RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Transfers/Injuries/Sit-Outs 2020-21
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ClayK

PostPosted: 03/27/21 10:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PickledGinger wrote:
tfan wrote:
PickledGinger wrote:
A third starter in Jaenae Terry is leaving Illinois. No sense staying on a ship that's already been sunk.

Are you referring to something besides record because I think Illinois was a bad team back when those recruits committed?

Oh, no. I think maybe the proper wording would have been "staying on a sunken ship." No disrespect for to Nancy Fahey, she's done what she could.

I would love for Illinois to be better. Chicagoland is a hugely untapped market for WBB. All respect to DePaul but they're not a Power 5 team.

But why is Illinois / Urbana-Champaign so hard to build a program in?

That's an interesting question. How much is Fahey paid, and how does that compare to other Big 10 programs? And is the assistant/recruiting budget comparable?

PostPosted: 03/27/21 10:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PickledGinger wrote:
tfan wrote:
PickledGinger wrote:
A third starter in Jaenae Terry is leaving Illinois. No sense staying on a ship that's already been sunk.

Are you referring to something besides record because I think Illinois was a bad team back when those recruits committed?

Oh, no. I think maybe the proper wording would have been "staying on a sunken ship." No disrespect for to Nancy Fahey, she's done what she could.

I would love for Illinois to be better. Chicagoland is a hugely untapped market for WBB. All respect to DePaul but they're not a Power 5 team.

But why is Illinois / Urbana-Champaign so hard to build a program in?

Like Wisconsin, they've been a loser for some years. I don't recall them ever having a winning program, which Wisconsin, at one time, did. And then they had that scandal a few years back which resulted in a mass defection and I think really sullied their name, so there's that. Beyond that, I couldn't tell you.

PostPosted: 03/27/21 10:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
Stormeo wrote:
https://twitter.com/Raoul_000/status/1375174085689360386

Quote:
Middle Tennessee WBB's Anastasia Hayes (5-7 RS JR guard, Murfreesboro, TN [grad xfer]) and Aislynn Hayes (5-6 SO guard, Murfreesboro, TN) have joined their sister Alasia Hayes (ex-Notre Dame) in the portal.

Shocked I have to wonder if this is completely the making of their parent(s). There's just something off about this family...

You better believe it is. If you thought Diamond DeShields had a stage daddy, or if you think Ashley Joens has a “sports dad”, neither one of them is a patch on this dude. If I were a coach I wouldn’t touch any of the kids at this point. I guess he doesn’t think word gets around...

FWIW, I've heard that they're headed to Michigan, This is totally uncorroborated!

summertime blues

PostPosted: 03/27/21 10:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Pureformofthegame wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
Stormeo wrote:

Quote:
Middle Tennessee WBB's Anastasia Hayes (5-7 RS JR guard, Murfreesboro, TN [grad xfer]) and Aislynn Hayes (5-6 SO guard, Murfreesboro, TN) have joined their sister Alasia Hayes (ex-Notre Dame) in the portal.

Shocked I have to wonder if this is completely the making of their parent(s). There's just something off about this family...

You better believe it is. If you thought Diamond DeShields had a stage daddy, or if you think Ashley Joens has a “sports dad”, neither one of them is a patch on this dude. If I were a coach I wouldn’t touch any of the kids at this point. I guess he doesn’t think word gets around...

FWIW, I've heard that they're headed to Michigan, This is totally uncorroborated!

OMG, why ANY program would want to deal with that toxic daddy is beyond me...not to mention the attitude problem that is Annie. Unless Insell wrung it out of her. ~SMDH~

PostPosted: 03/27/21 11:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
Pureformofthegame wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
Stormeo wrote:

Quote:

OMG, why ANY program would want to deal with that toxic daddy is beyond me...not to mention the attitude problem that is Annie. Unless Insell wrung it out of her. ~SMDH~

I’m sure Insell tried, but don’t think Annie’s attitude is fixable. Insell doesn’t put up with attitude, no matter how good you are. I’m sure this is the primary reason for them leaving.

Hoopsmom

PostPosted: 03/27/21 1:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

In addition, what team wants to take three players that have to sit for a year? Transfers were free this year, with no waivers required. But next year, that is not the case. At least not yet...

summertime blues

PostPosted: 03/27/21 1:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hoopsmom wrote:
In addition, what team wants to take three players that have to sit for a year? Transfers were free this year, with no waivers required. But next year, that is not the case. At least not yet...

Annie is a grad transfer so she wouldn’t have to sit. The other two presumably would, and I’m sure Daddy Dearest would put up a stink about that Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: 03/27/21 3:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Acacia, the 4th and reportedly the most talented sister, has these schools listed as her final choices.
@HailStateWBK
@uncwbb
@ClemsonWBB
@LSUwbkb
@KentuckyWBB
@GTWBB
@umichwbball
@IowaWBB

Do we think they're looking for a 4-package deal?

undersized_post

PostPosted: 03/27/21 3:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FrozenLVFan wrote:
Acacia, the 4th and reportedly the most talented sister, has these schools listed as her final choices.
@HailStateWBK
@uncwbb
@ClemsonWBB
@LSUwbkb
@KentuckyWBB
@GTWBB
@umichwbball
@IowaWBB

According to Acadia, when asked if she would consider joining her sister at MTSU (before the transfer was announced):

Quote:
"I kind of want to get away and do my own thing," Acacia said. "I'm very independent. Things turn out different sometimes."

Who knows how accurate that is.

https://www.dnj.com/story/sports/high-school/2021/01/05/acacia-hayes-top-women-basketball-schools-kentucky-mississippi-state-lsu-north-carolina/4122473001/

summertime blues

PostPosted: 03/27/21 5:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

We’ll see if Daddy Dearest lets her. I think that was what Alasia said too.

Which makes me wonder if any of the younger Joens sisters will be allowed to go anywhere but Iowa State.

PostPosted: 03/27/21 6:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Pureformofthegame wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
Stormeo wrote:

Quote:

I don’t know where we’d put them next year unless someone is leaving. https://wbbblog.com/michigan-womens-basketball-recruiting/

undersized_post

PostPosted: 03/27/21 6:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
We’ll see if Daddy Dearest lets her. I think that was what Alasia said too.

Which makes me wonder if any of the younger Joens sisters will be allowed to go anywhere but Iowa State.

The oldest Joens sister Courtney played at Illinois. Graduated a year ago I think.

Pureformofthegame

PostPosted: 03/28/21 8:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FrozenLVFan wrote:
@HailStateWBK
@uncwbb
@ClemsonWBB
@LSUwbkb
@KentuckyWBB
@GTWBB
@umichwbball
@IowaWBB

Personally, my guess is Kentucky, it makes the most sense for the family logistically.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 03/28/21 10:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Pureformofthegame wrote:
FrozenLVFan wrote:
@HailStateWBK
@uncwbb
@ClemsonWBB
@LSUwbkb
@KentuckyWBB
@GTWBB
@umichwbball
@IowaWBB

Personally, my guess is Kentucky, it makes the most sense for the family logistically.

I dunno. Kyra has lived close enough to Tennessee to hear the "word" the entire time. I don't think so. I vote for Clemson. Butler is desperate enough to take all of them.

PostPosted: 03/28/21 11:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
Pureformofthegame wrote:
FrozenLVFan wrote:
@HailStateWBK
@uncwbb
@ClemsonWBB
@LSUwbkb
@KentuckyWBB
@GTWBB
@umichwbball
@IowaWBB

I dunno. Kyra has lived close enough to Tennessee to hear the "word" the entire time. I don't think so. I vote for Clemson. Butler is desperate enough to take all of them.

Laughing Laughing Laughing

I'm a little surprised to see Iowa on the list. I don't think the Hayes sisters will be content as the backups to the Caitlin Clark show.

PUmatty

PostPosted: 03/28/21 11:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
On the same day Purdue announces their coaching plan, Karissa McLaughlin announces she is transferring. She was injured most of this season, but was First Team All-Conference last year. She made more 3s than anyone else in program history (including the likes of Steph White and Katie Douglas).

Some program is going to get a good player.

Fatou Diagne has also entered the portal from Purdue. She is the third Purdue player to transfer. Was an honorable mention Big 10 player this year.

undersized_post

PostPosted: 03/28/21 12:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
On the same day Purdue announces their coaching plan, Karissa McLaughlin announces she is transferring. She was injured most of this season, but was First Team All-Conference last year. She made more 3s than anyone else in program history (including the likes of Steph White and Katie Douglas).

Fatou Diagne has also entered the portal from Purdue. She is the third Purdue player to transfer. Was an honorable mention Big 10 player this year.

I thought she was already a redshirt senior? Using her extra year of Covid eligibility?

Queenie

PostPosted: 03/28/21 12:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Pureformofthegame wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
Stormeo wrote:

Quote:

That family going to Michigan ends with Larry Arico fistfighting Daddy Hayes, doesn't it?

(please don't be that stupid, Kim, please don't be that stupid, the "recruit one sister to get the better sister" trick didn't work when you used it at St. John's)

PostPosted: 03/28/21 8:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

undersized_post wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
PUmatty wrote:

I thought she was already a redshirt senior? Using her extra year of Covid eligibility?

She was, so it must be.

Pureformofthegame

PostPosted: 03/29/21 7:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Pureformofthegame wrote:
FrozenLVFan wrote:
@HailStateWBK
@uncwbb
@ClemsonWBB
@LSUwbkb
@KentuckyWBB
@GTWBB
@umichwbball
@IowaWBB

Now I’m all confused, I noticed that Jeff Walz ‘liked’ a comment on Twitter made by stage Daddy. ...on game day no less. Soooooo??!

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 03/29/21 10:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Pureformofthegame wrote:
Pureformofthegame wrote:
FrozenLVFan wrote:
@HailStateWBK
@uncwbb
@ClemsonWBB
@LSUwbkb
@KentuckyWBB
@GTWBB
@umichwbball
@IowaWBB

Now I’m all confused, I noticed that Jeff Walz ‘liked’ a comment on Twitter made by stage Daddy. ...on game day no less. Soooooo??!

Maybe #4 is planning to go to one of those schools, and the other 3 are packaged for ? Mama "likes" a lot of tweets from/about dozens of schools.

PG4ever

PostPosted: 03/29/21 12:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Re: the rumor about the Hayes sisters to Michigan, no way. I'd be shocked if KBA is pursuing them.

Tech question: How do you embed the post you're replying to in your own post?

undersized_post

PostPosted: 03/29/21 12:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PG4ever wrote:
Re: the rumor about the Hayes sisters to Michigan, no way. I'd be shocked if KBA is pursuing them.

Tech question: How do you embed the post you're replying to in your own post?

Answer to tech question: Go to post you're replying to and hit the "quote" button on the top-right.

undersized_post

PostPosted: 03/29/21 1:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://www.nunesmagician.com/2021/3/29/22356694/syracuse-orange-womens-basketball-kiara-lewis-amaya-finklea-guity-enter-transfer-portal-per-reports

Syracuse players Kiara Lewis & Amaya Finklea-Guity enter transfer portal, joining teammates Emily Engstler, Taleah Washington, and Faith Blackstone.

https://www.syracuse.com/orangewomen/2021/03/syracuse-womens-basketball-lands-commitment-from-usc-transfer-guard-shalexxus-aaron.html

Going to the other direction, guard Shalexxus Aaron transfers to Syracuse (from USC).

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 03/29/21 2:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

undersized_post wrote:
https://www.nunesmagician.com/2021/3/29/22356694/syracuse-orange-womens-basketball-kiara-lewis-amaya-finklea-guity-enter-transfer-portal-per-reports

Syracuse players Kiara Lewis & Amaya Finklea-Guity enter transfer portal, joining teammates Emily Engstler, Taleah Washington, and Faith Blackstone.

Also Maeva Djaldi-Tabdi and Digna Strautmane. That’s a full reload. Of all these, most would have graduated anyway but Engstler is the tough loss. Will Q be able to keep Williams and Cardosa. Has a solid class arriving next year.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 5 of 19

Jump to: