RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Minnesota Lynx 2021
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 04/09/21 12:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://www.kold.com/2021/04/08/mandate-or-not-mandate-greater-access-covid-vaccine-raises-ethical-questions-sports-world/

Quote:
Among those hesitant to be vaccinated is Minnesota Lynx center Sylvia Fowles, as she worries about the potential long-term effects the vaccine may have on her ability to bear children in the future.

“It’s kind of a sticky situation with me because I’m still unsure about the vaccine for myself for personal reasons,” Fowles said. “(I’m) just trying to weigh out my options at this point.”
But Fowles still believes that educating people about the vaccine, whether they play in the WNBA or not, is important despite not committing herself to receiving a shot.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
johnjohnW

PostPosted: 04/09/21 1:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
https://www.kold.com/2021/04/08/mandate-or-not-mandate-greater-access-covid-vaccine-raises-ethical-questions-sports-world/

Quote:
Among those hesitant to be vaccinated is Minnesota Lynx center Sylvia Fowles, as she worries about the potential long-term effects the vaccine may have on her ability to bear children in the future.

“It’s kind of a sticky situation with me because I’m still unsure about the vaccine for myself for personal reasons,” Fowles said. “(I’m) just trying to weigh out my options at this point.”
But Fowles still believes that educating people about the vaccine, whether they play in the WNBA or not, is important despite not committing herself to receiving a shot.

As someone who caught Covid weeks before I was eligible for the vaccine, I just don't understand this position. I'm still having lingering effects. I smell smoke all the time and have consistent headaches. Is there any evidence the vaccine complicates reproductivity?

pilight

PostPosted: 04/09/21 1:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

johnjohnW wrote:
Is there any evidence the vaccine complicates reproductivity?

None whatsoever

PostPosted: 04/09/21 3:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
johnjohnW wrote:

None whatsoever

pfizer is actually in the middle of a study on this: https://www.pfizer.com/science/coronavirus/vaccine/additional-population-studies
I can understand the desire to wait to see what happens in the studies if you desire to have children.

NYSports56

PostPosted: 04/09/21 5:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
pilight wrote:
johnjohnW wrote:

None whatsoever

pfizer is actually in the middle of a study on this: https://www.pfizer.com/science/coronavirus/vaccine/additional-population-studies
I can understand the desire to wait to see what happens in the studies if you desire to have children.

Clicking on the link, it appears as if they're only studying the vaccine's effect on pregnant women. They're also doing a study on the effects upon children. Nothing about future reproductivity as far as I can see, though. That's something that would be really hard to measure at this point, I think.

hangtyme24

PostPosted: 04/10/21 7:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I got a notification from ESPN on my phone that A-ROD is buying the Timberwolves. Wonder if the Lynx are included in the deal.

PostPosted: 04/10/21 8:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hangtyme24 wrote:
I got a notification from ESPN on my phone that A-ROD is buying the Timberwolves. Wonder if the Lynx are included in the deal.

Supposedly the Lynx are included.

Most importantly, there’s this info.

Quote:
Taylor said A-Rod and Lore pledged to keep the teams in Minnesota and they will include language in the potential deal to that effect.

They better.

Queenie

PostPosted: 04/10/21 8:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Okay, do we have a pool on when A-Rod does or says something worthy of getting throat-punched, and a pool on who does it? Because I'm a Mets fan and we dodged this bullet, so your best-case scenario is benign neglect, because there is no good scenario for him to be a hands-on owner.

PostPosted: 04/10/21 8:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It was nice knowing the WNBA

blaase22

PostPosted: 04/10/21 9:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Maybe Taylor can keep the Lynx, it’s his only non embarassing team afterall.

myrtle

PostPosted: 04/10/21 9:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Taylor is close to 80. Why wouldn't he want to retire retire.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 04/11/21 10:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thanks for everything Glenn!!

PostPosted: 04/11/21 10:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
johnjohnW wrote:

None whatsoever

You can not have evidence until you run a tests on test subjects and these vacines have not really been tested on people. At least not to the degree that they usually do before releasing it to the public. The people taking the vacine are the test cases. The effects that they are concerned about are those that have appeared in similar types of vacines. They did a lot of testing on the Saars vacine and they ran into the problems that some doctors are cautioning people about this vacine.

PostPosted: 04/11/21 11:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

willtalk wrote:
pilight wrote:
johnjohnW wrote:

None whatsoever

You can not have evidence until you run a tests on test subjects and these vacines have not really been tested on people. At least not to the degree that they usually do before releasing it to the public. The people taking the vacine are the test cases. The effects that they are concerned about are those that have appeared in similar types of vacines. They did a lot of testing on the Saars vacine and they ran into the problems that some doctors are cautioning people about this vacine.

Deleted.

Not the appropriate place to have this discussion.

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 04/12/21 9:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I am surprised that no one on the board is discussing the potential purchase of the Lynx and Timberwolves by Alex Rodriguez.

Last edited by Rock Hard on 04/13/21 4:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
pilight

PostPosted: 04/12/21 9:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
I surprised that no one on the board is discussing the potential purchase of the Lynx and Timberwolves by Alex Rodriguez.

It's bad news for the Lynx

PostPosted: 04/13/21 1:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:
I surprised that no one on the board is discussing the potential purchase of the Lynx and Timberwolves by Alex Rodriguez.

It's bad news for the Lynx

The team won’t change hands until 2023, so there’s plenty of time to wait until we have to worry about that. Towns sounded excited about having a new owner.

Last edited by Shades on 04/15/21 12:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 04/15/21 11:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
I am surprised that no one on the board is discussing the potential purchase of the Lynx and Timberwolves by Alex Rodriguez.

And I am surprised that the Lynx's Captain Walker's draft page has a video highlight reel of Kiana Williams.. Razz

https://lynx.wnba.com/news/2021-draft-profile-jasmine-walker

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 04/15/21 1:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Admiral_Needa wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:

And I am surprised that the Lynx's Captain Walker's draft page has a video highlight reel of Kiana Williams.. Razz

https://lynx.wnba.com/news/2021-draft-profile-jasmine-walker

I was totally confused like wait is this Walker or Williams....Its the WNBA ohh okay ! Cool

PostPosted: 04/15/21 1:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
Okay, do we have a pool on when A-Rod does or says something worthy of getting throat-punched, and a pool on who does it? Because I'm a Mets fan and we dodged this bullet, so your best-case scenario is benign neglect, because there is no good scenario for him to be a hands-on owner.

I hate this guy. He's a lying sleaze bucket and I can't believe he bought the Wolves and the Lynx.

Sigh. Maybe I am going to have to switch to being a Storm fan first. It could be worse. I love Seattle.

Crap. Well at least I won't be giving him any cash since I moved to Wisconsin, lol.

PostPosted: 04/15/21 2:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

MuneravenMN wrote:
Queenie wrote:

I hate this guy. He's a lying sleaze bucket and I can't believe he bought the Wolves and the Lynx.

Sigh. Maybe I am going to have to switch to being a Storm fan first. It could be worse. I love Seattle.

Crap. Well at least I won't be giving him any cash since I moved to Wisconsin, lol.

He won't be as nice to the lynx if he reads this board Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 04/17/21 9:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

April 16, 2021
Minnesota Lynx: Asheika Alexander – Sign Training Camp Contract

She comes from Langston University, an NAIA school.
Langston is coached by Elaine Powell, who Reeve has ties with in the early days of the Detroit Shock. Favors happening.

adamj95

PostPosted: 04/17/21 10:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://lynx.wnba.com/news/lynx-complete-2021-training-camp-roster/

Quote:
In an additional move, the Lynx waived guard Lexie Brown

PostPosted: 04/17/21 10:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://lynx.wnba.com/news/lynx-complete-2021-training-camp-roster/

Quote:
Minnesota Lynx Head Coach and General Manager Cheryl Reeve today finalized the team’s 2021 training camp roster by signing rookie guards Japreece Dean and Selena Lott, rookie center Mikayla Vaughn and rookie forward Alex Wittinger to training camp contracts. Per team policy, terms of the deals were not disclosed. In an additional move, the Lynx waived guard Lexie Brown.

Milks26

PostPosted: 04/17/21 10:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

adamj95 wrote:

Quote:
In an additional move, the Lynx waived guard Lexie Brown

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 6 of 12

Jump to: