RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Transfers/Injuries/Sit-Outs 2020-21
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NoDakSt

PostPosted: 04/16/21 1:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

undersized_post wrote:
I've heard a well-sourced rumor that Kylie Feuerbach (5'11'' wing, rising sophomore) is transferring from Iowa State to Iowa. Shocked

Iowa rarely takes transfers, but Feuerbach used to play AAU with three players on Iowa's current roster -- including C2 (Caitlin Clark Wink). So the player chemistry is already there.

If true, that would be the Stacey Frese scenario but in reverse.

Hoopsmom

PostPosted: 04/16/21 8:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PG4ever wrote:
ClayK wrote:
11 in the portal from Syracuse? He must really be a jerk ...

Just from the little I've read about Hillsman, including the stories of how he supported Mangakahia during her bout with cancer, I don't get the impression players don't like him or that he's a jerk. He very well may be but he hasn't had mass exoduses in the past. I think covid and transfer rules are creating crazy situations. Eleven. That's a lot of players. Wow.

I agree. I think, especially in the case of schools like Syracuse, these girls won a game in the tournament. Some of them, or their parents, are thinking, “Hey I’m better than this, I could be at a better school with better visibility and playing time,” etc.... The fact is, just because they enter their name in the portal doesn’t mean they’re going to find another school to take them, especially a “better” school. And some coaches may take the opportunity to get rid of a player and say, “sorry, since you don’t want to be here, I’ve already replaced you”, or whatever.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 04/16/21 11:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Katie Nelson (5'8 PG) is grad transferring from BU to Wisconsin, following her coach Marisa Mosely. This will provide some immediate help for the Badgers.
https://uwbadgers.com/news/2021/4/15/womens-basketball-katie-nelson-joins-womens-basketball.aspx

Mizzou attempts to get help in the post with the addition of 6'3 C Skylah Travis,(Fr, ODU) who will have 4 years of eligibility because she got a medical redshirt last year with a knee injury.
https://mutigers.com/news/2021/4/15/womens-basketball-mizzou-womens-basketball-lands-transfer-skylah-travis.aspx

Middle Tennessee is trying to replace a Hayes with Maine grad transfer Dor Saar (5'6 Sr PG from Israel). Not quite even, IMNSHO.
https://goblueraiders.com/news/2021/4/15/womens-basketball-maine-all-time-great-saar-signs-with-lady-raiders.aspx

Duke transfer Jennifer Ezeh (6'3 RS Fr F) has landed at Missouri State. Nice get for Coach Mox. https://missouristatebears.com/news/2021/4/14/womens-basketball-lady-bears-land-transfer-jennifer-ezeh.aspx

PostPosted: 04/16/21 12:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quay Miller and Tameiya Sadler both to Colorado. Shocked

Curious. JR Payne's trying to buy herself some more time with that 25-63 record in the Pac-12. Trying to use that one win over Stanford to redefine her career.

PostPosted: 04/16/21 12:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hoopsmom wrote:
PG4ever wrote:
ClayK wrote:

Just from the little I've read about Hillsman, including the stories of how he supported Mangakahia during her bout with cancer, I don't get the impression players don't like him or that he's a jerk. He very well may be but he hasn't had mass exoduses in the past. I think covid and transfer rules are creating crazy situations. Eleven. That's a lot of players. Wow.

I agree. I think, especially in the case of schools like Syracuse, these girls won a game in the tournament. Some of them, or their parents, are thinking, “Hey I’m better than this, I could be at a better school with better visibility and playing time,” etc.... The fact is, just because they enter their name in the portal doesn’t mean they’re going to find another school to take them, especially a “better” school. And some coaches may take the opportunity to get rid of a player and say, “sorry, since you don’t want to be here, I’ve already replaced you”, or whatever.

How DOES all that work, anyways? Being "in the portal" doesn't necessarily mean a player is leaving, right? They can choose to remain put, but....can a coach decide that, if a player enters the portal, they may terminate their scholarship?

PostPosted: 04/16/21 2:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PickledGinger wrote:
Quay Miller and Tameiya Sadler both to Colorado. Shocked

Curious. JR Payne's trying to buy herself some more time with that 25-63 record in the Pac-12. Trying to use that one win over Stanford to redefine her career.

At least AJ Marotte went to a good program within the conference. It’s incredibly embarrassing for UW to lose good recruits to a mediocre program like Colorado’s. *Sigh* Yet, it all sounds about right. The rebuild sure hasn’t gotten easier after these intraconference defections, and it wasn’t exactly easy before.

The fact that we’ve gotten anyone to stay at this point is incredible. Hopefully Langley ends up being a legit miracle worker. It will take time. Crying or Very sad A UW WBB hiatus may do me some good...

undersized_post

PostPosted: 04/16/21 5:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

undersized_post wrote:
I've heard a well-sourced rumor that Kylie Feuerbach (5'11'' wing, rising sophomore) is transferring from Iowa State to Iowa. Shocked

Iowa rarely takes transfers, but Feuerbach used to play AAU with three players on Iowa's current roster -- including C2 (Caitlin Clark Wink). So the player chemistry is already there.

It's official! Feuerbach from Iowa State to Iowa. Iowa basically never takes transfers... especially from our biggest rival! It's even more surprising given that Feuerbach had family ties to ISU.

It will be interesting to see what Iowa's rotation looks like at the 2 and 3 spots next year. She seems competent enough on offense, but what Iowa really needs is someone who can play good perimeter defense and crash the glass. Hopefully she can help!

https://twitter.com/kylie_feuerbach/status/1383180054994239496

https://www.thegazette.com/hawkeye-basketball/kylie-feuerbach-former-cyclone-future-hawkeye/

Last edited by undersized_post on 04/16/21 6:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
NoDakSt

PostPosted: 04/16/21 6:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

undersized_post wrote:
undersized_post wrote:

It's official! Feuerbach from Iowa State to Iowa. Iowa basically never takes transfers... especially from our biggest rival! It's even more surprising given that Feuerbach had family ties to ISU.

It will be interesting to see what Iowa's rotation looks like at the 2 and 3 spots next year. She seems competent enough on offense, but what Iowa needs help with more than anything is perimeter defense. I'm hoping Feuerbach's decent size and athleticism can help with that.

https://www.thegazette.com/hawkeye-basketball

/kylie-feuerbach-former-cyclone-future-hawkeye/

Time to head over to CycloneFanatic for some lite reading.

undersized_post

PostPosted: 04/16/21 6:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:
undersized_post wrote:
undersized_post wrote:

It will be interesting to see what Iowa's rotation looks like at the 2 and 3 spots next year. She seems competent enough on offense, but what Iowa really needs is someone who can play good perimeter defense and crash the glass. Hopefully she can help!

Laughing Laughing Laughing If you really want drama on the Iowa/ISU boards... It is suspected that Ashley Joens's notorious father trolls the Iowa board under the strange username "Non posters."

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 04/16/21 6:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

undersized_post wrote:
NoDakSt wrote:
undersized_post wrote:
undersized_post wrote:

Laughing Laughing Laughing If you really want drama on the Iowa/ISU boards... It is suspected that Ashley Joens's notorious father trolls the Iowa board under the strange username "Non posters."

Yea, I remember some such entity raising a stir when Whitney Jennings left the Hawkeye program. I don’t know if it’s true or not. Daddy Joens is like a king of self-promotion, would be really use an alias on message boards?

There are a significant amount of posters on CycloneFanatic who like Fennelly but another group who thinks he treats players unfairly and if he doesn’t like you, he’s thru with you. I think he’s probably just old school. He knows people respond differently to different motivators and thus pushes different buttons. Sometimes he’s off on his estimations and a few posters think his handling of Kylie falls along these lines. Emily Ryan also comes to mind.

undersized_post

PostPosted: 04/16/21 6:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:

Yea, I remember some such entity raising a stir when Whitney Jennings left the Hawkeye program. I don’t know if it’s true or not. Daddy Joens is like a king of self-promotion, would be really use an alias on message boards?

There are a significant amount of posters on CycloneFanatic who like Fennelly but another group who thinks he treats players unfairly and if he doesn’t like you, he’s thru with you. I think he’s probably just old school. He knows people respond differently to different motivators and thus pushes different buttons. Sometimes he’s off on his estimations and a few posters think his handling of Kylie falls along these lines. Emily Ryan also comes to mind.

Re: Daddy Joens -- I think you're right haha, it's probably not him. Though on the other hand, if he were blatant about it, I'm sure the mods would just ban him, so maybe he's being careful?

You got me curious so now I'm perusing CycloneFanatic for the first time. And damn! There are some hard feelings! Posters are saying that Kylie hated Fennelly. ISU is going to be out for blood when they play Iowa this fall. First, the fact that Iowa staged an incredible 4thQ comeback this past season, and now this transfer.

Iowa's roster is at maximum capacity now. It seems like a lot to manage. I wonder if anyone will leave.

scfastpitch

PostPosted: 04/17/21 6:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
Hoopsmom wrote:
PG4ever wrote:
ClayK wrote:

How DOES all that work, anyways? Being "in the portal" doesn't necessarily mean a player is leaving, right? They can choose to remain put, but....can a coach decide that, if a player enters the portal, they may terminate their scholarship?

I think you forfeit your scholarship when you enter the portal . If you withdraw from the portal , it would be up to the school whether to restore your scholarship or not .

undersized_post

PostPosted: 04/17/21 11:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tekia Mack of Rutgers is entering the portal as a grad transfer, hoping to play her extra year somewhere else. Streaky on offense, but she's a force on the glass and the defensive end. With Guirantes graduating, Diamond Johnson leaving, and now Mack, that's Rutgers's three best players.

(edit: not to mention other players such as Zippy Broughton who is going to Florida and Mael Gilles who wants to grad transfer)

summertime blues

PostPosted: 04/18/21 2:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Minnesota officially announces the addition of grad transfer from Kansas, Bailey Helgren, 6'5 Sr C.
https://gophersports.com/news/2021/4/17/womens-basketball-bailey-helgren-joining-gophers-as-grad-transfer.aspx

Mississippi State's ex, Xaria Wiggins, 6'1 Jr W, has committed to Auburn
https://oanow.com/sports/college/auburn/auburn-picks-up-transfer-commitment-from-mississippi-state-s-xaria-wiggins/article_c8edd888-9ed9-11eb-8400-93a450458a10.html

Kenny Brooks' Va Tech picks up Liberty grad transfer Emily Lytle, 5'11 RS Sr W
https://hokiesports.com/news/2021/4/16/womens-basketball-emily-lytle-signs-with-womens-basketball-program-friday.aspx

Purdue adds Cal Poly transfer Abbey Ellis, 5'6 So PG out of Australia,
https://purduesports.com/news/2021/4/16/womens-basketball-ellis-joins-purdue-from-cal-poly.aspx

PostPosted: 04/18/21 7:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Eboni Walker from Arizona State to Syracuse

Dontavia Waggoner from NC State to Boston College

Jada Rice from NC State to Alabama

PostPosted: 04/19/21 8:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hoopsmom wrote:
PG4ever wrote:
ClayK wrote:

So-

I live in Syracuse and I have never met one person in this community that doesn't speak very, VERY highly of Q.

**Of the 11 transfers, Emily Engstler was the biggest loss. Her and Q posted their pic on twitter after it was announced. She has been the best and most talented player on Syracuse since she arrived and I think he mis-used her.

**Four of the transfers are players who are going to graduate this year. 3 of them have used 4 years of eligibility and the other was a redshirt junior. Sorry, but if I'm getting a free year of eligibility from the NCAA because of Covid-I'm not spending it dealing with Syracuse winters. I don't think you truly understand what winter is like around here unless you're fully in it. It's cold, dark, windy, tons of lake effect snow, and lonnnnnnnnnnnng.

**All the players that were suspended who transferred were at a huge party thrown on campus by the football team and the University brought the hammer down on them. So, I'm not at all surprised they left.

**The other two players who left rarely saw the floor and with what recruits are coming in, they weren't ever going to play.

I think the most important piece of this puzzle is that Q's two most prized pupils are coming back, Williams and Cardoso.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 04/19/21 11:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

IMNSHO, the biggest problem at Syracuse, that I can see anyhow when I've been able to see their games, is the overwhelming lack of fan support. The stands are nearly empty. And this was before the Covid year. That would discourage any player. Those fans they have are enthusiastic, but they seem to be few in number.

PostPosted: 04/19/21 11:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:

**Of the 11 transfers, Emily Engstler was the biggest loss. Her and Q posted their pic on twitter after it was announced. She has been the best and most talented player on Syracuse since she arrived and I think he mis-used her.

agree. I always wondered about how he used her. When she was a Freshman, she looked like one of the best players, yet he didn't play her. The past couple of years, she's played more but I never had the feeling she was put in the best position to showcase her skill. JMO and with limited viewing time, but it was enough that I actually noticed her which is saying something!

ucbart

PostPosted: 04/19/21 12:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
IMNSHO, the biggest problem at Syracuse, that I can see anyhow when I've been able to see their games, is the overwhelming lack of fan support. The stands are nearly empty. And this was before the Covid year. That would discourage any player. Those fans they have are enthusiastic, but they seem to be few in number.

Yup! The community doesn't get behind them at all. One major problem is that they play in a dome that seats 33K for a basketball game. When you get 1K fans a game(if they're lucky), it's rough. However, the dome is a recruiting advantage, so it has a negative and a positive. It's a very cool stadium.

ucbart

PostPosted: 04/19/21 12:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
ucbart wrote:

agree. I always wondered about how he used her. When she was a Freshman, she looked like one of the best players, yet he didn't play her. The past couple of years, she's played more but I never had the feeling she was put in the best position to showcase her skill. JMO and with limited viewing time, but it was enough that I actually noticed her which is saying something!

Her first two year she was slow, out of shape, and was a liability on defense. This year though, there was no excuse. She started out the season with an ankle injury and she came off the bench after that. There is no way Strautmane should've started at the 4 over Engstler. Emily has ACC POY talent. I watch every game, her first two years, in person. You can tell during the layup lines that she is the best player. She will THRIVVVVVVE under Walz.

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 04/19/21 2:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Imani Lewis. From Wisconsin to Duke.

undersized_post

PostPosted: 04/19/21 3:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:
Imani Lewis. From Wisconsin to Duke.

I wish her the best. Always (well, almost always) hope to see former B1G players succeed. Duke will be interesting to watch next year.

undersized_post

PostPosted: 04/20/21 8:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jordan Lewis grad transferring from Alabama to Baylor (as had been rumored).

https://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/story/_/id/31298484/baylor-women-basketball-adds-transfer-jordan-lewis-alabama

Quote:
Lewis is the fifth graduate transfer to sign with Baylor the past three years, following Chloe Jackson, Te'a Cooper, Erin DeGrate and DiJonai Carrington. Jackson, Cooper and Carrington were all WNBA draft picks after playing for the Lady Bears their final college seasons.

Is Baylor ever again going to recruit and develop a scoring guard? Moon Ursin may have been the last of her kind.

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 04/20/21 8:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Taylor Valladay becomes the second Marquette sophomore to transfer:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CN6MrykHUhR/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Howee

PostPosted: 04/20/21 9:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

undersized_post wrote:
Jordan Lewis grad transferring from Alabama to Baylor (as had been rumored).

Hmmmm....now, what if Kim decides to geaux to Tiger Land? Shocked Razz

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 13 of 19

Jump to: