RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Transfers/Injuries/Sit-Outs/Redshirts 2021-22
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
summertime blues

PostPosted: 07/02/21 1:50 pm    ::: Transfers/Injuries/Sit-Outs/Redshirts 2021-22 Reply Reply with quote

Time for a new thread here.

Kansas transfer, Brooklyn Mitchell, 5'6 PG out of New Orleans, LA, has landed at Lamar of the WAC.
https://lamarcardinals.com/news/2021/7/1/womens-basketball-mitchell-set-to-join-cards-for-2021-22.aspx

And 5'7 Lamar G Dijoné Flowers goes off to Southeastern Louisiana.
https://lionsports.net/news/2021/7/1/womens-basketball-southeastern-welcomes-flowers-for-2021-22.aspx

Sounds almost like a baseball trade, no?

PostPosted: 07/06/21 8:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

6'3 So C Sydnee Roby from Milwaukee has left Miami (FL) for the greener pastures of Texas A&M.
https://12thman.com/news/2021/7/2/womens-basketball-womens-basketball-signs-sydnee-roby.aspx

Boise State announces the signing of Brown transfer Dominique Leonidas, 5'5 Sr PG out of Stone Mtn, GA.
https://broncosports.com/news/2021/7/2/womens-basketball-broncos-add-transfer-from-brown.aspx

PostPosted: 07/10/21 8:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kendra Gillispie to Baylor:

https://baylorbears.com/news/2021/7/9/womens-basketball-wbb-adds-freshman-gillispie-for-2021-22.aspx

She originally committted to Ole Miss and then changed her commitment to Marquette when Tony Greene left Ole Miss for Marquette. Now that Tony Greene is at Baylor it's not real surprising she ended up there.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 07/14/21 2:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I have no idea when this happened, but 20-21 ODAC POY Abby Oguich (5'11 F, Midlothian, VA) has transferred from D-III University of Lynchburg to JMU. She is a Jr so will have 2 years remaining.

PostPosted: 07/27/21 7:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Alexis Morris (Baylor>>Rutgers>>Texas A&M) has entered the transfer portal, looking for her fourth school.

Zaay Green has been in the portal for a while...haven't seen any speculation about her destination (third school).

TAMU is going to have quite a shakeup in both players and AC's by the time the season starts.

PickledGinger

PostPosted: 07/27/21 11:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lavender Briggs in the portal out of Florida.

PostPosted: 08/04/21 2:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Briggs out of the portal, staying at UF.

Lattimore and Day-Wilson both in the portal - won't be going to 'Cuse.

PostPosted: 08/08/21 7:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Za'ay Green: Tenn>>Texas A&M>>Arkansas-Pine Bluff
per Raoul's tweet today.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 08/09/21 8:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FrozenLVFan wrote:
per Raoul's tweet today.

How have the mighty fallen.

PostPosted: 08/09/21 8:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
FrozenLVFan wrote:
per Raoul's tweet today.

she can be a really big studette there. maybe that's what she wanted.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 08/10/21 1:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
FrozenLVFan wrote:
per Raoul's tweet today.

Probably. She's good but I think her ego precedes even her abilities, which is too bad for her. And I think coaches saw that, which is why she sat inthe transfer window for so long. She could have been a VBD at Tennessee too but I think she wasn't willing to put in the work after Kellie got there and she saw the writing on the wall. Same at TAMU.

PostPosted: 08/11/21 1:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
myrtle wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
FrozenLVFan wrote:
per Raoul's tweet today.

Probably. She's good but I think her ego precedes even her abilities, which is too bad for her. And I think coaches saw that, which is why she sat inthe transfer window for so long. She could have been a VBD at Tennessee too but I think she wasn't willing to put in the work after Kellie got there and she saw the writing on the wall. Same at TAMU.

She only played 2 games for KJH then got injured and missed the rest of the season. The drug possession charge is what got her booted from Tenn. I doubt she saw herself playing only 9 mpg at TAMU after starting and playing 26 mpg as a freshman at Tenn. I'd bet her tx is related to PT.

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 08/14/21 5:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Amani Bartlett '21, former Syracuse commit, has announced she's going to LSU.

https://www.syracuse.com/orangewomen/2021/08/former-syracuse-womens-basketball-commit-amani-bartlett-flips-to-louisiana-state.html

icey23

PostPosted: 08/21/21 8:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FrozenLVFan wrote:
Alexis Morris (Baylor>>Rutgers>>Texas A&M) has entered the transfer portal, looking for her fourth school.

Zaay Green has been in the portal for a while...haven't seen any speculation about her destination (third school).

TAMU is going to have quite a shakeup in both players and AC's by the time the season starts.

Morris to LSU!!!

PostPosted: 08/21/21 11:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

icey23 wrote:
FrozenLVFan wrote:

Morris to LSU!!!

Did she change her mind about Kim Mulkey in the last however-many years, or did she just not like Baylor?

(now with spelling variations)
okstateguy

PostPosted: 08/21/21 11:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/TexasWBB/status/1428888420882034691

Sidenote: as she learns more about the American Civil War Era(if she isn't already well-acquainted), probably won't appreciate her new university of choice welcoming Black athletes to their 40 acres.

PostPosted: 08/22/21 12:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
icey23 wrote:
FrozenLVFan wrote:

Morris to LSU!!!

Did she change her mind about Kim Mulkey in the last however-many years, or did she just not like Baylor?

Nope you have it backwards. Kicked off the Baylor squad for assaulting another woman. She had another arrest later for drug possession. So it's actually Kim giving the former PG a second chance. I liked her play a lot but she may have to sit the year out, not being a graduate.

PickledGinger

PostPosted: 08/22/21 1:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Prediction: Baylor's days of recruiting dominance are done. Texas is going to become the dominant program in the Big 12 by the time is dissolves in 2025 and a Top 3 SEC team when they move over. They have a championship level freshman class now with Lattimore and superstar Moore, as well as Top 25 guards and high school teammates Rori Harmon and Kyndall Hunter. Gonna be real good in a few year.

PostPosted: 08/22/21 5:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

taropatch wrote:
Queenie wrote:
icey23 wrote:
FrozenLVFan wrote:

Morris to LSU!!!

Nope you have it backwards. Kicked off the Baylor squad for assaulting another woman. She had another arrest later for drug possession. So it's actually Kim giving the former PG a second chance. I liked her play a lot but she may have to sit the year out, not being a graduate.

yikes, I'd forgotten, it's been a long decade

(now with spelling variations)
summertime blues

PostPosted: 08/23/21 10:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

okstateguy wrote:

Sidenote: as she learns more about the American Civil War Era(if she isn't already well-acquainted), probably won't appreciate her new university of choice welcoming Black athletes to their 40 acres.

Is this a transfer or a signing? I'm confused. If it's a transfer, where from? If it's a signing, wrong thread.

PostPosted: 08/23/21 10:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
okstateguy wrote:

Is this a transfer or a signing? I'm confused. If it's a transfer, where from? If it's a signing, wrong thread.

Had originally signed with Syracuse for next season, announced she was moving on this summer. Not sure what it is officially considered, but I consider it a transfer since she was already on campus when the decision to leave was made

PostPosted: 08/23/21 11:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

okstateguy wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
okstateguy wrote:

Had originally signed with Syracuse for next season, announced she was moving on this summer. Not sure what it is officially considered, but I consider it a transfer since she was already on campus when the decision to leave was made

Thanks for clearing that up. I have the feeling Syracuse will have some trouble putting a team on the court this year. If they do it will probably be walk-ons and, well, your guess is as good as mine. Their reputation has been bloodied pretty badly.

PostPosted: 08/23/21 11:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PickledGinger wrote:
Prediction: Baylor's days of recruiting dominance are done. Texas is going to become the dominant program in the Big 12 by the time is dissolves in 2025 and a Top 3 SEC team when they move over. They have a championship level freshman class now with Lattimore and superstar Moore, as well as Top 25 guards and high school teammates Rori Harmon and Kyndall Hunter. Gonna be real good in a few year.

They also lost Collier and Celeste Taylor their 2 best players last season along with PG transfer from Duke. Baylor should still have the advantage next season. After that its UT's to lose.

PostPosted: 08/23/21 9:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Gonna be a whole new landscape once the dust settles....I wonder if there'll be some hot, newly-shaped squad coming out of nowhere to be a FF contender. Shocked

PostPosted: 08/24/21 3:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
PickledGinger wrote:

They also lost Collier and Celeste Taylor their 2 best players last season along with PG transfer from Duke. Baylor should still have the advantage next season. After that its UT's to lose.

Baylor, Iowa State and West Virginia should actually all finish better than Texas this year. But in 2022 Baylor might lose 5 starters (and 6/9 total scholarhip players) and Iowa State loses best-ever player Ashley Joens. West Virginia also loses significant talent, but with Esmery Martinez and KK Deans they might pull it out against a superiorly talented but sophomore-lead Texas squad.

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34  Next
Page 1 of 34

Jump to: