Board Junkies Forums

Dallas Wings 2021
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 21, 22, 23  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Richyyy

PostPosted: 04/11/21 1:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
How do we feel #WFFL’ers about a draft day or post draft trade of #1 & 2 for Jonquel Jones if not BG?

Question: How come it seems at least to me like people think Jonquel Jones may be on the trading block? Griner (2020 tumult, TX hometown) and McCowan (seemingly doesn't fit Stanley's system, TX hometown) seemed like more "realistic" possibilities. (Not that anyone's thinking any of these trades'll actually happen at this point...)

Personally, I've seen it mentioned nowhere outside of a couple of posts on here. And I think that unless she's asked out of Connecticut, the Sun hang up the phone on that offer.

PostPosted: 04/11/21 1:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't think #1 plus #2 this year does not equal BG, McC, or JJ. It might equal T Mitch + JLav. We're talking ouch here.

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 04/11/21 2:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
How do we feel #WFFL’ers about a draft day or post draft trade of #1 & 2 for Jonquel Jones if not BG ALONG with a 22 first rounder? The ladder does not agree with me wbu?

Bella + Meagan + 7 & 13 > J. Jones and we can do it!

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 04/11/21 2:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Even though J.Jones is an idea I have pitched the idea also had Conn doing a soft tank as part of the theory. I do not believe that Conn wants to tank so the trade is hard. The other origin of putting J. Jones in the trade had slightly to do with Conn doing OK without her and needing to trade an expensive contract to get to 12 players including A. Thomas instead of 11 as it seems likely they will have to do. It was also trying to find a player worth doing a two for one or even a three one for trade as the point is consolidating assets to get better talent. I never actually suggested there was any reason for Conn to do it outside of that, it never really had anything to do with J. Jones wanting out or Conn wanting to move on from Jones.

The other stumbling block with the multi asset trade is what has already been pointed out this draft even the #1 and #2 picks aren't so valuable that it is going to get you an all-star level player.

And IMO if Dallas isn't willing to include Sabally I don't see anyone biting.

When the whole BG maybe being available conversation started My original idea was Sabally and a lottery pick for BG, lets say Sabally and pick #2 for BG. I could definitely make an argument for why both teams would be willing to do that but I doubt Dallas fans would support that idea. (it basically comes down to how high you think Sabally's potential is and what you think Griner has left for the rest of her career. The other way to look it is does Dallas have more potential building a team around Ogunbowale and Sabally, or Ogunbowale and Griner?)

I agree it would be harder to get a top level post even for pick 1 and 2 or pick 1 and take your pick Thorton, Alarie, Harrison etc. The other problem is PX and Conn can only really fit two incoming assets on their roster because they have their own Capp issues.

I could see Indy consider #1 (Collier or Kuier) and Alarie for McCowan (maybe?) if they want a different type of center and McCowan hasn't completely cemented herself as a sure thing yet.

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 04/11/21 3:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

following up on McCowan idea

#1 and Alarie for McCowan

1. Indy Collier 2. Dallas Kuier 3. Atl Davis 4. Indy Guirantes 5. Dallas Mack 6. NY Walker 7. Dallas Dungee

Dallas
Harris/Jefferson
Ogunbowale/Dungee/Mabrey
Gray/Thorton
Sabally/Harrison/Mack
McCowan/Kuier

Indy
D-Rob/Allen
L. Mitchell/Guirantes/T. Mitchell
Vivians/Burke
Breland/Cox/Alarie
Lavender/Collier

IDK I think it is better for both teams but it is risky for Indy. IMO Cox, Collier and Alarie will pay off in a year or two and create a much more diverse/modern wNBA look on the offensive end for the Fever but if it doesn't and McCowan and Dallas go off I could see it going down as a terrible trade. (Maybe get Dallas to throw in 13 as well, 13 probably won't make Dallas' final roster but could give L. Allen or K. Burke some competition for the last spot in Indy).

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 04/11/21 3:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Also

I think Dallas will be just fine if they go with their 3 picks 1 Kuier, 2 Collier, and 5 Dungee or McDonald joining the roster and calling it a day.

I still could see Washington trading its first round pick in 22 for pick 5 or 7 in an attempt to fill out its roster now that Clark is injured. I could also see Conn trade its 2nd round pick in 22 for pick 13 as it looks like (with all the 2nd roundish players pulling out of the draft and returning to school) picks 20 and 21 aren't going to be roster making level talent this year. These seem like much more realistic ways to solve the asset problem and strengthen your pool of assets in 22.

TotalCardinalMove

PostPosted: 04/11/21 4:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Why would Phoenix, Connecticut, or even Indiana want the two top picks in a draft like this? Unless the mentioned players are forcing their ways out, how does it make sense?

mavcarter
#NATC

PostPosted: 04/11/21 4:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

TotalCardinalMove wrote:
Why would Phoenix, Connecticut, or even Indiana want the two top picks in a draft like this? Unless the mentioned players are forcing their ways out, how does it make sense?

I guess that’s the only way it does make sense.

PostPosted: 04/11/21 4:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

TotalCardinalMove wrote:

Because this board is obsessed with proposing lopsided trades fantasies. Where is Toad?

Richyyy

PostPosted: 04/11/21 4:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

McCowan is at least more plausible. Griner and JJones are superstars; McCowan's only really been a wildly inconsistent pile of hopes and dreams so far.

PostPosted: 04/11/21 6:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

johnjohnW wrote:
Where is Toad?

He entered the transfer portal.

PostPosted: 04/11/21 7:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
johnjohnW wrote:
Where is Toad?

Laughing Laughing Laughing If toad entered the transfer portal, I guess that means I’m firmly competing for two different schools. Wink

Milks26

PostPosted: 04/11/21 7:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't see Conn trading J.Jones. But, I'd take her. Griner in Dallas - hell nawh!!!

Coach Johnson said she wanted a vet to led the younger ones. Don't know if she and Bibb can pull a trade off or the idea has been nixed all together.

Will find out in a few days.

PostPosted: 04/11/21 8:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
McCowan is at least more plausible. Griner and JJones are superstars; McCowan's only really been a wildly inconsistent pile of hopes and dreams so far.

I thought it was just me...either I'm missing something but I just don't get the love affair with McCowan, she's useless more than 15ft away from the basket, slow to get up and down the court, and consistently stays in foul trouble, but so many people seem to want her in a Dallas uniform!

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 04/11/21 10:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I am not a big McCowan fan myself, she just fits the equation

Dallas has too many assets, Dallas needs a big post, what big post could Dallas get for the assets it is willing to give up?

IMO the list is short once you get past Griner, J. Jones as it seem Dallas doesn't have the pieces to get them, you have like McCowan, Fowles and maybe Dolson, Stokes or Russell depending on whether Dallas actually would want them and what Dallas would be willing to pay

Would Minny trade Fowles for the #1 pick and let's stick with Alarie (but Minny fans could swap in one of Thorton, Gustafson or pick 5 instead of Alarie if they prefer). IDK

my point is there aren't a lot of options left that fit the equation, McCowan might be questionable but still has some potential and fits with the Ogunbowale, Sabally timeline and Indy might consider a trade based on what Dallas might be willing to offer.

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 04/11/21 10:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
johnjohnW wrote:
Where is Toad?

Now this joke is better than the weak April Fool's joke that was posted earlier this month.

PostPosted: 04/11/21 10:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:

Dallas has too many assets, Dallas needs a big post, what big post could Dallas get for the assets it is willing to give up?

IMO the list is short once you get past Griner, J. Jones as it seem Dallas doesn't have the pieces to get them, you have like McCowan, Fowles and maybe Dolson, Stokes or Russell depending on whether Dallas actually would want them and what Dallas would be willing to pay

Would Minny trade Fowles for the #1 pick and let's stick with Alarie (but Minny fans could swap in one of Thorton, Gustafson or pick 5 instead of Alarie if they prefer). IDK

my point is there aren't a lot of options left that fit the equation, McCowan might be questionable but still has some potential and fits with the Ogunbowale, Sabally timeline and Indy might consider a trade based on what Dallas might be willing to offer.

I actually think it would be really smart of Minny to fleece Dallas for Fowles.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 04/11/21 11:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

johnjohnW wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:

I actually think it would be really smart of Minny to fleece Dallas for Fowles.

Is that 'fleecing' though? #1 in a crapshoot draft and a player who couldn't get minutes this offseason ahead of a pair of Samuelsons and Emese Hof? I think the Lynx only do that deal and move on from Fowles if they absolutely love someone in this draft (like think Kuier's a superstar, or Collier's three years and good coaching away from being the next Fowles, or whatever). Even then they probably only do it if Fowles is happy about the idea.

PostPosted: 04/12/21 7:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
a pair of Samuelsons

Sounds like comfortable shoes.

PostPosted: 04/12/21 9:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

johnjohnW wrote:
TotalCardinalMove wrote:

Because this board is obsessed with proposing lopsided trades fantasies.

X_________________

PostPosted: 04/12/21 11:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I kind of like the idea of dealing Fowles now instead of having her possibly retire later and having no to reduced value. The Lynx probably can afford to pay Fowles in 2022, but since Reeve already committed to three new players through 2023, tough choices would come up in 2023 like they have for other teams more recently. Collier & Dantas need new contracts in 2023.
If Maya decides to come back in 2022, that adds further complications even earlier than 2023. Because of these new guaranteed contracts, they can’t afford both Maya and Fowles. Reeve and tough choices haven’t really mixed well in free agency. Howard (self-explanatory), Christmas (paid for at least 102 games service, got 8), and now paying nearly MVP price for an uncored unrestricted free agent Powers (Sims + Fagbenle + first round pick in 2022). We’ll see how that last one works out.
So if Dallas made a deal that was respectful for a league and Finals MVP in 2017 (Griner and JJones have never been MVP’s), I would strongly consider trading for some quality youth. I doubt Reeve would do it even if tempted. There seems to be an attachment to Fowles there that obviously ran deeper than to Sims and even to Augustus.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Rock Hard

PostPosted: 04/12/21 11:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
johnjohnW wrote:
TotalCardinalMove wrote:

Because this board is obsessed with proposing lopsided trades fantasies.

X_________________

That has been the Standard Operating Procedure since I joined this board a long time ago.😁

PostPosted: 04/14/21 10:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Winsidr Show - Greg Bibb Wings GM

https://share.transistor.fm/s/9476d715

PostPosted: 04/14/21 4:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
The Los Angeles Sparks have acquired the 2021 No. 7 draft pick and a 2022 second round pick from Dallas (Chicago) in exchange for the Sparks 2022 first round pick.

https://twitter.com/RachGall/status/1382452384702418948

Not bad... Twisted Evil

Stormeo

PostPosted: 04/14/21 5:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Admiral_Needa wrote:
Quote:
The Los Angeles Sparks have acquired the 2021 No. 7 draft pick and a 2022 second round pick from Dallas (Chicago) in exchange for the Sparks 2022 first round pick.

https://twitter.com/RachGall/status/1382452384702418948

Not bad... Twisted Evil

Shocked Wow... LA, what's up with you? What's going on here? Razz Fabulous trade for Dallas.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 10 of 23

Jump to: