Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 24, 25, 26  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
myrtle

PostPosted: 03/17/21 10:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
myrtle wrote:
Stormeo wrote:
myrtle wrote:
Russell has shown she can be good in certain situations against certain lineups. I don't see her as your 30 min/game starting center. JMO

Russell was at her best in 2019 as our starting center, where she averaged 25 min/game. She wasn't as effective off the bench in limited minutes this past season. But now, Russell could probably play closer to 20-25 min/game as the starter again, with Magbegor getting the rest of the center minutes. Should work out fine imo.

yeah, her best numbers: 7 pts, 6 rebs... is that really what you want from a starter?

One person's garbage is another person's treasure.🤑

Rocky Road, does that mean you'd trade them Dolson for her? [just asking for a friend]

Michelle89

PostPosted: 03/18/21 4:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Stormeo wrote:
myrtle wrote:
Russell has shown she can be good in certain situations against certain lineups. I don't see her as your 30 min/game starting center. JMO

Russell was at her best in 2019 as our starting center, where she averaged 25 min/game. She wasn't as effective off the bench in limited minutes this past season. But now, Russell could probably play closer to 20-25 min/game as the starter again, with Magbegor getting the rest of the center minutes. Should work out fine imo.

yeah, her best numbers: 7 pts, 6 rebs... is that really what you want from a starter?

A starter who barely got any touches. Just like with Howard in the beginning they didnt run anything for Russell. I dont mind if Russell plays the Camille Little role (in 2010) I really liked what i saw on the defensive end last season. She was our best defender on Aja Wilson in the playoffs and we are going to need her against Cambage and Griner Surprised

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Rock Hard

PostPosted: 03/18/21 6:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:
myrtle wrote:
Stormeo wrote:
myrtle wrote:

One person's garbage is another person's treasure.🤑

Rocky Road, does that mean you'd trade them Dolson for her? [just asking for a friend]

There are 100 parsecs separation between what I like and what James Wade likes.

PostPosted: 03/18/21 11:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:

UMMC has Meesseman and JJ thatplay minutes at the 4 position aswell and Griner and Vadeeva taking minutes at the 5. So for them its a luxury that Stewie can play on the perimeter as well so that they can go with their insane big line up.

Seattle has luxuries as well with Rusell and Magbegor at the 5. You may think UMMC is “insane big”, but who wins every year? Who’s gonna win this year? The big team.

Michelle89 wrote:
I can see Stewie playing minutes at SF but hopefully not more then 10 min per game. She is best at the 4 spot

Stewart has flexibility where she can play, whereas Russell and Dupree aren’t as flexible. Where does Russell play best at? How about Dupree? I used to push for Dupree playing the three at Indiana, so they could play McCowan, Achonwa, and Dupree at the same time, but it rarely happened, if ever. Do you really think they paid Dupree $170K to shine Stewart’s shoes? Stewart’s a 35mpg player, if needed. That would make Dupree an expensive insurance policy. Not buying it.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
TDAO

PostPosted: 03/18/21 2:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I would expect to see Dupree/Stewart as the 4/5 some, particularly if (when?) Magbegor is away for national team duties during the first half of the regular season. As with Stewart and Howard, not really sure it matters which one gets called the center, as they'll just match up based on the strengths and weaknesses of the opposing frontcourt.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 03/19/21 10:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

TDAO wrote:
I would expect to see Dupree/Stewart as the 4/5 some, particularly if (when?) Magbegor is away for national team duties during the first half of the regular season. As with Stewart and Howard, not really sure it matters which one gets called the center, as they'll just match up based on the strengths and weaknesses of the opposing frontcourt.

This. Also i dont see Russell or Dupree playing more then 25 minutes per game. Russell played 25 minutes in 2019 with Stewie out

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Shades

PostPosted: 03/19/21 2:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WfanFrJmp

PostPosted: 03/21/21 9:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I haven't seen KLS in Euroleague play this year but was pleasantly surprised that she was in the MVP discussion. Here are some great clips of her this week:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CMsHFcqomCD/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

IM in OC

PostPosted: 03/21/21 9:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WfanFrJmp wrote:
I haven't seen KLS in Euroleague play this year but was pleasantly surprised that she was in the MVP discussion. Here are some great clips of her this week:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CMsHFcqomCD/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

The instagrams videos you posted were from the recent bubble, this past week, vs the other team from Spain, Spar Girona

This is a video, a bit longer in length from the first two Euroleague bubbles.

They were games vs two Russian teams and a Turkish team.

the semis and finals are April 16th and 18th

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_gZV35kr0I&list=WL&index=81

mavcarter
#NATC

PostPosted: 03/21/21 11:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I might be one of the few that think there’s something there with Katie Lou..

PostPosted: 03/22/21 12:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:

What you been smokin' on? Twisted Evil

craigmont

PostPosted: 03/22/21 12:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

What do you think of a Loyd for Slooty trade if Slooty wants to go to SEA?
I figure something’s gotta give over in CHI next year with all their 2018 grads seeking more money next year. Got a feeling Slooty may wanna go if Quigley isn’t retained in CHI.

I have no idea why Seattle would want to do that.

PickledGinger

PostPosted: 03/22/21 2:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

craigmont wrote:
Shades wrote:

I figure something’s gotta give over in CHI next year with all their 2018 grads seeking more money next year. Got a feeling Slooty may wanna go if Quigley isn’t retained in CHI.

As a Seattle-area resident who has been watching CVS since she was a freshman in High School, part of me would love to see her in Seattle. But she is the Chicago Sky. Way moreso than Fowles or Delle Donne ever were, Vandersloot is the core and soul of the Sky franshise. I would love to see her win a champiosnship there, honestly. But if she doesn't she's stilla record setter there now and will continue to be.

PostPosted: 03/22/21 9:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SDHoops wrote:
mavcarter wrote:

What you been smokin' on? Twisted Evil

Hey, I didn’t say she has All-WNBA capabilities. Razz

PostPosted: 03/22/21 6:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

craigmont wrote:
Shades wrote:

It’s more why would Chicago want to do that, which I touched on. They have to make hard choices next year on who they want to keep. Losing Dolson (if she isn’t great this year) won’t be enough to make up for all those 2018 draft players looking for raises next year. So maybe they go young and let Sloot and Quigs go?

This all predicates on Bird retiring after this season. If she doesn’t then the timing is screwed up. But if she does retire, the timing is perfect for such a move. Vandersloot has strong SEA ties (seems to be the theme lately with Parker going “home”) and many consider Sloot the best PG in the league. But if SEA believes in Canada long term, then maybe it’s not such a great idea for them.

I’m not sure how viable such a move would be, but nothing is impossible if both parties want it bad enough. I just thought it was a cool idea. Not suggesting it’s likely to happen.

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 03/22/21 7:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
craigmont wrote:
Shades wrote:

It’s more why would Chicago want to do that, which I touched on. They have to make hard choices next year on who they want to keep. Losing Dolson (if she isn’t great this year) won’t be enough to make up for all those 2018 draft players looking for raises next year. So maybe they go young and let Sloot and Quigs go?

This all predicates on Bird retiring after this season. If she doesn’t then the timing is screwed up. But if she does retire, the timing is perfect for such a move. Vandersloot has strong SEA ties (seems to be the theme lately with Parker going “home”) and many consider Sloot the best PG in the league. But if SEA believes in Canada long term, then maybe it’s not such a great idea for them.

I’m not sure how viable such a move would be, but nothing is impossible if both parties want it bad enough. I just thought it was a cool idea. Not suggesting it’s likely to happen.

I don't think it is that weird of a thought

Sloot and Quigley also play over-seas with Stewart

If Sloot wants to go to Seattle and Stewart likes the idea it seems very possible. I don't think Loyd has to leave Seattle for it to happen either. Seattle might also be able to pay Sloot and Quigley in way Chicago probably will not.

Is Sloot past her coring max? just being able to sign in Seattle would be a real steal. (Maybe possibly too many max players if Stewart and Loyd both go max as well). If Chicago doesn't think it can afford Sloot, Quigley and Deshields, Williams and Stevens, moving on from Sloot/Quilgey for just Loyd could save them some money. (For Chicago it may depend on who they get t #8 and how much promise they show). Loyd might fit the timeline of the younger core in Chicago better as well.

OTOH after acquiring Parker for two season Chicago might want to keeps its best players through her tenure and really push for a ship.

I am also not saying it will happen, but I can think of reasons for both sides that it might be explored

Last edited by J-Spoon on 03/22/21 7:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 03/22/21 7:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That's not even remotely a cool idea. I actually like Vandersloot: she's the one point guard that I'd be cool with holding the assist title, who's not named Ticha Penicheiro. I don't want to have to hate on her.

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
craigmont

PostPosted: 03/23/21 12:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't give a crap what Chicago needs. Leave Jewell alone. Evil or Very Mad

Michelle89

PostPosted: 03/23/21 3:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
Shades wrote:
craigmont wrote:
Shades wrote:

I don't think it is that weird of a thought

Sloot and Quigley also play over-seas with Stewart

If Sloot wants to go to Seattle and Stewart likes the idea it seems very possible. I don't think Loyd has to leave Seattle for it to happen either. Seattle might also be able to pay Sloot and Quigley in way Chicago probably will not.

Is Sloot past her coring max? just being able to sign in Seattle would be a real steal. (Maybe possibly too many max players if Stewart and Loyd both go max as well). If Chicago doesn't think it can afford Sloot, Quigley and Deshields, Williams and Stevens, moving on from Sloot/Quilgey for just Loyd could save them some money. (For Chicago it may depend on who they get t #8 and how much promise they show). Loyd might fit the timeline of the younger core in Chicago better as well.

OTOH after acquiring Parker for two season Chicago might want to keeps its best players through her tenure and really push for a ship.

I am also not saying it will happen, but I can think of reasons for both sides that it might be explored

I dont think Seattle has enough money to sign them both. Stewie and Loyd will both get (near) super max money and Birdy may stick around for another year if she is healthy(she will take a paycut though). Russell and Canada are getting a payraise aswell.

For me its certainly not worth giving up Loyd to get Sloot and Allie. They are both older and we lost already a lot of defensive firepower..

IM in OC

PostPosted: 03/23/21 8:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

In last weeks Euroleague round, quarterfinals, Sloot was not dressed nor on the bench for UMMC. Quigley was dressed, but only played in one of the 2 games in that round. Have no idea what the status of Sloot is, anyone else know?

Sparksfan

PostPosted: 03/23/21 9:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

IM in OC wrote:
In last weeks Euroleague round, quarterfinals, Sloot was not dressed nor on the bench for UMMC. Quigley was dressed, but only played in one of the 2 games in that round. Have no idea what the status of Sloot is, anyone else know?

Don't know her status but she did confirm her absence is not due to injury

Shades

PostPosted: 03/23/21 10:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

craigmont wrote:

She’s at DePaul (in Chicago) going to school. That’s another part of the cool aspect. Loyd has heavy Chicago ties. It’s not like she’d be devastated.

Shades

PostPosted: 03/23/21 10:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
Stewie and Loyd will both get (near) super max money and Birdy may stick around for another year if she is healthy (she will take a paycut though).

I thought Bird was taking a pay cut to keep players around this season, but that never happened. What makes you think it’ll happen next season?

Michelle89 wrote:
Russell and Canada are getting a payraise aswell.

Myrtle claims Russell isn’t worthy of minutes, and you wouldn’t need an expensive PG backup if you had Slooty. Nice trade assets.

Michelle89 wrote:
For me its certainly not worth giving up Loyd to get Sloot and Allie. They are both older and we lost already a lot of defensive firepower..

Both Sloot and Quigs have the fitness for Bird-length careers. Loyd working on her education during her presumed prime could be an indication that she’s getting ready for life after basketball.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 03/23/21 4:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
Stewie and Loyd will both get (near) super max money and Birdy may stick around for another year if she is healthy (she will take a paycut though).

I thought Bird was taking a pay cut to keep players around this season, but that never happened. What makes you think it’ll happen next season?

Michelle89 wrote:
Russell and Canada are getting a payraise aswell.

Myrtle claims Russell isn’t worthy of minutes, and you wouldn’t need an expensive PG backup if you had Slooty. Nice trade assets.

Michelle89 wrote:

Both Sloot and Quigs have the fitness for Bird-length careers. Loyd working on her education during her presumed prime could be an indication that she’s getting ready for life after basketball.

Bird was signed last so they could give others more if needed or to be flexibel in signing others. They ended up not going that route and they signed her to super max anyway. She said that in a recent article.

Again age. Russell and Canada are young and have lots of room for improvement.
I wouldnt be suprised if Sloot and Allie start a family soon

craigmont

PostPosted: 03/24/21 11:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
craigmont wrote:

She’s at DePaul (in Chicago) going to school. That’s another part of the cool aspect. Loyd has heavy Chicago ties. It’s not like she’d be devastated.

What I don't agree with is the assumption that we would just Jump At The Chance to trade Loyd for Vandersloot. Why is that a given? Not even close if you ask me.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 15 of 26

Jump to: