RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Team USA 2020/2021
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Olympics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 08/10/21 11:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
I totally do not hate Parker, so where does that come from? I thought it a travesty that she was left off Rio. But Nneka and Parker have two totally different personalities and that was my point.

It's completely fair to point out that they have different personalities, but "flaunt" struck me as a suspiciously deliberate choice of words.

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 08/10/21 1:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

huskiemaniac wrote:
Libra_Girl wrote:
huskiemaniac wrote:
Libra_Girl wrote:
Uconn fans still wanna tell us there isn’t bias with Geno on the selection team?

I wonder if Nneka will wait until the W season is over before going on her "Geno robbed me of my rightful position on TEAM USA" diva melodrama sob story tour.

I can see why you like Geno. What does Nneka have do with what Geno said about USA having a harder time winning gold without DT & Sue? Interesting how you crop the rest of what I wrote to take shots at Nneka who actually gave the USA more grace than I would have, especially after blaming her injury while taking a injured player Rolling Eyes Even after that Geno went on Renee M podcast playing a victim about being blamed while admitting he got Asha Jones on the London team smh. But there’s no funny business with the selection committee right? Give me a break.

When Geno is coach: "it's the coach's fault".

When Dawn is coach: "it's Geno's fault".

The logic is illuminating. Who hates whom? Laughing

I used the pertinent part of your post as it related to MY post. I don't think that's disingenuous.

Re: Asjha Jones- is what Geno said not true? Did he not ask around for thoughts on who would be able to guard Cambage? Did he lie when saying AJ did in fact basically shut Cambage down in the 2nd half of that game?

If he lied, I take it all back. Otherwise...

Yes AJ did not do a damn thing Tina Shut cambage down did you not watch ? Or honestly Cambage lost her gas and so did the entire Opals team that year. Jackson included , the USA Depth ran them in the ground. Aja contributed absolutely nothing including Cash for that matter.

PostPosted: 08/10/21 2:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Yes AJ did not do a damn thing Tina Shut cambage down did you not watch ? Or honestly Cambage lost her gas and so did the entire Opals team that year. Jackson included , the USA Depth ran them in the ground. Aja contributed absolutely nothing including Cash for that matter.

Well, that's not completely fair: you can't say that USAB's depth ran the Opals into the ground, and then turn around and say, out of the other side of your neck, that Asjha Jones didn't contribute anything. She provided part of that depth: even is she didn't contribute anything in the way of statistical productivity, she was still a fresh body that Auriemma could throw at Cambage.

The correct question is, could another equally or more qualified player, who didn't have an "in" with Geno have done the same thing? Absolutely.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 08/10/21 3:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

Well, that's not completely fair: you can't say that USAB's depth ran the Opals into the ground, and then turn around and say, out of the other side of your neck, that Asjha Jones didn't contribute anything. She provided part of that depth: even is she didn't contribute anything in the way of statistical productivity, she was still a fresh body that Auriemma could throw at Cambage.

The correct question is, could another equally or more qualified player, who didn't have an "in" with Geno have done the same thing? Absolutely.

No, I will state out the side front and back of my neck that Ashjha and Swin contritubed Nothing to that team at all. Dont speak for me were cool but dont.... Confused Confused Confused He could have Thrown Brunson who was way more proven at that time ..sooooooo this is when the UCONN pedigree became substance PS they said our depth ran teams into the ground not me....

PostPosted: 08/10/21 3:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
myrtle wrote:
I totally do not hate Parker, so where does that come from? I thought it a travesty that she was left off Rio. But Nneka and Parker have two totally different personalities and that was my point.

It's completely fair to point out that they have different personalities, but "flaunt" struck me as a suspiciously deliberate choice of words.

fair enough. I guess my dander was up over the previous post and responded too much in kind. my bad.

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 08/10/21 3:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
No, I will state out the side front and back of my neck that Ashjha and Swin contritubed Nothing to that team at all. Dont speak for me were cool but dont.... :? :? :? He could have Thrown Brunson who was way more proven at that time ..sooooooo this is when the UCONN pedigree became substance PS they said our depth ran teams into the ground not me....

Depth is not nothing. Even if all a player is good for is five fouls, that's still not "nothing."

The point is that it didn't have to be Asjha Jones. It could have been Brunson, it could have been Langhorne, it could have been Young it could have been a number of players who were as or more qualified than Jones. It ended up being Jones, because Geno Auriemma is a mob boss.

Libra_Girl

PostPosted: 08/10/21 11:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

My original post had nothing to do with Nneka being snubbed or any feelings she might Rightfully have about it. The quote that was in my original post was in the article I’d post at the end about Diana & Sue. Geno basically said they needed them to win gold & if Tokyo was their last Olympic team USA will have a harder time getting gold going forward. How is that not bias? USA were winning gold before DT & Bird so Geno saying that was nothing more than him saying any future USA guards will have a harder time helping USA get gold. I don’t care if what he said was true. You can’t get mad about people saying there’s a UConn bias while the same time admitting to putting a UConn player on the team.It really doesn’t matter if he talked to the selection committee because he knew as one of the best women basketball coaches he knew he had the power to get his former player on the team. Interesting how the players on the Tokyo team for the 1st time all had a UConn former player on their Wnba team except Gray. Not saying they didn’t earned but things that make you go hmm.
huskiemaniac wrote:
Libra_Girl wrote:
huskiemaniac wrote:
Libra_Girl wrote:
Uconn fans still wanna tell us there isn’t bias with Geno on the selection team?

I wonder if Nneka will wait until the W season is over before going on her "Geno robbed me of my rightful position on TEAM USA" diva melodrama sob story tour.

I can see why you like Geno. What does Nneka have do with what Geno said about USA having a harder time winning gold without DT & Sue? Interesting how you crop the rest of what I wrote to take shots at Nneka who actually gave the USA more grace than I would have, especially after blaming her injury while taking a injured player Rolling Eyes Even after that Geno went on Renee M podcast playing a victim about being blamed while admitting he got Asha Jones on the London team smh. But there’s no funny business with the selection committee right? Give me a break.

When Geno is coach: "it's the coach's fault".

When Dawn is coach: "it's Geno's fault".

The logic is illuminating. Who hates whom? Laughing

I used the pertinent part of your post as it related to MY post. I don't think that's disingenuous.

Re: Asjha Jones- is what Geno said not true? Did he not ask around for thoughts on who would be able to guard Cambage? Did he lie when saying AJ did in fact basically shut Cambage down in the 2nd half of that game?

If he lied, I take it all back. Otherwise...

huskiemaniac

PostPosted: 08/12/21 3:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

"It could have been anyone, but it had to be him".

That's a quote about Jimi Hendrix, by Eric Clapton, as it relates to the former's part played in the revitalization of the London blues scene, if it can be identified as such.

With Geno as the above-stated USA BASKETBALL mob boss, I guess the same applies to Asjha Jones.

(What WILL they do with all that freed-up time when Geno is gone?) Laughing

pilight

PostPosted: 08/17/21 8:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dawn Staley softens stance, open to returning as Team USA coach

https://www.espn.com/olympics/story/_/id/32040735

Quote:
However, on Tuesday, Staley appeared to soften her position. She compared it with asking a woman who has just given birth if she wants another child.

"Then you see how much that baby gives you joy, and you start thinking about it," Staley said. "I'm probably about nine, 10 days removed from [the Olympics], I'm feeling a little bit differently now."

PostPosted: 08/18/21 9:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dammit. Coaches need to get one Olympics and then they're gone.

pilight

PostPosted: 11/30/21 10:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Candace Parker with some tea

https://twitter.com/TaylorRooks/status/1465842616487063561

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27
Page 27 of 27

Jump to: