RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Minnesota Lynx 2021
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PUmatty

PostPosted: 02/15/21 8:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Can anyone tell me anything about Fagbenle? Is she and end-of-bench spare part, or is there potential for her to contribute?

Also, does this make Richyy a Fever fan?

Richyyy

PostPosted: 02/15/21 8:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
Can anyone tell me anything about Fagbenle? Is she and end-of-bench spare part, or is there potential for her to contribute?

There's definitely potential there for her to be worth more than she was in Minnesota, without always being stuck behind Fowles. In Europe she's a glaringly better player than, for example, Kristine Anigwe. In the right situation I think she's just as good as someone like Brionna Jones. But she hasn't done it consistently at WNBA level yet, so a lot of that is still optimism rather than proven. And I'm not sure how committed she is to the WNBA, which would obviously be an issue.

PUmatty wrote:
Also, does this make Richyy a Fever fan?

I wouldn't go that far Wink.

PostPosted: 02/16/21 11:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So Minnesota pays Indiana dearly to get rid of Sims, and then Indy dumps her.

Statistically, she's a decent player, and she's 27, in her prime. Sure, she's not a good shooter but the numbers say she's a good defender. So why does Indy not want her at all? Is she that much of a problem off the court? Or am I missing something?

PostPosted: 02/16/21 1:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:

Statistically, she's a decent player, and she's 27, in her prime. Sure, she's not a good shooter but the numbers say she's a good defender. So why does Indy not want her at all? Is she that much of a problem off the court? Or am I missing something?

They brought in D-Rob to run the point
They have Allemand and Doyle as other options there
and they have been developing K. Mitchell, T. Mitchell and Burke as options at the SG spot, maybe they just want to keep with their players ans taking of Sims was for the future 1st round pick and had nothing to do with Sims herself?

PUmatty

PostPosted: 02/16/21 2:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:

Who know ... but my guess is that they are building for the future. They see DRob as a better option as a back-up, especially since she has been happy to be in that role the recently. Sims instead of Robinson might give them, what, three more wins this year? Less? That's no difference for a team like this - in fact, it could actually be bad for the building for the future if they are less likely to get a No. 1 pick.

Neither player is a building block for the future.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 02/16/21 2:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yeah, I can understand not wanting Sims from Indiana's perspective (although I'd have rather had her one-year deal than Robinson's three-year one). The particularly weird element is waiving her instantly. Why not agree a buyout? There was no need to rush, and Sims was always likely to agree (considering she'd be wanted elsewhere at the minimum, and would have more chance to win with virtually any other team). Also, that cap space they have is valuable equity, as we've just seen with them essentially selling a bit of it to Minnesota. You keep hold of as much of it as possible so you can use it in more deals like that (say, to take on Ndour from Dallas). Waiving her immediately was completely unnecessary.

PostPosted: 02/16/21 3:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

$1,246,900 Lynx non-training camp contracts inc Xmas buyout (10 active)
......70,040 Add Sims on non-guaranteed contract
$1,316,940 (11 active)
....103,000 Cut Banham
$1,213,940 (10 active)
......58,710 Add Carleton off training camp contract
$1,272,650 (11 active)
......64,375 Add #9 pick
$1,337,025 Total salary (12 active)

$1,339,000 2021 Salary Cap Limit

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
snlMINAJ

PostPosted: 02/23/21 6:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

so what on earth will the lineups look like this year... i guess collier won't lead league in MPG this year.

crystal, kayla, napheesa, damiris and sylvia starters.
aerial natalie rachel lexie off the bench.

this group of 9 seems actually very solid, well-rounded.

Shades

PostPosted: 02/23/21 7:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Even though I’ve pointed out above a clear pathway for the ultimate 12-player roster for the Lynx, Reeve has referred in a couple different places to being an 11-player roster. That makes me think not only is she possibly unwilling to cut a non-guaranteed Banham (not smart considering how much it cost to cut Sims), she most likely has no-overseas bonus money tied up with Fowles, which supposedly eats up salary cap. So all this salary information isn’t adequate enough for complete salary cap analysis. Need to know what teams are paying in bonuses. That should be the next thing.... plus updated core charts.

adamj95

PostPosted: 03/12/21 11:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://www.instagram.com/p/CMWHDLvFIL7/?igshid=1a7cndptgv3i3

Quote:
BREAKING: Head Coach Cheryl Reeve said Maya Moore told her she is not ready to retire. The door is being left open for a possible return in the future.

Not sure the source but definitely interesting.

PostPosted: 03/13/21 12:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

About 13 months ago, Maya said herself she wasn’t ready to announce a retirement.
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ft9qpYDclvc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 03/13/21 4:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yeah, she will make a return to basketball when she turns 45. She would be finished having babies by that time.😘

PostPosted: 03/13/21 7:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aerial Powers has a nice size cap number when it comes to the WNBA, will she be coming off the bench or starting for the Lynx ?

Shades

PostPosted: 03/13/21 11:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SportsGuru wrote:
Aerial Powers has a nice size cap number when it comes to the WNBA, will she be coming off the bench or starting for the Lynx ?

Gambling Reeve won’t know herself until it’s figured out in camp. She had a perfectly balanced team with Sims, BUT NO, she couldn’t resist adding a player that doesn’t really fit as well and loses a ticket to the Rhyne Howard draft (Reeve needs to watch NCAAW more) in the process. Still have a ticket to it but two tickets are much better than one.

Last year the plan turned out to be starting Shenise Johnson as the lead guard. She stumbled in that role. Getting hurt again didn’t help. Might Reeve start Powers as the lead guard? If that’s the plan and it works out, I’ll have to give credit to Reeve for a daring move. If it doesn’t work out, the only way to start Powers likely is to have arguably the best Lynx player from last season (Dantas) come off the bench. Although she’d be starting again once Fowles has her obligatory injury for the season.

The good thing is they have nice depth and should be set up well should injuries occur.

Shades

PostPosted: 03/13/21 12:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Canadian WNBA star Natalie Achonwa all-in on title run with Minnesota Lynx
https://unitednewspost.com/news/sports/canadian-wnba-star-natalie-achonwa-all-in-on-title-run-with-minnesota-lynx-cbc-sports/

Quote:
“I’m at a point in my career where I really want to win, and the Lynx have a history, a legacy, of success.”

Quote:
“Indy has been, and it will always be, home for me,” she said. “But you can’t grow in your comfort zone, and I think that is why I felt like it was time to take this challenge, to go and move on to the Lynx and to really test myself.”

Oh, I like that.

Quote:
“Bridget is actually someone that reached out to me specifically and was like, ‘What do you have? What questions do you need to answer? How can I help? How can I help get you in a Lynx jersey?’ ” said Achonwa.

Reeve had Carleton’s help.

willtalk

PostPosted: 03/14/21 10:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:

Stats lie. She has problems picking up her assingnments off of picks and inbound plays. Unless she can keept them right in front of her she loses players all the time.

PostPosted: 04/04/21 10:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lynx sign Pivec (ATL table scraps) to a training camp contract.
https://lynx.wnba.com/news/minnesota-lynx-sign-mikayla-pivec/

Wonder what cryptic meaning this has? She’s too similar to what they already have in Carleton and Powers.

Stormeo

PostPosted: 04/04/21 10:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Lynx sign Pivec (ATL table scraps) to a training camp contract.
https://lynx.wnba.com/news/minnesota-lynx-sign-mikayla-pivec/

Wonder what cryptic meaning this has? She’s too similar to what they already have in Carleton and Powers.

Unlike Carleton and Powers, Pivec can run the point. At 5’10, she’s more of a 1 or even a 2 than a 3.

Shades

PostPosted: 04/05/21 9:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nothing to see here.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 04/05/21 12:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

Nothing to see here.

So shady of you I love it sometimes Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 04/05/21 12:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I am pretty sure Minny can only go 11 unless they cut Banham

I think it will be hard for the first round pick to knock someone off. Pivec, Harper and any training camp contract (outside of Carelton who I think is a shoo in based on last season) are going to struggle to breakthrough to the roster

Dangerfield/Banham
McBride/Brown
Collier/Powers/Carelton
Dantas/Shepard
Fowles/Achonwa

as it is they're going to have to slide Collier between the 3/4 just to get Powers and Carelton enough minutes

blaase22

PostPosted: 04/05/21 3:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I am fine with Carleton and Brown not getting many minutes or even being replaced.

adamj95

PostPosted: 04/07/21 8:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://www.instagram.com/p/CNYJYJtHurw/?igshid=ib6xadvcnap8

With “4.8.2121” written in the comments by the official MN Lynx account. 🤔🤔

PostPosted: 04/07/21 8:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:

Thanks for agreeing.

J-Spoon wrote:
I think it will be hard for the first round pick to knock someone off. Pivec, Harper and any training camp contract (outside of Carelton who I think is a shoo in based on last season) are going to struggle to breakthrough to the roster

Dangerfield/Banham
McBride/Brown
Collier/Powers/Carelton
Dantas/Shepard
Fowles/Achonwa

as it is they're going to have to slide Collier between the 3/4 just to get Powers and Carelton enough minutes

Am I the only one that finds it HARD to believe that Reeve signed Powers at 190K-G PLUS gave up a ticket to the Rhyne Howard lottery PLUS booted Lynx family member Sims just to have Powers come off the bench? I mean, she could have close to starter level minutes off the bench, but it’s still hard to believe. I think it’s either gonna be Powers as the lead guard or more likely start Powers at the 3 and push Dantas behind the delicate Fowles. It’s a mystery. I’m not sure Reeve knows how she’s going to work this out, but she did know she had to do it (kid in the candy store effect). The good thing about acquiring Powers is that it ended up hurting both Seattle and DC. But did it hurt Minny too? Stay tuned.

I find it hard to believe Reeve isn’t finding a suitor for Brown. Reeve handed out guaranteed contracts like they were candy to three new players. It’s Brown’s last year on her rookie contract, so it’s obvious her time as a Lynx should come to end before next year at the latest. Might as well deal Brown now (for future consideration) and let the #9 pick settle into the roster. Or how about Brown + #9 for #6?🤔

Last edited by Shades on 04/07/21 9:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
J-Spoon

PostPosted: 04/07/21 9:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:

Thanks for agreeing.

J-Spoon wrote:

Dangerfield/Banham
McBride/Brown
Collier/Powers/Carelton
Dantas/Shepard
Fowles/Achonwa

Am I the only one that finds it HARD to believe that Reeve signed Powers at 190K-G PLUS gave up a ticket to the Ryne Howard lottery PLUS booted Lynx family member Sims just to have Powers come off the bench? I mean, she could have close to starter level minutes off the bench, but it’s still hard to believe. I think it’s either gonna be Powers as the lead guard or more likely start Powers at the 3 and push Dantas behind the delicate Fowles. It’s a mystery. I’m not sure Reeve knows how she’s going to work this out, but she did know she had to do it (kid in the candy store effect). The good thing about acquiring Powers is that it ended up hurting both Seattle and DC. But did it hurt Minny too? Stay tuned.

I find it hard to believe Reeve isn’t finding a suitor for Brown. Reeve handed out guaranteed contracts like they were candy to three new players. It’s Brown’s last year on her rookie contract, so it’s obvious her time as a Lynx should come to end before next year at the latest. Might as well deal Brown now (for future consideration) and let the #9 pick settle into the roster. Or how about Brown + #9 for #6?🤔

I agree that Powers could start at the 3 and Collier at the 4 with Dantas off the bench at the 4 and 5, it actually does make more sense, then you have 5 posts and it opens up minutes for Carelton.

I am not sure Brown has proven herself enough to have much value. She also plays at the most abundant position and next year is a strong draft, so as future consideration goes I think you would be looking at a 2nd round pick.. Is there a presumptive top 6 team who would be willing to give up a 2nd round pick for Brown maybe? Washington is the team that comes to mind, if they still have their 2nd round pick in 22.

NY already needs both Johannes and Han to be suspended and Durr to get a medical opt out so they can sign Allen and the #6 pick as is, so picking up another SG when they already have (Jones, Whitcomb, Sometimes Ionscu, and might have to find some minutes there for Laney Odom and Willoughby as well seem unnecessary, especially with Durr and/or Johannes possibly returning in 22. And If NY wants a post one of Mack, Kuier, Collier, Davis and Walker should still be there at 6 but they might be gone by 9,

If Minny does go with the 11 below

Dangerfield/Banham
McBride/Brown
Powers/Carelton
Collier/Dantas/Shepard
Fowles/Achonwa

Who do you want at 9, and who do you think they can knock off?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 5 of 12

Jump to: