RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

#8 Oklahoma St vs #1 Stanford - 3/23/21

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 03/22/21 11:23 pm    ::: #8 Oklahoma St vs #1 Stanford - 3/23/21 Reply Reply with quote

NCAA Tournament Second Round
Alamo Region
San Antonio, TX - 9:00 PM ET

TV: ESPN2 (Tiffany Greene, Steffi Sorensen)

Video stream:
https://www.espn.com/watch/player/_/id/8d568c96-0f66-4680-b2fc-527a2f1edc6a#bucketId=1 (tvpli)

Live stats:
https://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/game?gameId=401311216

https://www.ncaa.com/game/5815097

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
pilight

PostPosted: 03/23/21 8:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

17-16 Card after one

PostPosted: 03/23/21 8:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Cant lie the more and more I watch Cameron Brink the more I like that freshmen. She will be a star along side Betts in her ladder years!

PostPosted: 03/23/21 8:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

well, we're looking pretty lackadaisical. Hope we decide to show up. Ki has been pretty uninvolved until the last two plays. I hate it when we try to have Haley Jones play point forward.

Howee

PostPosted: 03/23/21 8:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That was some skanky reffing, with that 'charge' on Brink. Laughing Love to watch her play.

PostPosted: 03/23/21 8:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

42-27 Card at the half

PostPosted: 03/23/21 8:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dammit, every time I tune into a game when it’s close, one team picks up and runs away with it. There hasn’t been a close one all day. And why couldn’t they stagger the evening games?

PostPosted: 03/23/21 9:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
Dammit, every time I tune into a game when it’s close, one team picks up and runs away with it. There hasn’t been a close one all day. And why couldn’t they stagger the evening games?

That was me the other day. "Holy crap Mercer is hanging tight with South Carolina!" *11-0 South Carolina run or whatever it was*

(now with spelling variations)
myrtle

PostPosted: 03/23/21 9:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Having Haley dribble the ball or set up the offense is just disastrous.

undersized_post

PostPosted: 03/23/21 9:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Williams limps off the floor after tweaking her ankle.... Hope she is OK!!!

myrtle

PostPosted: 03/23/21 9:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

horrible quarter for us. Prechtal does more harm than good.

Hopefully the Kiana injury is not serious. Without her we are mediocre at best.

undersized_post

PostPosted: 03/23/21 9:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:

She'd certainly be welcome to transfer to my school, if that's how you feel Laughing

myrtle

PostPosted: 03/23/21 9:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

undersized_post wrote:
myrtle wrote:

She'd certainly be welcome to transfer to my school, if that's how you feel Laughing

Trade for Clark? deal!

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 03/23/21 9:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:

Without her we are mediocre at best.

Hyperbolis giganticus.
undersized_post

PostPosted: 03/23/21 9:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
undersized_post wrote:
myrtle wrote:

Trade for Clark? deal!

on second thought ... maybe not Wink

Last edited by undersized_post on 03/23/21 9:52 pm; edited 2 times in total
pilight

PostPosted: 03/23/21 9:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

OK St should have started fouling a possession earlier than they did

PostPosted: 03/23/21 9:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ki limps on out. Hopefully treatment helps.

Stormeo

PostPosted: 03/23/21 9:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Welp, at least Mack got her double-double in her last game. Excited to see where you get drafted, Natasha!

Anna Wilson... Some days I wish she were flashy enough offensively to be a Draft prospect since she’s so elite defensively. Other days, I remember that literally every broadcaster/commentator in the pros wouldn’t be able to stop calling her “Russell Wilson’s little sister” in that exact phrasing, so maybe it’s better she isn't. And would you look at that – half of these postgame interview questions to her are centered around her brother. Rolling Eyes

But speaking of Draft prospects, I once again have to rant about Kiana Williams for a sec. She would be so much more interesting a pro prospect as a pass-first PG with a more defined shot selection. I hate, hate, HATE it when she just jacks up shots when it’s not as a direct result of a heat check. They just don’t go in! I am a little disappointed that VanDerveer has always sort of just let Williams do that throughout her career.

Iluvacc

PostPosted: 03/23/21 10:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
Welp, at least Mack got her double-double in her last game. Excited to see where you get drafted, Natasha!

Anna Wilson... Some days I wish she were flashy enough offensively to be a Draft prospect since she’s so elite defensively. Other days, I remember that literally every broadcaster/commentator in the pros wouldn’t be able to stop calling her “Russell Wilson’s little sister” in that exact phrasing, so maybe it’s better she isn't. And would you look at that – half of these postgame interview questions to her are centered around her brother. Rolling Eyes

But speaking of Draft prospects, I once again have to rant about Kiana Williams for a sec. She would be so much more interesting a pro prospect as a pass-first PG with a more defined shot selection. I hate, hate, HATE it when she just jacks up shots when it’s not as a direct result of a heat check. They just don’t go in! I am a little disappointed that VanDerveer has always sort of just let Williams do that throughout her career.

Tara has always been very high on Kiana.

myrtle

PostPosted: 03/23/21 11:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:

Anna Wilson... Some days I wish she were flashy enough offensively to be a Draft prospect since she’s so elite defensively.

To me, I think someone should take a look at her. She can make threes at a high clip as well as the defending. It's always puzzling to me why Stanford doesn't use her more on the offensive end since she's clearly capable.

Stormeo

PostPosted: 03/24/21 12:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Stormeo wrote:

Anna Wilson... Some days I wish she were flashy enough offensively to be a Draft prospect since she’s so elite defensively.

To me, I think someone should take a look at her. She can make threes at a high clip as well as the defending. It's always puzzling to me why Stanford doesn't use her more on the offensive end since she's clearly capable.

I actually think she deserves a look, too. She was a 5-star prospect, and has the makings of a legit 3-and-D player – any coach would want that kind of player, especially since they don't grow on trees. $10 says she at least ends up in the Storm training camp this summer, particularly if we don't draft Kiana Williams. We certainly have a history of giving Stanford products a look (Jos Tinkle, Mikaela Ruef, most recently Brittany McPhee who like Wilson was a Seattle-area prospect). We'll probably look at one if not both Hull twins when it's their time. Laughing

But yeah, I too wish TVD had Wilson score more. Maybe she thinks that shooting more would take away from her defense (or take away shots from Williams Confused ) – who knows. Wilson's PPG is just so low though... I know she's already a 5th-year player, but maybe she'd consider grad-transferring to a program that would let her be more of a go-to player? Or maybe she's poised to call it quits on her playing days after the season. Whether she does or not, hopefully it ends the way she wants it to!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: