RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Coronavirus Pandemic
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 87, 88, 89 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jammerbirdi

PostPosted: 03/19/21 11:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I’m announcing a temporary ban on using the word “steak” on Rebkell’s. Effective immediately. Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: 03/19/21 12:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mea culpa. Twisted Evil

tfan

PostPosted: 03/26/21 2:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

We now have vaccinated 1/4 of the nation and yet:

The seven-day average of new cases jumped to 57,695 Wednesday, 9.5% above the prior week, marking the biggest increase since Jan. 12, according to Johns Hopkins University data.

U.S. Covid Cases Are Rising Again, Reversing Months of Progress

Even worse than the headline is the statement that some states are seeing upticks in hospitalizations, something the vaccines are supposed to prevent. But they are hopeful that there will be fewer people hospitalized who require treatment in an ICU.

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 03/26/21 9:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It's likely more infections are occurring because we now have more infectious variants in extensive circulation and their effect is outstripping our vaccination pace. People are also suffering COVID fatigue, not social distancing or wearing masks consistently, and some knucklehead governors have decided it was time to open up their states again.

Studies are showing that the number of new cases has dropped considerably in healthcare workers and the elderly, the two populations that have largely been vaccinated. The new infections are occurring in the non-vaccinated with increased rates in the younger age groups. There's no implication here that the vaccines are failing to prevent infections or hospitalizations.

None of this is a revelation...it was predicted by the CDC and assorted epidemiologists weeks ago and fell on deaf ears.

tfan

PostPosted: 03/26/21 11:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

California is doing well right now. The decline in 7-day average cases has slowed, but keeps going down. The current 7-day average daily total of 2,598 is the lowest since May 30th (2,499). The peak was 44,968 back on December 21st.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/usa/california/

The USA 7-day average peaked at 256, 210 on January 11th and is now at 59,155. For comparison with California, back on May 30th the USA was at 21,921, 37% of now. California is at 5.8% of their end of year peak and the USA is at 23% of it.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 03/30/21 8:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm not even sure what to say to this. I think my first thought was "take the kids away from these parents." Then, I thought "at least they are involved in their kids lives." Then I kind of went back on that thinking "but is that a good thing?"

This is one of the largest school systems in Indiana. From what I could find top 30-35.
Schools: 7 Elementary, 2 Middle, 1 High
Students: 7,362

Quote:
About 30 Northwest Allen County School (NACS) parents protested their kids having to wear masks while in class before the school board meeting at Perry Hill Elementary School Monday night.

About 30 parents. So I divided 7,362 students by three kids per family to maybe get a possible number of families involved here. 2.454 families. I have no idea how many total 'parents' that would be. 4,000? Gotta figure that some are totally not involved in their kids lives, some are deceased, some step-parents. So about 30 out of about 4,000 parents.
Quote:
The protest was organized in the “Unmask NACS Students Now” Facebook group, which was created by (Travis) Striggle. According to him, the group is comprised of more than 500 members and has a “laser focus of taking off the masks from their kids.”

I don't know why this made me laugh.
Quote:
“There’s harm that every minute that goes by that our kids have to continue to wear masks,” Striggle said.

Then keep them home!!!
Quote:
The most common concerns included many parents fearing for their child’s mental health and not understanding why their child has to wear a mask “just to keep them from a virus that they have 99.997% of surviving.” One parent described watching her kids have to wear a mask at school as “heartbreaking.”

Is it that they can't understand or won't even try to understand because it's about "my right as an American"?
Quote:
“[My child] comes home with a dirty rag on her face every day. She gets off the bus crying,” said Michael, a NACS parent who addressed the board members. “She is stressed and physically and emotionally suffering. This is not acceptable.”

Can't they send an extra mask or two with her every day? Or keep her home?
Quote:
“Once that’s accomplished, then we’re going to end all the other restrictions that are being put on our kids,” Striggle said. “Our kids should be able to go to proms and commencements and all these things at this point without any restrictions.”

Show me your medical/science degree and maybe we'll talk.

I took a quick look at the WANE Facebook page. I'm sure that this will be entertaining when I have about a day to sit and read them all. lol
https://www.facebook.com/wane15/?epa=SEARCH_BOX

https://www.wane.com/top-stories/nacs-parents-protest-districts-mask-requirement-at-school-board-meeting/

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 04/01/21 8:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CDC is showing that 549.098 people have died from COVID-19. 902 people away from 550,000. There were 917 recorded for today.

On December 12, 2020 I posted that we were fast approaching 300,000.

On January 3, 2021 I posted that were were on the doorstep of 350,000. Now just 3 months later another 200,000 have died.

I had posted the following in my 300,000 post:
Quote:
That's a population larger than Pittsburg, PA, Lincoln, NE or St. Louis, MO.

Not quite as large as Irvine, CA, Cincinnati, OH or St. Paul, MN

Now we can add Chesapeake, VA or Winston-Salem, NC to any one of those cities. Or we can just look at Mesa or Tucson, AZ by itself.

Mind blowing.

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
tfan

PostPosted: 04/02/21 11:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
CDC is showing that 549.098 people have died from COVID-19. 902 people away from 550,000. There were 917 recorded for today.

I think all the old folks that wanted one are now vaccinated and maybe all the co-morbidity folks as well, So I hope we see that daily death toll go below where we were on July 5th (524 - 7 day average) and October 12th (721 - 7 day average). Otherwise, the CDC needs to give us some explanation for why. It may be that most if not all of the deaths will be from people who refuse the vaccine. In that case it would be a benefit to people who don't want to get it to hear the breakdown of deaths among vaccinated versus deaths among those non-vaccinated.

Last edited by tfan on 04/02/21 11:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
tfan

PostPosted: 04/02/21 11:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Los Angeles Should Reach Covid-19 Herd Immunity By Late June, Say Health Officials

Quote:
Ferrer says that 80% of the remaining 16+ population should be vaccinated by late June — which comes out to 64% of overall residents. When one adds in the 10% of the under 16 population with virus-exposed immunity, it seems reasonable to say approximately 74% of all Los Angeles residents will have immunity by late June.

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 04/04/21 8:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:

On December 12, 2020 I posted that we were fast approaching 300,000.

On January 3, 2021 I posted that were were on the doorstep of 350,000. Now just 3 months later another 200,000 have died.

I had posted the following in my 300,000 post:
Quote:
That's a population larger than Pittsburg, PA, Lincoln, NE or St. Louis, MO.

Not quite as large as Irvine, CA, Cincinnati, OH or St. Paul, MN

Now we can add Chesapeake, VA or Winston-Salem, NC to any one of those cities. Or we can just look at Mesa or Tucson, AZ by itself.

Mind blowing.

I posted this on 11/12, in a discussion with Jam about Biden not taking office soon enough and when we had 10.6M cases and 244K deaths.
FrozenLVFan wrote:
We're going to have another 15-20M cases and 400K deaths by February.
On 2/2, we had 26.4M cases and 446K deaths.

tfan wrote:
I think all the old folks that wanted one are now vaccinated and maybe all the co-morbidity folks as well, So I hope we see that daily death toll go below where we were on July 5th (524 - 7 day average) and October 12th (721 - 7 day average). Otherwise, the CDC needs to give us some explanation for why. It may be that most if not all of the deaths will be from people who refuse the vaccine. In that case it would be a benefit to people who don't want to get it to hear the breakdown of deaths among vaccinated versus deaths among those non-vaccinated.

The anti-vaxxers have been given the information about vaccines preventing cases AND decreasing the severity of the disease compared to non-vaccinated patients. You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.

Herd immunity is a moving target. With the influx of new, more contagious variants, herd immunity is likely to require 80-90% of the population to be immune.

DivaORcat16

PostPosted: 04/04/21 3:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So, I'm not very good at linking sites and information. But, I participated in a NIH volunteer sero-survey last Summer. Questionnaire about individuals health and if they had been sick January 2020 or after with no COVID-19 diagnosis, with a kit to provide blood samples (the finger sticks HURT).

I received an e-mail with a link to some of their findings. They do not give participants information about anything specific to one's self.

It states
" These data indicate that there were 4.8 (95% CI: 2.8-6.8 ) undiagnosed cases for every diagnosed case of COVID-19 during this same time period in the United States, and an estimated 16.8 million undiagnosed cases by mid-July 2020".

Last edited by DivaORcat16 on 04/04/21 4:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
DivaORcat16

PostPosted: 04/04/21 3:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ok, sorry about the emoji in there, it's not showing and I can't edit it out

pilight

PostPosted: 04/04/21 3:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DivaORcat16 wrote:
Ok, sorry about the emoji in there, it's not showing and I can't edit it out

Put a space between the 8 and the )

PostPosted: 04/04/21 4:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thank you pilight! Fixed it!

tfan

PostPosted: 04/04/21 8:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Editing what I had posted as I misread the data cited above. I had thought that was saying 4.8% as many undiagnosed, not 4.8 times as many.

tfan

PostPosted: 04/06/21 8:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Americans' Worry About Catching COVID-19 Drops to Record Low

tfan

PostPosted: 04/07/21 9:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

A third of COVID survivors suffer neurological or mental disorders -study

Quote:
The new findings, published in the Lancet Psychiatry journal, analysed health records of 236,379 COVID-19 patients, mostly from the United States, and found 34% had been diagnosed with neurological or psychiatric illnesses within six months.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 04/07/21 10:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
A transplant recipient contracted COVID-19 after getting virus-infected lungs from her donor.

https://www.wishtv.com/news/coronavirus/transplant-recipient-unknowingly-gets-coronavirus-infected-lungs-dies-two-months-later/

tfan

PostPosted: 04/08/21 9:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
Quote:
A transplant recipient contracted COVID-19 after getting virus-infected lungs from her donor.

https://www.wishtv.com/news/coronavirus/transplant-recipient-unknowingly-gets-coronavirus-infected-lungs-dies-two-months-later/

Very sad. I think it could have been solved, or at least the probability greatly reduced, if all caregivers and grieving friends and relatives (and a reminder to them that the person was going to donate their lungs so it was important not to transmit the virus) had worn N95 masks when they were near the dying donor. But we still don't appear to have an ample supply of N95 masks for hospital folks. At least in my limited experience, nurses are only wearing surgical masks outside of COVID-19 wards.

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 04/09/21 10:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:
Quote:

Very sad. I think it could have been solved, or at least the probability greatly reduced, if all caregivers and grieving friends and relatives (and a reminder to them that the person was going to donate their lungs so it was important not to transmit the virus) had worn N95 masks when they were near the dying donor. But we still don't appear to have an ample supply of N95 masks for hospital folks. At least in my limited experience, nurses are only wearing surgical masks outside of COVID-19 wards.

Having read the report in the journal, I'd have to say this has nothing to do with the caregivers or family. The donor was involved in a car accident and it was assumed that his abnormal chest Xray was due to a lung injury not a COVID infection. IMHO, this was a medical mistake for not testing the donor appropriately before transplanting the lungs. SARS-CoV-2 testing was not even required by the organization that oversees organ procurement. The thoracic surgeon that performed the transplant was not wearing adequate PPE and got COVID as well.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 04/12/21 8:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Indy pediatrician's mother dies of COVID days before receiving 2nd shot.

https://www.wthr.com/article/news/local/riley-doctor-loses-her-mom-to-covid-19-days-before-she-was-supposed-to-get-second-vaccine-dose/531-2fd17d8e-9895-4754-8361-4a90266bc161

undersized_post

PostPosted: 04/12/21 9:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
Indy pediatrician's mother dies of COVID days before receiving 2nd shot.

https://www.wthr.com/article/news/local/riley-doctor-loses-her-mom-to-covid-19-days-before-she-was-supposed-to-get-second-vaccine-dose/531-2fd17d8e-9895-4754-8361-4a90266bc161

So sad. I really felt this one. Could happen to anyone.

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 04/13/21 2:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

In other depressing news, 20% of new COVID cases are now occurring in children, and multiple children's hospitals have now opened clinics to care for pediatric patients with long-haul COVID.

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 04/17/21 3:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bill Maher skewers doctors and politicians who have been political about Covid instead of giving and acting on straight facts, the media who overwhelmingly report only negative stories about Covid, the supposed follow-the-science liberals who don't know the science, and the political correctness that prevents all of the above people from factually stating and focusing on a major cause of death factor from Covid as well as many other diseases: overweight and obesity.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Qp3gy_CLXho" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
jammerbirdi

PostPosted: 04/17/21 4:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
Bill Maher skewers doctors and politicians who have been political about Covid instead of giving and acting on straight facts, the media who overwhelmingly report only negative stories about Covid, the supposed follow-the-science liberals who don't know the science, and the political correctness that prevents all of the above people from factually stating and focusing on a major cause of death factor from Covid as well as many other diseases: overweight and obesity.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Qp3gy_CLXho" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I don’t think anyone could win an argument with me now that this thing we used to call political correctness, that gave birth to things like wokeness, to cancel culture, the deployment of all of it into partisan politics and elections, and all the rest, has not spread destruction into every subject and conversation and that it isn’t all now actively delivering us every day to the most detrimental and dire of realities.

For instance. We can’t and haven’t been able to allow for or discuss even whether the virus emanated from the Whuhan research lab where these things were being worked on. Because Trump said it. And also to do so, in the prevailing thinking around these things, unfairly places China and Chinese people and Asians in the crosshairs of blame. To even bring this up is to target yourself for charges of racism.

So many scientists are now dismissing the wet market source theory as highly implausible and the lab leak scenario as highly likely. But that information and a debate about it is still being withheld from the public for all of these reasons that are based on, for lack of a better term, woke politics.

And that’s really just ONE fucking example. Just off the top of my head and keeping with the subject matter of this thread. This ethos is literally so fucking dangerous.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 87, 88, 89 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 88 of 100

Jump to: