RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

#2 Baylor vs #1 Connecticut - 3/29/21
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
SDHoops



Joined: 09 Nov 2007
Posts: 1162



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/30/21 3:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Okay really? An asterisk? So did UConn set it up for Didi to get hurt (she was ALL ALONE when she went down) and did UConn tell the refs not to call a play? So one could also say when Paige got thrown to the ground a few plays before that Baylor would've never got that close again. Lawd ya'll some bawl babies!! Some of ya'll are just chiming in, you guys make UConn the convo of the hour... okay but in all seriousness I was making inner-peace with losing when down 10. Teams make their runs..if you remember UConn was just smoking Notre Dame when Napheesa was a senior and ND came back with a run so big that they ended up taking a big lead on UConn and winning. It'd be one thing if UConn ran away with it without Didi in, but Baylor still had a shot to win. Even without the foul call they still would've had a shot if Paige didn't get that steal..grow up!


mercfan3



Joined: 23 Nov 2004
Posts: 18932



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/30/21 4:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SDHoops wrote:
Okay really? An asterisk? So did UConn set it up for Didi to get hurt (she was ALL ALONE when she went down) and did UConn tell the refs not to call a play? So one could also say when Paige got thrown to the ground a few plays before that Baylor would've never got that close again. Lawd ya'll some bawl babies!! Some of ya'll are just chiming in, you guys make UConn the convo of the hour... okay but in all seriousness I was making inner-peace with losing when down 10. Teams make their runs..if you remember UConn was just smoking Notre Dame when Napheesa was a senior and ND came back with a run so big that they ended up taking a big lead on UConn and winning. It'd be one thing if UConn ran away with it without Didi in, but Baylor still had a shot to win. Even without the foul call they still would've had a shot if Paige didn't get that steal..grow up!


Right..like..UConn’s starting point guard was hurt the whole game...

I know some don’t think it matters, but Nika playing means that Didi is pressured and harassed the whole game, something she gets flustered with and it means she’s got to put out more offensively energy - making keeping up with Paige on the other end a tougher job because of the extended energy.

It also means we aren’t as handicapped with a bench, and don’t need to see that Griffin/ONO lineup..meaning Aaliyah can afford to be more aggressive in the second.

Hated to see injuries go down, especially for Didi, but they happen. Mulkey should have developed her bench more.

Beyond that, the refs let far more contact go the whole game...the only reason people are calling this controversial is because It’s UConn and it came at the end of the game.

That being said, Baylor and fans do have a right to be pissed...at the NCAA committee...they should have never had to play UConn to get into the final four. The fact that we had an Arizona/Indians game right after showed as much.



_________________
“Anyone point out that a Donald Trump anagram is ‘Lord Dampnut’”- Colin Mochrie
pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 62448
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/30/21 4:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
Beyond that, the refs let far more contact go the whole game...the only reason people are calling this controversial is because It’s UConn and it came at the end of the game.


It would have been controversial no matter who the team was. Kinda like that Texas A&M over-and-back that wasn't.



_________________
The power of the police to fulfill their functions and duties is dependent on public approval of their existence, actions and behavior, and on their ability to secure and maintain public respect
undersized_post



Joined: 01 Mar 2021
Posts: 724
Location: midwest/indiana/iowa


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/30/21 4:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:
https://the-boneyard.com/attachments/166620104_3990577711003082_5501744120327449957_n-jpg.66431/


What gets me is that nonchalant look on her face Laughing


Howee



Joined: 27 Nov 2009
Posts: 13505
Location: OREGON (in my heart)


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/30/21 4:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

undersized_post wrote:
linkster wrote:
https://the-boneyard.com/attachments/166620104_3990577711003082_5501744120327449957_n-jpg.66431/


What gets me is that nonchalant look on her face Laughing


INDEEED....she coulda lost a coupla nails in that grab. Razz



_________________
Oregon: Go Ducks!
"Inévitablement, les canards voleront"
undersized_post



Joined: 01 Mar 2021
Posts: 724
Location: midwest/indiana/iowa


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/30/21 5:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UConn Folks: Congratulations. You got the 'Dub.' Your precocious freshman has kept alive the fervent Final Four streak.

So: Why so unhappy?? Will you not accept that non-partisan fans might have a different outlook on the game? Will you not rest until every person on this forum sees things exactly as you do?

Hint: Maybe it's because deep down even y'all know you didn't deserve this win. KIDDING Wink Laughing Wink

Next: I hope Nika gets healthy soon because you never want to see someone injured. Good luck against Arizona! Very Happy

Now: Imma STFU and leave this thread like I probably should have done 24 hours ago. Laughing


SDHoops



Joined: 09 Nov 2007
Posts: 1162



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/30/21 11:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

undersized_post wrote:
UConn Folks: Congratulations. You got the 'Dub.' Your precocious freshman has kept alive the fervent Final Four streak.

So: Why so unhappy?? Will you not accept that non-partisan fans might have a different outlook on the game? Will you not rest until every person on this forum sees things exactly as you do?

Hint: Maybe it's because deep down even y'all know you didn't deserve this win. KIDDING Wink Laughing Wink

Next: I hope Nika gets healthy soon because you never want to see someone injured. Good luck against Arizona! Very Happy

Now: Imma STFU and leave this thread like I probably should have done 24 hours ago. Laughing

tbh I was trying not to say anything lol it was the...oh this game deserves an asterisk. Like okay, ppl doing the most Laughing


ucbart



Joined: 21 Nov 2004
Posts: 2038
Location: New York


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/31/21 1:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
undersized_post wrote:
linkster wrote:
https://the-boneyard.com/attachments/166620104_3990577711003082_5501744120327449957_n-jpg.66431/


What gets me is that nonchalant look on her face Laughing


INDEEED....she coulda lost a coupla nails in that grab. Razz


So, I've watched this game several times and one of the times, I concentrated on Carrington's hair. She spends soooooooo much time playing with it and getting it out of her face in the middle of plays.....that it has to be a distraction.


willtalk



Joined: 13 Apr 2012
Posts: 980
Location: NorCal


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/31/21 4:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I was one person who thought that Uconn was the better overall team and should win the game. However, Baylor played well and seemed to be winning until Di Di was injured. I also thought thet Baylor was getting the advantage in respect to officiating, but not too drasktic or horribly blatant.

In respect to that non call at the end, it was obvious it was a foul by two different players at the same time. Carrington was even hooked by Ono while she was dribbling to the spot where she was fouled on the shot.

Two wrongs never make a right. The idea that previous non calls or bad calls will negate the fact that Carrington was fouled is pure rationalization. That leaves the question as to why that rationalization by Uconn fans is necessary.

Fans in general tend to not be that rational. That is to be expected. Each fan base has their own senseof identity. The Uconn fan base has been spoiled for decades by their team dominating WCBB. The found it hard to be fans of a team that was not percieved to be the best as it has been the last few years. This was truned around by the influx again of top recuits so the future agains looked bright. But for fans perception is more important than reality.

In the National Championship tournament unless a team s vastly superior they need some hreaks to go their way to get to win it all In the case of fans, however, they generally only focus on the breaks when they effect losses, but ignore them when it creates wins, In this case the bad calls would have been focused on if Uconn ended up losing, but they do not want to admit that the win was helped along by a big break. That would not only diminish the win in their eyes but also tarnish their own image of being the victim.

Many UConn fans have been focused on saying that the media is not against them/ When the reality was that while they were winning they were the medai darlings. They were the media darlings for so long that the end of that they now define as hate. Its the because you don't love me that means you hate me. So they interpret the anti bad officiating as being anti Uconn.



_________________
No one one is ever as good as their best game, nor as bad as their worst.
SDHoops



Joined: 09 Nov 2007
Posts: 1162



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/31/21 4:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lol Seriously? I'm a UConn fan. I'm not spoiled. I call my team out on their shit..I've been heartbroken after losses but I don't remember blaming the refs. For me, it's getting attacked time and time again. There will be nothing to do with Uconn or it's fans and people will throw stuff in there.. that's where I will defend myself because how can you not take it personal? I've only commented on this thread a few times as to just let the stupidity handle itself, but come on now you guys are reaching and it's funny. We lose three years in a row, we get attacked. We win, we get attacked Like I aaid before, Rebkell has been somewhat of a safe space compared to Instagram, Twitter and the YouTube comment section and I thank most for that..just please don't group us all in one. And quit beating a dead horse with this thread...the game is over last I knew. We won.


huskiemaniac



Joined: 24 Nov 2004
Posts: 734
Location: NE CT


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/01/21 10:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

willtalk wrote:
I was one person who thought that Uconn was the better overall team and should win the game. However, Baylor played well and seemed to be winning until Di Di was injured. I also thought thet Baylor was getting the advantage in respect to officiating, but not too drasktic or horribly blatant.

In respect to that non call at the end, it was obvious it was a foul by two different players at the same time. Carrington was even hooked by Ono while she was dribbling to the spot where she was fouled on the shot.

Two wrongs never make a right. The idea that previous non calls or bad calls will negate the fact that Carrington was fouled is pure rationalization. That leaves the question as to why that rationalization by Uconn fans is necessary.

Fans in general tend to not be that rational. That is to be expected. Each fan base has their own senseof identity. The Uconn fan base has been spoiled for decades by their team dominating WCBB. The found it hard to be fans of a team that was not percieved to be the best as it has been the last few years. This was truned around by the influx again of top recuits so the future agains looked bright. But for fans perception is more important than reality.

In the National Championship tournament unless a team s vastly superior they need some hreaks to go their way to get to win it all In the case of fans, however, they generally only focus on the breaks when they effect losses, but ignore them when it creates wins, In this case the bad calls would have been focused on if Uconn ended up losing, but they do not want to admit that the win was helped along by a big break. That would not only diminish the win in their eyes but also tarnish their own image of being the victim.

Many UConn fans have been focused on saying that the media is not against them/ When the reality was that while they were winning they were the medai darlings. They were the media darlings for so long that the end of that they now define as hate. Its the because you don't love me that means you hate me. So they interpret the anti bad officiating as being anti Uconn.



Wow. Very Happy


Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin