2021 Rebkell Fantasy WNBA Draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stormeo

PostPosted: 04/11/21 10:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
Stormeo wrote:

Nice. Going Spanish instead of French, I see... Smile

Not exclusively, just diversifying my risk.

With the 29th pick, New York selects high-flying, athletic Kendra Chery of France.

Oooooooh. Very Happy The twists! The curveballs! The drama!!!

I saw Chéry described as a defense-oriented SF, so yep, she's absolutely someone I can see the Liberty taking in real life...

Milks26 & the Sun are on the clock for the final time today!

bbsamjj

PostPosted: 04/11/21 10:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo I very much hope you (and others) give a "post draft" analysis when this is all said and done.

Stormeo

PostPosted: 04/11/21 10:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bbsamjj wrote:
Stormeo I very much hope you (and others) give a "post draft" analysis when this is all said and done.

Funny you should mention that! Until this morning when I went over last year's Fantasy Draft again, I completely forgot that I gave everyone full-on grades, even though I wasn't a participant in it. (Lmao I realize now that I probably overstepped some boundaries... I see that I harshly gave myrtle an F for her one Vegas pick, when their pick irl was even worse – yikes @ me!) I can't speak for others, but yes, I at least will be grading everyone whenever all is said & done. Mr. Green Which I hope we can wrap things up by the end of today, seeing as I don't think everyone is as available tomorrow as they are today (particularly Admiral with the last pick of the Draft)... I may have to speed things up as I see fit, sorry in advance!

root_thing

PostPosted: 04/11/21 10:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

And you can bet there will be a rebuttal from those of us who made the picks. Razz

PostPosted: 04/11/21 11:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Also congrats on most likely getting this draft over before the actual one! I know that was a concern for you Laughing

Thanks again for taking this over from me while I took my break! You have done a fantastic job!

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 04/11/21 11:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
bbsamjj wrote:

Funny you should mention that! Until this morning when I went over last year's Fantasy Draft again, I completely forgot that I gave everyone full-on grades, even though I wasn't a participant in it. (Lmao I realize now that I probably overstepped some boundaries... I see that I harshly gave myrtle an F for her one Vegas pick, when their pick irl was even worse – yikes @ me!) I can't speak for others, but yes, I at least will be grading everyone whenever all is said & done. Mr. Green Which I hope we can wrap things up by the end of today, seeing as I don't think everyone is as available tomorrow as they are today (particularly Admiral with the last pick of the Draft)... I may have to speed things up as I see fit, sorry in advance!

Last year's fantasy draft was identical to the actual draft only with the top four draft picks. The actual draft took a strange turn after that. I liked our fantasy draft picks more than the actual draft.👍

PostPosted: 04/11/21 11:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:
Also congrats on most likely getting this draft over before the actual one! I know that was a concern for you Laughing

Thanks again for taking this over from me while I took my break! You have done a fantastic job!

Great job! 👍💜

PostPosted: 04/11/21 12:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
Last year's fantasy draft was identical to the actual draft only with the top four draft picks. The actual draft took a strange turn after that. I liked our fantasy draft picks more than the actual draft.👍

+1. How could any of us have known how funky the real Draft last year was gonna get? Though I guess that was a harbinger for the, uhh, uniqueness that was to follow with the actual 2020 season. 😅

lynxmania wrote:

Thank you!! I'm still sorta surprised we've made it this far, considering how short-notice it all was this year (aka how impulsive I was with deciding to do it, I literally woke up that morning and was like "Sure I can do this!" Laughing ). Man, I do not envy you when it comes to how time-intensive it can be, both prepping in advance and then moderating it. Being on-call for 5-6 days straight ain't easy, but it's still worth it! Cool I know it'll go back to being a smoothly-run event under your leadership next year! Twisted Evil

myrtle

PostPosted: 04/11/21 12:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
. I see that I harshly gave myrtle an F for her one Vegas pick, when their pick irl was even worse – yikes @ me!)

Laughing Laughing especially since it was #33! A pick that wasn't going to show up was maybe the best pick! A+ Laughing Laughing

Stormeo

PostPosted: 04/11/21 1:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Stormeo wrote:
. I see that I harshly gave myrtle an F for her one Vegas pick, when their pick irl was even worse – yikes @ me!)

Laughing Laughing especially since it was #33! A pick that wasn't going to show up was maybe the best pick! A+ Laughing Laughing

Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed It all ended up being the same anyway, I guess! Laughing

Anyway, back to the present: I'm not gonna wait a whole lot longer before making a pick for Milks26 & the Sun, maybe another hour or so. Again, I think everyone would like to finish up by today, and a couple of picks beyond this next one are essentially already in.

Stormeo

PostPosted: 04/11/21 2:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Okay. So in the interest of time, I have made an executive decision: Connecticut will be choosing Blanca Millan out of Maine (and Spain) with the #30 overall pick. Having played at Maine, she’s somewhat local for the Sun, and she gives the Sun another two-way perimeter option with pretty good shooting & good size at 6’1. She may also become a deferral pick if she opts to go back to Spain for the summer – and the Sun hadn’t made an international deferral pick up until this point.

For Pick #31, the Indiana Fever have selected Maxuella Lisowa Mbaka out of Belgium.

For the first time in this Draft, johnjohnW & the Mercury are on the clock!

Last edited by Stormeo on 04/11/21 2:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Stormeo

PostPosted: 04/11/21 2:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UPDATE: With the #32 Pick, the Phoenix Mercury have selected Shyla Heal out of Australia!

I was wondering when someone was gonna take her. Razz

Last edited by Stormeo on 04/11/21 2:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Stormeo

PostPosted: 04/11/21 2:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Almost there, y’all!!

With the #33 Pick, the Indiana Fever have selected Tiana Mangakahia out of Syracuse (and Australia)!

With the #34 Pick, the LA Sparks have selected Destinee Walker out of Notre Dame!

With the #35 Pick, the Seattle Storm have selected Tyra Whitehead out of San José State!

That leaves one final pick to be made, by Admiral_Needa and the Aces!

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 04/11/21 5:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
UPDATE: With the #32 Pick, the Phoenix Mercury have selected Shyla Heal out of Australia!

We got a bargain with that one.

PostPosted: 04/11/21 7:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
Stormeo wrote:

Her falling this far was a shocker! I’m super interested to see now if she ends up slipping irl, or if she gets taken in the 1st Round like I still think she will (sometime after the 8th Pick).

Oh, 🎵Admiralllllll – if the last pick isn’t in before the end of the night, I will be picking 🎵forrrr youuuuu Very Happy So close!

myrtle

PostPosted: 04/11/21 7:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
Luuuc wrote:
Stormeo wrote:

Her falling this far was a shocker! I’m super interested to see now if she ends up slipping irl, or if she gets taken in the 1st Round like I still think she will (sometime after the 8th Pick).

I watched some of her highlights, and while I understand she's still a teenie bopper, it didn't look like she would have the speed for the W. I think you also have to hope she won't want to come over for a few years and get more time to develop. I'm no expert of course.

Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 04/11/21 9:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

With the 36th Pick, Admiral and the Las Vegas Aces Select... Marine Fauthoux CoolMr. Green

What's better than a French lottery ticket? Question Two French lottery tickets! Marine is only 20 and also will likely remain in France because of national team commitments. As I mentioned previously with her teammate, Iliana Rupert, drafting Fauthoux will bank talent for the future. In addition, drafting 2 French National Team players could indirectly increase the future chance of France giving the OK for their players to simultaneously play in the W. Idea

There were several late round players that interested me, but they did not fall to my pick (4 picks away from being Heal'd Exclamation). However, I believe many picks will become available again as free agents once roster cut-downs occur, allowing The Aces to add them to their roster for free. Moreover, there will likely be interesting veterans coming in on the wire, as well as 2020 draft picks that were previously waived which I would like to get a 2nd look at after another year of development. By going For Fauthoux, Las Vegas gets 2 chances for waiver-wire gold. Meanwhile, Marine has been working under former Spur PG Tony Parker, and she has had good reviews regarding her talent and BB-IQ. So the potential is there even if the numbers have yet to show any breakout at this time.

With that, you can probably guess which team is my pick is to win it all this year... Twisted Evil Razz Vive La France! Viva Las Vegas! ExclamationLaughing

<iframe width="320" height="240" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/75xK5CD8N1M?start=150" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe><iframe width="320" height="240" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ui0EgRsFVN8?start=126" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
      Hope to see you next year Marine! Impossible n’est pas français! Smile

lynxmania

PostPosted: 04/11/21 9:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RESULTS BY TEAM
Dallas
Awak Kuier
Charli Collier
Chelsea Dungee
Aari McDonald
Chelsea Perry

Atlanta
Rennia Davis
Aaliyah Wilson
Janelle Bailey

Indiana
Arella Guirantes
DiDi Richards
Micaela Kelly
N'dea Jones
Maxuella Lisowa Mbaka
Tiana Mangakahia

New York
Natasha Mack
Kysre Gondrezick
Raquel Carrera
Kendra Chéry

Chicago
Kianna Williams
Unique Thompson

Minnesota
Dana Evans

Los Angeles
Michaela Onyenwere
Selena Lott
Ciera Johnson
Destinee Walker

Seattle
DiJonani Carrington
Aleah Goodman
Laura Meldere
Tyra Whitehead

Las Vegas
Jasmine Walker
Iliana Rupert
Marine Fauthoux

Connecticut
Stephanie Watts
Destiny Slocum
Jenn Wirth

Phoenix
Shyla Heal

okstateguy

PostPosted: 04/11/21 10:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

For the talent in this draft, I'd say overall we did a pretty good job. I'm very intrigued to see how the team's handle the real draft

PostPosted: 04/12/21 12:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ANNOUNCEMENT: I have received some extra info (and a kind-hearted apology!) and, with the Draft now having played itself out as it has, I am effectively changing Connecticut's #30 draft pick from Blanca Millan to Jenn Wirth. It has been conveyed to me that Wirth was the Sun GM's original intended pick; and since no one subsequently picked Wirth, and no one had her as their remaining best option, I am making the revision on the Draft Board – Milks26 has only been a member of Reb's for merely a few weeks, after all. Smile

With Blanca Millan becoming available again, if anyone who picked later than 30th really wants to change their draft pick to her, you are free to let me know.

Now then! I do trust that this will not become an issue, seeing that this is only a fantasy draft. If you would like to make it an issue: Schoolyard behind the gym. 3:30. You. Me. And we'll let our fists do the talkin'. 😈

Ok, that is all. Thank you all for participating, and I offer you a formal welcome to the conclusion of this fantasy draft! Very Happy

root_thing

PostPosted: 04/12/21 7:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thanks for your hard work and cheerful leadership. Great job, Stormeo!

PostPosted: 04/12/21 8:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
Thanks for your hard work and cheerful leadership. Great job, Stormeo!

Thanks! And thanks for participating! Shoot, I'm just glad we actually finished multiple days before the Real Deal, and everyone largely got to make their own picks.

Stormeo

PostPosted: 04/12/21 9:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

2021 REBKELL MOCK WNBA DRAFT RESULTS

Round 1

1. Dallas: Awak Kuier, Finland
2. Dallas: Charli Collier, Texas
3. Atlanta: Rennia Davis, Tennessee
4. Indiana: Arella Guirantes, Rutgers
5. Dallas: Chelsea Dungee, Arkansas
6. New York: Natasha Mack, Oklahoma State
7. Dallas: Aari McDonald, Arizona
8. Chicago: Kiana Williams, Stanford
9. Minnesota: Dana Evans, Louisville
10. Los Angeles: Michaela Onyenwere, UCLA
11. Seattle: DiJonai Carrington, Baylor
12. Las Vegas: Jasmine Walker, Alabama

Second Round

13. Dallas: Chelsey Perry, Tennessee-Martin
14. Las Vegas: Iliana Rupert, France
15. Atlanta: Aaliyah Wilson, Texas A&M
16. Chicago: Unique Thompson, Auburn
17. New York: Kysre Gondrezick, West Virginia
18. Seattle: Aleah Goodman, Oregon State
19. Indiana: DiDi Richards, Baylor
20. Connecticut: Stephanie Watts, North Carolina
21. Connecticut: Destiny Slocum, Arkansas
22. Los Angeles: Selena Lott, Marquette
23. Seattle: Laura Meldere, Latvia
24. Indiana: Micaela Kelly, Central Michigan

Third Round

25. New York: Raquel Carrera, Spain
26. Indiana: N'dea Jones, Texas A&M
27. Atlanta: Janelle Bailey, North Carolina
28. Los Angeles: Ciera Johnson, Texas A&M
29. New York: Kendra Chéry, France
30. Connecticut: Jenn Wirth, Gonzaga
31. Indiana: Maxuella Lisowa Mbaka, Belgium
32. Phoenix: Shyla Heal, Australia
33. Indiana: Tiana Mangakahia, Syracuse
34. Los Angeles: Destinee Walker, Notre Dame
35. Seattle: Tyra Whitehead, San José State
36. Las Vegas: Marine Fauthoux, France

bbsamjj

PostPosted: 04/12/21 10:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thanks Stormeo for running a great draft!

Looking forward to everyone's "hot takes"

Stormeo

PostPosted: 04/12/21 11:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bbsamjj wrote:
Thanks Stormeo for running a great draft!

Looking forward to everyone's "hot takes"

Thanks for participating! Not an easy feat drafting for Indiana this year, but you took it all in stride. Very Happy

And yes, I'm preparing an analysis as we speak. Twisted Evil

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: