders at the pg position. I absolutely will have her on the list, now Cash on the other hand. Arrow

pilight

PostPosted: 09/05/21 3:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm guessing Cash is there to ensure that every WNBA championship team is represented. There are no other members of the 2003 Shock included.

They left out an MVP, a couple of seven time All Stars, a five time All WNBA player, a nine time All Defensive player, three multiple Perrot Award winners, thirteen Peak Performers (two scorers, six rebounders, five assisters), a ten time POW, four DPOYs, and half the ROYs.

But they've got Swin Cash, who is none of those things

Last edited by pilight on 09/06/21 2:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 09/05/21 5:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PickledGinger wrote:
Cash and Penicheiro over Vandersloot? Get the fuck out of here.

And Tweety gets passed over again, who, BTW, was also a member of the 2003 Shock championship team.

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 09/05/21 7:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
I'm guessing Cash is there to ensure that every WNBA championship team is represented. There are no other members of the 2003 Shock included.

I hope that wasn't the argument, because choosing Cash over Nolan doesn't really stand up to scrutiny: the only thing that Cash has over Nolan is longevity. And, maybe, relationships with the "right" people.

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 09/05/21 7:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
pilight wrote:

I hope that wasn't the argument, because choosing Cash over Nolan doesn't really stand up to scrutiny: the only thing that Cash has over Nolan is longevity. And, maybe, relationships with the "right" people.

And then there's the Gold Medal Swin didn't earn...there are five players I'd pick over her without a second thought.

~rAf
pilight

PostPosted: 09/05/21 10:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
pilight wrote:

The biggest advantage Cash has over Nolan is that she didn't abandon the league in her prime. The W wants to discourage that kind of behavior so they leave Tweety off.

PostPosted: 09/05/21 10:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The League would argue that it was a vote, so Cash got in because enough people voted for her to get her into the Top 25. Which I can believe, given how beloved she was and her public profile (and she was pretty good, even if I don't think she'd make my top-35, never mind 25).

They could back that up by releasing the actual votes, but as we know, this League doesn't do things like that.

PostPosted: 09/06/21 1:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
The League would argue that it was a vote, so Cash got in because enough people voted for her to get her into the Top 25. Which I can believe, given how beloved she was and her public profile (and she was pretty good, even if I don't think she'd make my top-35, never mind 25).

They could back that up by releasing the actual votes, but as we know, this League doesn't do things like that.

And I believe an unearned Gold Medal should have taken her off ballots. That was more ridiculous than any All*Stars voted in who didn't deserve it.

~rAf
Tally24

PostPosted: 09/06/21 1:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I guess I didn’t vote for Penny Taylor enough…probably because I forgot after the announcement and didn’t remember until this thread was bumped.
Richyyy

PostPosted: 09/06/21 5:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tally24 wrote:
I guess I didn’t vote for Penny Taylor enough…probably because I forgot after the announcement and didn’t remember until this thread was bumped.

It wasn't a public vote. Various media members (list unknown, apart from the few that have announced themselves) voted for the top 25. Now the public gets to do this 'GOAT Vote' thing which is a remarkable waste of everyone's time.

PostPosted: 09/06/21 5:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Tally24 wrote:

It wasn't a public vote. Various media members (list unknown, apart from the few that have announced themselves) voted for the top 25. Now the public gets to do this 'GOAT Vote' thing which is a remarkable waste of everyone's time.

Well damn, they really had me out there when they first announced hashtagging out into the void! 😂🤷🏼‍♂️
jewelsongs

PostPosted: 09/06/21 9:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It is a travesty the they did not include Penny "Fn" Taylor. I am a Sparks fan, and she killed us on a regular basis.

Queenie

PostPosted: 09/07/21 7:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Tally24 wrote:

On the other hand, the hashflag with the goat wearing a tiny orange hoodie is adorable.

(now with spelling variations)
BamaEd

PostPosted: 09/07/21 3:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Just curious, it seems like Swin is the one most everyone would want to remove from the list. Who's the one to replace her?

I'm seeing a lot of Nolan, some CVS, some Douglas. Any other nominees?

Stormeo

PostPosted: 09/07/21 3:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BamaEd wrote:
Just curious, it seems like Swin is the one most everyone would want to remove from the list. Who's the one to replace her?

Fans of the Monarchs and Lynx, perhaps amongst others, would make an argument for Rebekkah Brunson.

pilight

PostPosted: 09/07/21 3:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BamaEd wrote:

If Douglas is being considered then Alana Beard should also be considered.

Candice Dupree and Nykesha Sales each have seven All Star appearances. Every other player with that many is included.

Natalie Williams was first team All WNBA three times. Every other player with three and most of those with two is included.

A'ja Wilson won MVP. Every other MVP is included.

Jonquel Jones has 10 Player of the Week awards. Every other player with that many is included. Only one other player with seven or more was left out.

Last edited by pilight on 09/07/21 3:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
BamaEd

PostPosted: 09/07/21 3:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oooh, some good names. If someone wants to do a poll, I wouldn't be averse to it Smile

pilight, I do love the stats, as always Smile

Richyyy

PostPosted: 09/07/21 5:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

For what it's worth, my list is here: https://twitter.com/RichardCohen1/status/1434578592890040320?s=20 (and in the tweets threaded after it). I had 21 definitely in (all of whom are also on the official list) and then a big group left to pick from for the last four. Three of mine in that last group differed from the official list (Taylor, Vandersloot and Douglas over Cash, Ogwumike and Penicheiro) but I do feel like you're really splitting hairs with those final spots.

Rachel Galligan got a load of players, coaches and league people to vote and came up with a very similar list (24 the same): https://justwomenssports.com/wnba-25-our-experts-rank-the-greatest-players-of-all-time/

Kurtis collected a bunch of people's lists and opinions in this thread: https://twitter.com/fromkurtis/status/1433808621540884488?s=20

PostPosted: 09/07/21 11:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BamaEd wrote:

Definitely Penny Taylor.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 09/08/21 4:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

threadkiller1201 wrote:
BamaEd wrote:

Definitely Penny Taylor.

Yeah i agree

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
BamaEd

PostPosted: 09/08/21 2:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Deanna Nolan
Katie Douglas
Courtney Vandersloot
Penny Taylor

any other nominees? Nykesha Sales? Delisha Milton-Jones? A'ja Wilson? Maybe I'll try doing the poll? WHO KNOWS!?!?!

pilight

PostPosted: 09/08/21 2:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BamaEd wrote:
Deanna Nolan
Katie Douglas
Courtney Vandersloot
Penny Taylor

any other nominees? Nykesha Sales? Delisha Milton-Jones? A'ja Wilson? Maybe I'll try doing the poll? WHO KNOWS!?!?!

I posted my list of 25 upthread and gave you some other names besides

PostPosted: 09/08/21 8:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BamaEd wrote:
Deanna Nolan
Katie Douglas
Courtney Vandersloot
Penny Taylor

How about Andrea Stinson ?

PostPosted: 09/09/21 7:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
BamaEd wrote:
Deanna Nolan
Katie Douglas
Courtney Vandersloot
Penny Taylor

How about Andrea Stinson ?

DeNasty should have been on that list.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: