blaase22

PostPosted: 04/15/21 11:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So who’s making this team?

Milks26

PostPosted: 04/15/21 11:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
Shades wrote:
Milks26 wrote:

But, I can envision the next convo surrounding the #1 & 2 picks being about who will have the best overall career.

How many European players that didn’t go to an American college have consistently showed up to the WNBA? What makes Kuier different... maybe because she seems pretty westernized already?

Maybe all she really needed was to get drafted to the WNBA at #2, and now she can cash in. Probably playing in a EuroLeague team for sure next year with a 6-digit salary. She’s probably worth the gamble for Dallas, but who really knows unless you’ve thoroughly interviewed her and have psychic powers.

Kuier will probably have less National team commitments (unless she can carry Finland to the Worlds and Olympics) compared to players from Spain, France, Italy and even Belgium.

It seems like she wants to give it a shot. Maybe she comes over and loves America maybe she gives it a shot and decides it is not for her. Dallas was the right team to take a chance with multiple high picks.

Exactly. Even if she does carry Finland on the international stadium she's only 19 - still years away from that accomplishment.

PostPosted: 04/15/21 11:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

blaase22 wrote:

They're bringing 14 into training camp. Only 12 survive.

I wish Jefferson could be one of them. It erks me that she has a protected contract?? She modeled the new uniforms for the team but, is healthy from her latest injury?

I'd hate to see Bella go. The kid has a future. But, its possible

Gustafson and Mabrey Yes, Mabrey did her thing last year - but was that a one hit wonder or what? (prefer Evans - true PG and Dungee over her).

PostPosted: 04/16/21 8:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mabrey/Harris/Jefferson
Ogunbowale/Gray
Sabally/Thornton
Kuier/Alarie
Collier/Harrison

Last spot between Dungee and Evans

I want Jefferson gone.

Mabrey/Harris/Evans
Ogunbowale/Gray/Dungee
Sabally/Thornton
Kuier/Alarie
Collier/Harrison

Sabally with the ability to play the 4 and Gray with the ability to play the 3. All posts are versatile enough to play the 4 or 5. 3 people with the ability to play lead guard. This team in paper is a year or two away from contending if they remain together. Jefferson is not needed at all. It’s arguable that all of Jefferson, Thornton, and Harrison could be easily replaced.

PostPosted: 04/16/21 9:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Cooper2009 wrote:
Mabrey/Harris/Jefferson
Ogunbowale/Gray
Sabally/Thornton
Kuier/Alarie
Collier/Harrison

I want Jefferson gone.

Mabrey/Harris/Evans
Ogunbowale/Gray/Dungee
Sabally/Thornton
Kuier/Alarie
Collier/Harrison

Sabally with the ability to play the 4 and Gray with the ability to play the 3. All posts are versatile enough to play the 4 or 5. 3 people with the ability to play lead guard. This team in paper is a year or two away from contending if they remain together. Jefferson is not needed at all. It’s arguable that all of Jefferson, Thornton, and Harrison could be easily replaced.

______________X

PostPosted: 04/16/21 9:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Technically, they could just cut Jefferson and keep the four draft picks (I'm also assuming Gustafson would be gone). But they're already paying Ndour 220k to not play for them over the next two years. Just waiving her would mean paying Jefferson over 355k to not play for them over the next two years (a buyout might save some of that). That's a staggering amount of cash - not to mention used up cap space - in WNBA terms.

PostPosted: 04/16/21 10:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Whoever decided to give Jefferson and Ndour protected contracts - hell just bringing them to the squad should foot the bill.

By drafting PG Evans maybe they've finally seen the light on Jefferson. She stay hurt.

PostPosted: 04/16/21 11:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I wonder if they could turn a package like:

Jefferson, Collier, and a 2022 1st rder for someone like Fowles or another veteran post who can anchor a defense and take some pressure off the young talent while they develop.

As much potential as Collier has, but she's probably 3rd in terms of upside of their young frontcourt players. Although they would have to be pretty confident Kuier was planning on showing up consistently to pull something like this.

PostPosted: 04/16/21 12:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

okstateguy wrote:
Jefferson, Collier, and a 2022 1st rounder for someone like Fowles or another veteran post who can anchor a defense and take some pressure off the young talent while they develop.

DEAL! Let’s write this up!

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 04/16/21 12:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
okstateguy wrote:
Jefferson, Collier, and a 2022 1st rounder for someone like Fowles or another veteran post who can anchor a defense and take some pressure off the young talent while they develop.

HEEEEELLL no lol Fowles has no more than 3 years left, we better keep all 22 first rounders. Jefferson and Collier for Fowles , BUT NO to the 22 first rounder. #Coveted

PostPosted: 04/16/21 3:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Shades wrote:
okstateguy wrote:

HEEEEELLL no lol Fowles has no more than 3 years left, we better keep all 22 first rounders. Jefferson and Collier for Fowles , BUT NO to the 22 first rounder. #Coveted

Let’s give up the 22 2nd rounder instead and see who bites lol

PostPosted: 04/16/21 9:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

okstateguy wrote:

Jefferson, Collier, and a 2022 1st rder for someone like Fowles or another veteran post who can anchor a defense and take some pressure off the young talent while they develop.

As much potential as Collier has, but she's probably 3rd in terms of upside of their young frontcourt players. Although they would have to be pretty confident Kuier was planning on showing up consistently to pull something like this.

I'd bite to this

Jefferson, Collier, 2022 2nd & 3rd rounder.

I have a feeling a deal might happen somewhere. Johnson said she wanted a vet. Or has she changed her mind.

The youth need a leader.

PostPosted: 04/16/21 9:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The WNBA Has Pulled a Controversial Jersey Days After Unveil

About damn time. The new jersey better be fire because of this fiasco.

https://time.com/5954958/wnba-dallas-wings-nike-rebel-jersey-controversy/

PostPosted: 04/16/21 11:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Milks26 wrote:
The WNBA Has Pulled a Controversial Jersey Days After Unveil

About damn time. The new jersey better be fire because of this fiasco.

https://time.com/5954958/wnba-dallas-wings-nike-rebel-jersey-controversy/

Good ridance. That jersey was ugly as hell.

PostPosted: 04/17/21 8:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Milks26 wrote:
blaase22 wrote:

I wish Jefferson could be one of them. It erks me that she has a protected contract?? She modeled the new uniforms for the team but, is healthy from her latest injury?

Gustafson and Mabrey Yes, Mabrey did her thing last year - but was that a one hit wonder or what? (prefer Evans - true PG and Dungee over her).

I totally agree....those were my two cuts also!

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 04/17/21 8:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Milks26 wrote:
blaase22 wrote:

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 04/17/21 8:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Cooper2009 wrote:
Mabrey/Harris/Jefferson
Ogunbowale/Gray
Sabally/Thornton
Kuier/Alarie
Collier/Harrison

I want Jefferson gone.

Mabrey/Harris/Evans
Ogunbowale/Gray/Dungee
Sabally/Thornton
Kuier/Alarie
Collier/Harrison

It want bother me to see either of: Jefferson, Megan, Thornton or Izzy gone...nothing personal, but I just don't see all that much of what they bring to the table that's franchise changing!!! Also, I just don't see Mabry beating out D. Evans for that last spot...unless I'm missing something?

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 04/17/21 8:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Cooper2009 wrote:
Mabrey/Harris/Jefferson
Ogunbowale/Gray
Sabally/Thornton
Kuier/Alarie
Collier/Harrison

I want Jefferson gone.

Mabrey/Harris/Evans
Ogunbowale/Gray/Dungee
Sabally/Thornton
Kuier/Alarie
Collier/Harrison

It want bother me to see either of: Jefferson, Megan, Thornton or Izzy gone...nothing personal, but I just don't see all that much of what they bring to the table that's franchise changing!!! Also, I just don't see Mabry beating out D. Evans for that last spot...unless I'm missing something?

IM in OC

PostPosted: 04/17/21 8:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:
Milks26 wrote:
blaase22 wrote:

Maybrey has stayed hot through her league games in Israel. Averages 33mpg and 23ppg(2nd in Israel in ppg). I dont know how good the Israel league is, and the team she is on did not not play in any Euro League or Euro Cup tournaments.

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 04/17/21 8:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Shades wrote:
okstateguy wrote:

All I could do was smh when I read it too!!!

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 04/17/21 8:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Shades wrote:
okstateguy wrote:

All I could do was smh when I read it too!!!

Milks26

PostPosted: 04/17/21 10:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:

I'd only keep Thornton out of the bunch. Defense and she can shot the three and get to the rack.

IM in OC wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
Milks26 wrote:
blaase22 wrote:

Maybrey has stayed hot through her league games in Israel. Averages 33mpg and 23ppg(2nd in Israel in ppg). I dont know how good the Israel league is, and the team she is on did not not play in any Euro League or Euro Cup tournaments.

I like what Mabrey did last year, but, she's not a true PG for any long term means. If they get rid of Jefferson by all means Mabrey is a good SG. But, Jefferson....

PostPosted: 04/17/21 11:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Regarding Thornton: I think she had a place on this team until the end of last year when Gray IMO noticeably did everything on the court better than her. Unless Thornton upgraded her game somewhere this off season, I think she’s vulnerable. And if she does stay, I’m pretty certain that Gray will be the starting SF.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 04/17/21 11:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

They gave Thornton a guaranteed extension this offseason. That runs through 2023. It's decent enough value that I guess they might be able to trade it if they wanted to, but I'd be stunned if she was cut.

PostPosted: 04/17/21 3:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I love Thornton. Also A.Gray. And I don't think they bring the same things at all. They're both tough hard-nosed defenders but Thornton has enough size to guard bigger players and Alisha is a bit quicker for the smaller ones. With this lineup I think they may both play SF. I could see Sabally starting at PF just because of the lack of post depth. I don't know about Awak but Collier is only ready to start in the W in somebody's imagination. I think it would be disastrous not only for the team, but for her own confidence. Let her play some minutes against second stringers and maybe gain some of that confidence...if she can even perform against them.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 12 of 23

Jump to: