RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Geno Tests Positive for Covid

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IM in OC

PostPosted: 03/15/21 4:11 pm    ::: Geno Tests Positive for Covid Reply Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/UConnWBB/status/1371565937409757185

undersized_post

PostPosted: 03/15/21 4:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/story/_/id/31071404/uconn-huskies-geno-auriemma-tests-positive-covid-19-ahead-ncaa-women-basketball-tournament

same story on espn

osubeavers

PostPosted: 03/15/21 4:41 pm    ::: Re: Geno Tests Positive for Covid Reply Reply with quote

IM in OC wrote:
https://twitter.com/UConnWBB/status/1371565937409757185

Geno is 66 and in apparently good health. Hope he suffers no ill effects.

PostPosted: 03/15/21 4:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UCONN assistant coaches are more than competent to handle the team if Geno is absent for an extended time.

PostPosted: 03/15/21 7:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

My heart goes out to Geno and I hope he's OK...but I'm pissed that this is now going to become "the story" of the first two rounds. As if the media needed another reason to focus on UConn Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 03/15/21 7:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

undersized_post wrote:
My heart goes out to Geno and I hope he's OK...but I'm pissed that this is now going to become "the story" of the first two rounds. As if the media needed another reason to focus on UConn Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

They actually talked about it less tonight during the Selection Show than I was expecting.

And where's the discussion about the brackets tonight on here? I miss that Sad

undersized_post

PostPosted: 03/15/21 7:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Marquette Fan wrote:
undersized_post wrote:

They actually talked about it less tonight during the Selection Show than I was expecting.

I'll start a thread!!!

Re: Geno. The second hour of coverage from 8-9pmET on ESPNU spent the first 7 minutes discussing Geno.

ucbart

PostPosted: 03/15/21 7:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

undersized_post wrote:

ESPN no longer like UCONN, Dawn Staley and SC are now the darlings of Bristol

willtalk

PostPosted: 03/15/21 9:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

undersized_post wrote:
Marquette Fan wrote:
undersized_post wrote:

I'll start a thread!!!

Re: Geno. The second hour of coverage from 8-9pmET on ESPNU spent the first 7 minutes discussing Geno.
The rest of the time was spent on a video on Di Di, her injury and recovery. Some time was spent on Baylor and some spent interviewing the Georga coach. the said they would do a bracket breakdown tomorrow. I guess they need a day of prep to do analysis.

PostPosted: 03/15/21 9:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

undersized_post wrote:
Marquette Fan wrote:
undersized_post wrote:

I'll start a thread!!!

The rest of the time was spent on a video on Di Di, her injury and recovery. Some time was spent on Baylor and some spent interviewing the Georga coach. the said they would do a bracket breakdown tomorrow. I guess they need a day of prep to do analysis.

Geno is a systems coach. He does a lot of pregame preperation but very little in game adjustments. The team should be fine without him.

PostPosted: 03/15/21 10:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The DiDi bit was really moving. Amazing story. Amazing recovery. I remember back when we first heard about the accident and thought it was unlikely she would play this year.

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 03/18/21 12:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UConn assistant coach Shea Ralph has left the San Antonio bubble and returned home because a member of her family has tested positive for Covid.

https://uconnhuskies.com/news/2021/3/17/womens-basketball-shea-ralph-to-return-home-due-to-family-matter.aspx

It's unclear to me what this means as to her returning to the tournament. Can she return without quarantining somewhere for some period of time? For what game can she return at the earliest? The earliest Geno can return is for the third game.

UConn is left with two coaches, Dailey and Elliott.
robertoclementeforever

PostPosted: 03/18/21 10:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
UConn assistant coach Shea Ralph has left the San Antonio bubble and returned home because a member of her family has tested positive for Covid.

https://uconnhuskies.com/news/2021/3/17/womens-basketball-shea-ralph-to-return-home-due-to-family-matter.aspx

It's unclear to me what this means as to her returning to the tournament. Can she return without quarantining somewhere for some period of time? For what game can she return at the earliest? The earliest Geno can return is for the third game.

Dailey is 10-0 when taking over for Geno. Elliot has nine years experience as a HC at Cincinnati in addition to her NC's as a UConn player and Assistant Coach. The Team is in great shape physically and emotionally. The first two games are a foregone conclusion. Geno will be back for the third game. This situation is nothing more than a mere hiccup.

My primary concern is for the players. May they stay healthy and able to participate in the Tournament.

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 03/18/21 11:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:

I'm sure Shea will have to quarantine and be tested daily, but I don't know how long. Are the rules published somewhere?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: