RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

ESPN UConn Bias Official Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
undersized_post

PostPosted: 03/28/21 11:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It's possible to understand why something is the way it is, yet at the same time also be annoyed by it! These two things are not mutually exclusive.

thanks for the econ 101, though, y'all -- i've learned bunches Rolling Eyes

pilight

PostPosted: 04/04/21 8:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

They've already got some fresh UConn love...

https://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/story/_/id/31184173/women-college-basketball-way-too-early-top-25-uconn-reigns-south-carolina-looms

PostPosted: 04/04/21 8:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

https://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/story/_/id/31184173/women-college-basketball-way-too-early-top-25-uconn-reigns-south-carolina-looms

Ridiculous that they publish this piece claiming that Arizona doesn't have a chance next year, when simultaneously on the postgame show on their own network, they are talking about how the future for AZ is bright and Adia Barnes will be back.

Also, I'd argue that South Carolina's future is brighter than UConn's. Doesn't SC have a better recruiting class, technically? I hope we get another South Carolina/UConn regular season match-up.

huskiemaniac

PostPosted: 04/04/21 8:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Easy to trigger some folks.

myrtle

PostPosted: 04/04/21 8:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It doesn't take a lot of imagination to think SoCaro and UConn will be one and two or two and one. I don't have a problem with that. I think Stanford will be more like 12-15 unless we get lucky with guards. We will have terrific wings and decent posts, but you have to have a few players who can actually handle the ball.

Queenie

PostPosted: 04/04/21 9:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

Good grief, was the game even over when they wrote that up? Like, let the season end before you insist on looking forward to the next one! If nothing else, there's a whole WNBA season in between!

And I'd be saying the same thing if that photo had Aliyah Boston and Destanni Henderson in it, or Haley Jones and Cameron Brink, or NaLyssa Smith and whoever else is coming back for Baylor.

PostPosted: 04/05/21 8:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
pilight wrote:

Good grief, was the game even over when they wrote that up? Like, let the season end before you insist on looking forward to the next one! If nothing else, there's a whole WNBA season in between!

And I'd be saying the same thing if that photo had Aliyah Boston and Destanni Henderson in it, or Haley Jones and Cameron Brink, or NaLyssa Smith and whoever else is coming back for Baylor.

They do this every year with the men's team and with every other sport. Hell, I think ESPN does an NFL mock draft as soon as the current draft is over. I like that they do this. We can't complain about a lack of coverage and then complain when they do cover it.

If you go to the ESPN media zone, you could see that this was always the plan. I mean, what better way to put eyes on the sport than to preview the next year when there is a lot of excitement still buzzing? This has nothing to do with UCONN, but some, made it about UCONN.

undersized_post

PostPosted: 04/05/21 9:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/espnW/status/1379064205928710147

The latest piece of evidence, a tweet from ESPNW this morning:

Quote:
Five years ago today, @breannastewart and @UConnWBB won their fourth straight national title.

huskiemaniac

PostPosted: 04/05/21 9:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

undersized_post wrote:

Quote:
Five years ago today, @breannastewart and @UConnWBB won their fourth straight national title.

Here's even more evidence:

espnW Retweeted
SportsCenter
@SportsCenter
·
Mar 31
Four years ago,
@_MorganWilliam2
and Mississippi State snapped UConn's 111-game win streak.

undersized_post

PostPosted: 04/05/21 9:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

huskiemaniac wrote:
undersized_post wrote:

Quote:

Here's even more evidence:

espnW Retweeted
SportsCenter
@SportsCenter
·
Mar 31
Four years ago,
@_MorganWilliam2
and Mississippi State snapped UConn's 111-game win streak.

U right tho...

NFL1

PostPosted: 04/05/21 3:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
It doesn't take a lot of imagination to think SoCaro and UConn will be one and two or two and one. I don't have a problem with that. I think Stanford will be more like 12-15 unless we get lucky with guards. We will have terrific wings and decent posts, but you have to have a few players who can actually handle the ball.

Doesn't Stanford have a top PG and a European guard coming in? That's pretty darn good considering Haley Jones often brings the ball up too?

ClayK

PostPosted: 04/06/21 9:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NFL1 wrote:
myrtle wrote:

Doesn't Stanford have a top PG and a European guard coming in? That's pretty darn good considering Haley Jones often brings the ball up too?

Jzaniya Harrell isn't really a point guard.

PostPosted: 04/06/21 9:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
NFL1 wrote:
myrtle wrote:

Jzaniya Harrell isn't really a point guard.

Stanford fans, do you not have hope that Van Gytenbeek can take over the PG role? 5-star recruit out of high school and she did get quite a few experiential minutes in during the regular season.

Howee

PostPosted: 04/06/21 1:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

undersized_post wrote:
Stanford fans, do you not have hope that Van Gytenbeek can take over the PG role? 5-star recruit out of high school and she did get quite a few experiential minutes in during the regular season.

Indeed. She was a 5* recruit, and clearly was overshadowed by the upperclassmen this season, but....maybe she's got a huge upside that hasn't shown through yet. What about Hanna Jump and Jenna Brown--any potential there? And there's a Euro guard, coming over....Tara should not be destitute.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: