Board Junkies Forums

Los Angeles Sparks 2021
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jap

PostPosted: 03/05/21 12:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Spark4Life wrote:
jap wrote:
I expected the Warrior Princess to sign up, even if her sister didn't.

Wasn't that Tina's nickname?

I don't know nor even care. It seems some years ago another poster was claiming that nickname belonged to someone else. Nneka's every play intensity earned her that nickname for me. Brittney Sykes is another player who deserves such a nickname, although, the truth be told, I feel she plays with a bit too much intensity! Brittney throws her body around so recklessly she sometimes appears to be a breath away from a serious injury. I would prefer that she reel her enthusiasm in at times. You cannot help your team if you are stretched out on the training table.

One thing I especially love about this current Sparks team is that we have a lot of gritty, blue collar players and virtually no prima donnas now that Ace has left the squad.

PostPosted: 03/05/21 10:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jap-- Yes you and i seemed to be of the same opinion that Parker was a bigger liability than an asset. With the exception of last season of course, but that was not going to last. I suspect she knew already that she was not going to resign with the Sparks and was puttng in extra effert for this years contract. At first I thought it might have been because her daughter provided the inspiration, but playing for her last contract seems more logical now. Well she might put in a good effort her first year with Chicago.

PostPosted: 03/05/21 10:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

willtalk wrote:
Jap-- Yes you and i seemed to be of the same opinion that Parker was a bigger liability than an asset. With the exception of last season of course, but that was not going to last. I suspect she knew already that she was not going to resign with the Sparks and was puttng in extra effert for this years contract. At first I thought it might have been because her daughter provided the inspiration, but playing for her last contract seems more logical now. Well she might put in a good effort her first year with Chicago.

People are different. Some players may possess remarkable skills yet lack the gritty determination to grind things out play by play in a true championship effort. The top champions are not necessarily the most superbly skilled. Ace possessed more overall skill than Lisa Leslie, but history shows who was the better overall player, better leader over the course of a full season.

PostPosted: 03/05/21 11:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

willtalk wrote:

That's the thing about Parker. She's amazing when she wants to be. When she doesn't she gets benched. If only she had played every game and season like she was chasing a contract lol.

Spark4Life

PostPosted: 03/05/21 11:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jap wrote:
willtalk wrote:

People are different. Some players may possess remarkable skills yet lack the gritty determination to grind things out play by play in a true championship effort. The top champions are not necessarily the most superbly skilled. Ace possessed more overall skill than Lisa Leslie, but history shows who was the better overall player, better leader over the course of a full season.

Well put, JAP.

Shades

PostPosted: 03/12/21 10:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Chiney Ogwumike in a DoorDash commercial.
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/7ddbgo4ZTe0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Shades

PostPosted: 03/18/21 10:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Los Angeles Sparks: Marie Gülich – Waived

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 03/19/21 7:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Chiney "Finger Roll or Lobster Roll " Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 03/23/21 12:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://youtu.be/YWskUlqBwF4

New logo unveiled.[/img]

readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 03/23/21 12:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

johnjohnW wrote:

New logo unveiled.[/img]

I like it!

~rAf
hangtyme24

PostPosted: 03/23/21 12:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
johnjohnW wrote:

New logo unveiled.[/img]

I like it!

Its ok. Wished they would've kept the teal somewhere and maybe a different font. Not bad tho

PostPosted: 03/23/21 2:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Horrible font

Spark4Life

PostPosted: 03/29/21 2:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://sparks.wnba.com/news/la-sparks-announce-historic-partnership-with-molson-coors-beverage-company/

Another first for the leagues marquee franchise..
#WeAreLA

Queenie

PostPosted: 04/14/21 12:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sheesh, y'all might actually have more fun not going to the Staples Center for games this season. https://www.staplescenter.com/SAFE

"High"lights: tickets must be on your mobile device, NO BAGS, completely cashless.

(now with spelling variations)
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 04/14/21 1:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
Sheesh, y'all might actually have more fun not going to the Staples Center for games this season. https://www.staplescenter.com/SAFE

"High"lights: tickets must be on your mobile device, NO BAGS, completely cashless.

Quote:

A health verification is required for all ticketed guests. Guests are required to present a photo ID, and either proof of full vaccination (two weeks since your final dose) or a negative COVID-19 test within 72 hours of the event date. Remember, if you’re not feeling well, please stay home!

So you must have been tested within the last 72 hrs to attend the game ? What i was tested 4 days ago to attend a game , and then there's another game 3 days later on a back to back ? Am i not allowed to attend now til i take another test ?

PostPosted: 04/14/21 1:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Queenie wrote:

Quote:

A health verification is required for all ticketed guests. Guests are required to present a photo ID, and either proof of full vaccination (two weeks since your final dose) or a negative COVID-19 test within 72 hours of the event date. Remember, if you’re not feeling well, please stay home!

So you must have been tested within the last 72 hrs to attend the game ? What i was tested 4 days ago to attend a game , and then there's another game 3 days later on a back to back ? Am i not allowed to attend now til i take another test ?

It's either/or - if you haven't been fully vaccinated then yeah, you have to continually get tested. But if you have been vaccinated you just show proof.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 04/14/21 1:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Queenie wrote:

Quote:

It's either/or - if you haven't been fully vaccinated then yeah, you have to continually get tested. But if you have been vaccinated you just show proof.

Thanks Myrtle Smile

PostPosted: 04/14/21 2:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If you sew part of a gigantic bag to your clothing, does it become a pocket? Smile

PostPosted: 04/14/21 3:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
If you sew part of a gigantic bag to your clothing, does it become a pocket? Smile

absolutely. That's like what dog owners in NYC did when the subway required dogs to be in bags. Some of those bags are hilarious. You just have to be creative.

Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 04/14/21 4:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
The Los Angeles Sparks have acquired the 2021 No. 7 draft pick and a 2022 second round pick from Dallas (Chicago) in exchange for the Sparks 2022 first round pick.

Interesting... Razz

Stormeo

PostPosted: 04/14/21 5:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Admiral_Needa wrote:
Quote:
The Los Angeles Sparks have acquired the 2021 No. 7 draft pick and a 2022 second round pick from Dallas (Chicago) in exchange for the Sparks 2022 first round pick.

Interesting... Razz

What is LA thinking here? Essentially moving down in a deep 2022 Draft just to get another 2021 1RP? They now have the #7 and #10 in this Draft, along with three other lesser picks. They also have a decent-sized amount of players currently on the roster. Another move has to be coming here. Maybe they're about to use the #7 and #10 to trade up.

Milks26

PostPosted: 04/14/21 5:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
Admiral_Needa wrote:
Quote:

Interesting... Razz

What is LA thinking here? Essentially moving down in a deep 2022 Draft just to get another 2021 1RP? They now have the #7 and #10 in this Draft, along with three other lesser picks. They also have a decent-sized amount of players currently on the roster. Another move has to be coming here. Maybe they're about to use the #7 and #10 to trade up.

I don't know man. Johnson said she wanted a vet. I don't know if that plan is still on the table or they're sticking to the young. But, the woman described a 'vet' that sounded just like a player on the Sparks.

Last edited by Milks26 on 04/14/21 5:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
J-Spoon

PostPosted: 04/14/21 5:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
Admiral_Needa wrote:
Quote:

Interesting... Razz

agree who is LA targeting with #7 who is not going to be there at 10?

and who are these 1st round picks knocking off the current roster?

Wheeler/Cooper
Toliver/Augustus
Sykes/Weiss/TRP/Holmes
N. Ogwumike/Zahui B/Coffey
C. Ogwumike/Anigwe/(Vadeeva)

that is 14, even if you knock of Coffey and Vadeeva doesn't show that is still 12

Stormeo

PostPosted: 04/14/21 5:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Milks26 wrote:
Stormeo wrote:
Admiral_Needa wrote:
Quote:

Interesting... Razz

I don't know man. Johnson said she wanted a vet. I don't know if that plan is still on the table or they're sticking to the young. But, the woman described a 'vet' that sounded just like a player on the Sparks.

But Johnson isn't getting a vet in this trade. Just a switching around of picks. Neutral

If LA keeps these 1RPs, maybe this seals the deal for them to use one on a deferral pick, like Shyla Heal. Or, if they don't trade up the Draft Board, maybe they trade their #10 to Washington or something...

Milks26

PostPosted: 04/14/21 5:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
Milks26 wrote:
Stormeo wrote:
Admiral_Needa wrote:
Quote:

Interesting... Razz

But Johnson isn't getting a vet in this trade. Just a switching around of picks. Neutral

If LA keeps these 1RPs, maybe this seals the deal for them to use one on a deferral pick, like Shyla Heal. Or, if they don't trade up the Draft Board, maybe they trade their #10 to Washington or something...

I know she's not getting a trade here. That something else may come out of the Wings camp if they're still trying to land a vet.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 8 of 13

Jump to: