RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Transfers/Injuries/Sit-Outs 2020-21
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Queenie

PostPosted: 03/20/21 9:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
Queenie wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:
Queenie wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:
Three from ND in the portal. (Sorry no info, dr. came in.)

I think those are the three NoDakState listed above: Abdur-Rahim, Campbell, Hayes.

Thanks. Sorry, I just didn't go back far enough. The article I read said that it had been posted two hours prior to my post. Guess I shouldn't count on that being correct. Wink Laughing

I get my transfer news from Raoul's transfer tracker. It's extremely up to date and I don't ask questions as to how they get the info.

It isn't always. I looked for info several times on some I knew about long before he had it and it wasn't there. Local news had it before he did.

Fair enough. My post came on the heels of "my team had two transfers listed out on Thursday and three on Friday" (which was also accompanied by loud swearing).

PostPosted: 03/22/21 11:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PickledGinger wrote:
Just noticed that Eva Hodgson has entered the portal. She averaged 20+ ppg as a sophomore at William & Mary in 2020 before opting out this season due to COVID. She'll have 2 years of eligibility and would be a quality pickup for a lot of P5 schools.

I believe I mentioned Eva Hodgson awhile back. She's a terrific player who lost her season this year. She about killed JMU a couple times.

And JMU's Rayne Tucker (6'2 F/C) has indeed entered the transfer portal. Good luck to her. Some coach will really be getting a gem. She can block, rebound, and score.

PostPosted: 03/24/21 9:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Alli Campbell transferring from ND to Penn State

https://www.ndinsider.com/basketball/womens/notre-dames-campbell-to-transfer-to-penn-state-two-others-in-transfer-portal/article_1a7c052f-2799-5a30-a0f4-70c7eebbb009.html

PostPosted: 03/24/21 3:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

okstateguy wrote:

https://www.ndinsider.com/basketball/womens/notre-dames-campbell-to-transfer-to-penn-state-two-others-in-transfer-portal/article_1a7c052f-2799-5a30-a0f4-70c7eebbb009.html

Great get for Carolyn Kieger. She's going to build a program there.

Amanda Butler's job got harder as Shania Meertens, Nique Cherry and Tyler Bennett have entered the portal. That puts Clemson at 6 players transferring out of the program.

Illinois is losing 3, including 2 starters, as J-Naya Ephraim, Aaliyah McQueen and Kennedi Myles are leavin the program.

PostPosted: 03/24/21 8:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PickledGinger wrote:
okstateguy wrote:

Great get for Carolyn Kieger. She's going to build a program there.

Amanda Butler's job got harder as Shania Meertens, Nique Cherry and Tyler Bennett have entered the portal. That puts Clemson at 6 players transferring out of the program.

Illinois is losing 3, including 2 starters, as J-Naya Ephraim, Aaliyah McQueen and Kennedi Myles are leavin the program.

Did you count freshman Claire Neff as a transfer out of Clemson? I know she never played but she left in November of 2020 after deciding it was definitely not the program for her after all. ( Since she hadn’t played a game, the NCAA granted her a waiver and she was able to join JMU’s team in the second semester and play starting in February.)

PostPosted: 03/25/21 3:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/Raoul_000/status/1375174085689360386

Quote:
Middle Tennessee WBB's Anastasia Hayes (5-7 RS JR guard, Murfreesboro, TN [grad xfer]) and Aislynn Hayes (5-6 SO guard, Murfreesboro, TN) have joined their sister Alasia Hayes (ex-Notre Dame) in the portal.

Shocked I have to wonder if this is completely the making of their parent(s). There's just something off about this family...

Queenie

PostPosted: 03/25/21 4:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:

Quote:
Middle Tennessee WBB's Anastasia Hayes (5-7 RS JR guard, Murfreesboro, TN [grad xfer]) and Aislynn Hayes (5-6 SO guard, Murfreesboro, TN) have joined their sister Alasia Hayes (ex-Notre Dame) in the portal.

Shocked I have to wonder if this is completely the making of their parent(s). There's just something off about this family...

Wasn't there a thing where the eldest sister's commitment was originally hinged on the school committing to all four sisters? Maybe that came up again.

PostPosted: 03/25/21 4:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
Stormeo wrote:

Quote:

Wasn't there a thing where the eldest sister's commitment was originally hinged on the school committing to all four sisters? Maybe that came up again.

Yes, back when Annie enrolled at Tenn.

UK1996

PostPosted: 03/25/21 5:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

With all the Hayes sisters in the transfer portal, is it safe to assume if you want one you have to take them all? It’s an old article but still relevant.
https://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/high-school/2016/08/24/four-hayes-sisters-get-di-basketball-scholarship-offers/89245740/

PostPosted: 03/25/21 5:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UK1996 wrote:
With all the Hayes sisters in the transfer portal, is it safe to assume if you want one you have to take them all? It’s an old article but still relevant.
https://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/high-school/2016/08/24/four-hayes-sisters-get-di-basketball-scholarship-offers/89245740/

PickledGinger wrote:

Hmmm. This could solve Amanda's problems in a hurry....a match made in h________ -- you pick. Razz Laughing

PostPosted: 03/25/21 6:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:

Quote:

You better believe it is. If you thought Diamond DeShields had a stage daddy, or if you think Ashley Joens has a “sports dad”, neither one of them is a patch on this dude. If I were a coach I wouldn’t touch any of the kids at this point. I guess he doesn’t think word gets around...

PostPosted: 03/25/21 7:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Daddy Joens was kicked out of the CyHawk match up in Iowa City this year before the game even started because he was complaining and Not complying with Covid protocols.

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 03/25/21 7:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kendall Bostic, 6 foot two FR, is transferring from Michigan State. She played pretty well against Iowa during the Big Ten tournament but in general I think she just got buried on the bench behind some of the sophomores and transfers that Merchant brought in. I don’t know if this means that Alisa Smith, Who transferred in from Penn State is going to exercise her extra year of eligibility per Covid protocols and stay with the Spartans for 21-22.

undersized_post

PostPosted: 03/25/21 8:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:
Kendall Bostic, 6 foot two FR, is transferring from Michigan State. She played pretty well against Iowa during the Big Ten tournament but in general I think she just got buried on the bench behind some of the sophomores and transfers that Merchant brought in. I don’t know if this means that Alisa Smith, Who transferred in from Penn State is going to exercise her extra year of eligibility per Covid protocols and stay with the Spartans for 21-22.

Interesting--12 minutes for a freshman role-player coming off the bench seems pretty good to me! She did have quite a game against Iowa. She was completely off my radar then comes in and shoots 6 for 9. She's was almost the X-factor that beat us. Iowa could really use a forward with her size.... Twisted Evil

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 03/26/21 11:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Emily Engstler, into portal from Syracuse.

Ouch.

undersized_post

PostPosted: 03/26/21 11:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:

Ouch.

https://twitter.com/raoul_000/status/1375481014533959689?s=21

Shades

PostPosted: 03/26/21 11:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:

Ouch.

She can follow Sissoko out to Minnesota if she’d like.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
ucbart

PostPosted: 03/26/21 12:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

undersized_post wrote:
NoDakSt wrote:

Ouch.

https://twitter.com/raoul_000/status/1375481014533959689?s=21

UGHHHHHHH! I think this might be the beginning of a mass exodus from Syracuse. I'm waiting for Priscilla Williams to announce her departure as well. OF course, this is all speculation on my part, buttttttt.

Man, Q really dropped the ball on Engstler, IMO. She is the best player on that team and has been since she arrived. Last year and this year he should've done everything to make her the first option, whether to score or pass. She is absolutely awesome from the high post. She can shoot, drive, and pass from there. Syracuse has relied on ball dominant guards for too long. I like Tiana and Lewis, but unfortunately, they didn't set up the offense, they WERE the offense. DAMN!! She is absolutely my favorite non-UCONN player. However, I think it was the right decision. She can play in the W and he just wasn't getting her ready for that. I hope she stays wherever she goes for two years. IMO, she could be a lottery pick in 2023.

Syracuse had FF talent this year, but unfortunately, they didn't get coached properly.

Shades

PostPosted: 03/26/21 2:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Bbgy9Dteo1E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
summertime blues

PostPosted: 03/26/21 2:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What year is Engstler? Is she one of those who has completed college in three years and thus technically a grad transfer even if she has a couple of years remaining?

PostPosted: 03/26/21 8:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

On the same day Purdue announces their coaching plan, Karissa McLaughlin announces she is transferring. She was injured most of this season, but was First Team All-Conference last year. She made more 3s than anyone else in program history (including the likes of Steph White and Katie Douglas).

Some program is going to get a good player.

tfan

PostPosted: 03/26/21 9:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
What year is Engstler? Is she one of those who has completed college in three years and thus technically a grad transfer even if she has a couple of years remaining?

Emily Engstler, Faith Blackstone enter transfer portal; other Syracuse players could follow

Quote:
Syracuse junior Emily Engstler has entered the transfer portal, according to Tondelaya George, the mother of Orange freshman Faith Blackstone.

Engstler’s decision to explore a transfer was not expected.

PickledGinger

PostPosted: 03/26/21 9:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

A third starter in Jaenae Terry is leaving Illinois. No sense staying on a ship that's already been sunk.

Texas Tech's had a mass defection as well. Not looking like an easy rebuild for Krista Gerlich.

Last edited by PickledGinger on 03/27/21 2:00 am; edited 1 time in total
tfan

PostPosted: 03/26/21 11:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PickledGinger wrote:
A third starter in Jaenae Terry is leaving Illinois. No sense staying on a ship that's already been sunk.

Are you referring to something besides record because I think Illinois was a bad team back when those recruits committed?

PickledGinger

PostPosted: 03/27/21 1:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
PickledGinger wrote:

Are you referring to something besides record because I think Illinois was a bad team back when those recruits committed?

Oh, no. I think maybe the proper wording would have been "staying on a sunken ship." No disrespect for to Nancy Fahey, she's done what she could.

I would love for Illinois to be better. Chicagoland is a hugely untapped market for WBB. All respect to DePaul but they're not a Power 5 team.

But why is Illinois / Urbana-Champaign so hard to build a program in?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 4 of 19

Jump to: