RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Transfers/Injuries/Sit-Outs 2020-21
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Howee

PostPosted: 04/07/21 5:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PickledGinger wrote:
Taylor Chavez and Jaz Shelley both leaving Oregon. I guess they realized they were never going to be starters in Eugene.

Shocked Shocked Shocked

PostPosted: 04/07/21 5:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PickledGinger wrote:
Taylor Chavez and Jaz Shelley both leaving Oregon. I guess they realized they were never going to be starters in Eugene.

Wow---I know their rotation was shifting all year due to injuries and such, but each of these guards did start 10ish games or so this season! This is more a reflection on me than anything else, but whenever I watched Oregon this year in the beginning/middle of the season, it seemed like they played so many different shooting guards that I couldn't keep them all straight. Like, a lot of guards with the same skillset that didn't have clearly differentiated roles as far as I could tell.

Howee

PostPosted: 04/07/21 6:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

undersized_post wrote:
PickledGinger wrote:

Wow---I know their rotation was shifting all year due to injuries and such, but each of these guards did start 10ish games or so this season! This is more a reflection on me than anything else, but whenever I watched Oregon this year in the beginning/middle of the season, it seemed like they played so many different shooting guards that I couldn't keep them all straight. Like, a lot of guards with the same skillset that didn't have clearly differentiated roles as far as I could tell.

That was the case, I'm afraid....you don't replace the likes of Sabrina, Minyon, Maite ('19), & Satou without TONS of 'trial-n-error' efforts to solidify a guard rotation. Add in Mikesell 'n Paopao....I can see how Taylor and Jaz felt unsettled. And when they DID play, they didn't seem as confident as when they played with Sabrina.

PostPosted: 04/07/21 7:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
PickledGinger wrote:
According to Raoul, Kai Crutchfield and Kayla Jones are both coming back, as well. If this is true, and the transfers can play right away, they'll be loaded.

Diamond Johnson needs to think twice , or can she play along side Perez ? Pretty small back court , but who knows ?

If shes actually winning games, it might not make a difference.

undersized_post

PostPosted: 04/07/21 7:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
PickledGinger wrote:
According to Raoul, Kai Crutchfield and Kayla Jones are both coming back, as well. If this is true, and the transfers can play right away, they'll be loaded.

Diamond Johnson needs to think twice , or can she play along side Perez ? Pretty small back court , but who knows ?

If shes actually winning games, it might not make a difference.

Needless to say, the Rutgers fan forum was devastated at the news of Diamond's departure.

Last edited by undersized_post on 04/07/21 7:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
PG4ever

PostPosted: 04/07/21 7:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

All of this transfer news is helping to tamp down my basketball withdrawal symptoms. Wow, a lot of movement.

myrtle

PostPosted: 04/07/21 8:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I thought Chavez really showed good stuff the previous year, but this year was injured most of the year. I think whoever gets her will get a good 'un. Maybe she goes home to Arizona - that would be awesome for Adia.

PickledGinger

PostPosted: 04/07/21 8:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PG4ever wrote:
All of this transfer news is helping to tamp down my basketball withdrawal symptoms. Wow, a lot of movement.

The portal officially ticked over tp 800 transfers this morning. It's currently at 815, 157 from the P5. I love it.

The Latest:
Jaida Patrick from Duke to Columbia
LaShonda Monk from East Carolina to Ole Miss (after declairing and undeclairing for the draft)
Kendall Bostic from Michigan State to Illinois
Aliyah Matharu from Mississippi State to Texas (they have tooooo many guards next year)

Between the men's and women's sides, there is no way the NCAA can handle processing all of these transfers unless they issue another 1-year blanket waiver. I can't imagine that not happening. It'd be a nightmare to try to mitigate / litigate all of that.

Last edited by PickledGinger on 04/07/21 8:55 pm; edited 2 times in total
myrtle

PostPosted: 04/07/21 8:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Limar'i Thomas from Cinnci to UCLA. I think that's a good get for Cori Close.

And a personal fav from Fresno State, Maddi Utti in the portal.

myrtle

PostPosted: 04/07/21 9:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

You have to wonder what in heck is going on at some of these programs. Syracuse tops the list with 10, but there are several other lesser known schools with 7 or 8. For some of these schools it will be hard to have enough players on their roster unless they add a bunch of walk ons.

undersized_post

PostPosted: 04/07/21 9:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PickledGinger wrote:

The portal officially ticked over tp 800 transfers this morning. It's currently at 815, 157 from the P5. I love it.

The Latest:
Kendall Bostic from Michigan State to Illinois

Between the men's and women's sides, there is no way the NCAA can handle processing all of these transfers unless they issue another 1-year blanket waiver. I can't imagine that not happening. It'd be a nightmare to try to mitigate / litigate all of that.

It was my understanding they have already announced that a blanket waiver is in effect for this year?

As a B1G fan, Kendell Bostic to Illinois is interesting. She'll certainly get more minutes, but Illinois has been bad for so long... I would have welcomed her at Iowa.

I read a rumor on an Iowa board that Iowa is the only school without someone in the transfer portal. That just seems too unlikely to be true, but is there a way to verify?

Also, what happens to players who entered the portal but can't find another school to take them in? Can they just stay where they are? It seems like that would create a bad vibe between the coach and other players on the team if they knew you wanted out.

Howee

PostPosted: 04/07/21 9:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I see Mandi Simpson, OK, is grad-transferring to Boise St., her home area. Makes sense, especially since Coale is leaving, too.

PostPosted: 04/07/21 9:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

undersized_post wrote:

I read a rumor on an Iowa board that Iowa is the only school without someone in the transfer portal. That just seems too unlikely to be true, but is there a way to verify?

There are approximately 355 Division 1 Women’s teams, and per Raoul’s list, 295 have at least one player who has entered the portal since the fall...

Youth Coach

PostPosted: 04/08/21 6:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

For me, all these transfers has pretty much turned college basketball into a case of rooting for the laundry rather than following a player.
ucbart

PostPosted: 04/08/21 7:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Limar'i Thomas from Cinnci to UCLA. I think that's a good get for Cori Close.

And a personal fav from Fresno State, Maddi Utti in the portal.

Iimar'i is very good, but she is very short for her position. It'll be interesting to see what she can do in the Pac-12 at her height. She is strong, though and has some good skill.

As for Monk from ECU, I don't exactly remember as I want to forget UCONN's marriage to the AAC, but I believe that Monk is an uber-athlete.

ucbart

PostPosted: 04/08/21 7:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
I thought Chavez really showed good stuff the previous year, but this year was injured most of the year. I think whoever gets her will get a good 'un. Maybe she goes home to Arizona - that would be awesome for Adia.

Playing with someone like Sabrina can make someone appear as what they're not. I mean, Diana Taurasi made Maria Conlon look great. Chavez is a good shooter though. If you put her with a good, veteran PG, and I agree that she could help a team out immensely. She would be great at Maryland.

undersized_post

PostPosted: 04/08/21 7:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/d_patterson33/status/1380189505089601541

Danielle Patterson, former McDonalds All-American, to transfer from Indiana to St. John's. She's originally from NY so the move makes sense from that angle. Before IU, she played two seasons at Notre Dame, then sat out for 2019-2020 season due transfer rules, then played half this season at IU before opting out of the remainder of the season in early February. With all of that, It's unclear to me how many years of eligibility she has left. It's also unclear to me why she opted out midway through the season. I know she dealt with a knee injury during the year she sat out due to transferring.

undersized_post

PostPosted: 04/08/21 10:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This was posted in the Mississippi State thread but not the transfer tread, so I'm sharing here:

The three Hayes sisters are all transferring to Mississippi State.

https://twitter.com/Raoul_000/status/1380334042470608898

undersized_post

PostPosted: 04/08/21 10:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

One more: Ariyah Copeland is grad transferring from Alabama to LSU.

https://lsusports.net/news/2021/4/8/grad-transfer-copeland-joins-womens-basketball-team.aspx

undersized_post

PostPosted: 04/09/21 10:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aliyah Patty of Ohio State is entering the portal. Ohio State is losing its starting center and power forward. That's going to be a lot of lost production to replace.

undersized_post

PostPosted: 04/09/21 3:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://insidepacksports.com/s/7265/release-nc-state-announces-diamond-johnson-signing

Rumors have been confirmed: Diamond Johnson, #6 overall recruit out of high school and starting point guard last year for Rutgers, is transferring to NC State!

The battle for the ACC is going to be very interesting next year with the Georgia Tech seniors returning for their extra year of eligibility and NC State and Louisville both adding some high profile transfers.

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 04/09/21 3:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Diamond Johnson from Rutgers to NC state.

undersized_post

PostPosted: 04/09/21 3:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jaelynn Penn grad transferring from Indiana to UCLA. Gives me a PAC-12 team to root for Smile

PickledGinger

PostPosted: 04/09/21 4:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

undersized_post wrote:

According to Raoul, 300 teams (out of 343) have at least one player in the transfer portal. I know Washington State doesn't.

PostPosted: 04/09/21 4:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PickledGinger wrote:
undersized_post wrote:

According to Raoul, 300 teams (out of 350 according to Google) have at least one player in the transfer portal. I know Washington State doesn't.

Since I posted this, I thought I saw a tweet from him that Iowa is the only P-5 school in the last 3 years to not have had a player enter the transfer portal, but now I can't find the tweet! It still strikes me as too unlikely to be true, but interesting.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 10 of 19

Jump to: