RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Celebrating that She Who Will Not Be Named is gone
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 02/27/21 8:46 pm    ::: Celebrating that She Who Will Not Be Named is gone Reply Reply with quote

Dear Moderators,

I know that the sale of the Atlanta Dream is being discussed on the Dream's page. But am I allowed to begin a separate thread celebrating how WONDERFUL, so incredibly WONDERFUL, it is that She Who Will Not Be Named is gone from the U.S. Senate and now gone from the WNBA?

If you feel you must, moderators, then by all means delete this thread and I will not utter a word of protest.

But I'd like this to be a thread where we can celebrate. I will limit my negativism and not go into detail about what a snake She Who Will Not Be Named is. So much better to offer praise for the courageous and outstanding leadership of players from the Dream and the rest of the WNBA. They were crucial in getting She Who Will Not Be Named out of the U.S. Senate, getting Raphael Warnock into the Senate, and getting She Who Will Not Be Named out of the WNBA.

Such sweet news.

PostPosted: 02/28/21 12:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The team catch-all threads are intended for things that aren't really worth having a whole thread devoted to. I think it's more tidy for the board, and makes team news easier to follow. But separate threads for bigger news items are fine.
Celebrate away. It's clearly a very big deal to a lot of players so I'm not going to stop fans from celebrating too.

PostPosted: 02/28/21 1:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
The team catch-all threads are intended for things that aren't really worth having a whole thread devoted to. I think it's more tidy for the board, and makes team news easier to follow. But separate threads for bigger news items are fine.
Celebrate away. It's clearly a very big deal to a lot of players so I'm not going to stop fans from celebrating too.

Thanks, Luuuc.

PostPosted: 02/28/21 2:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

πŸ˜œπŸ‘πŸ₯³ β›ΉπŸ»β€β™€οΈ πŸ˜ΊπŸ‘πŸ˜πŸ™Œ β›ΉπŸΌβ€β™€οΈπŸ€ͺπŸ’ͺ🀠 β›ΉπŸ½β€β™€οΈπŸ€© πŸ™πŸΌ πŸ˜Žβœ¨πŸ’ƒπŸ•ΊπŸ’«πŸŒžπŸ”₯πŸŒ‡ β›ΉπŸΎβ€β™€οΈ 🎊 πŸŽˆπŸŽ‰πŸ’— β›ΉπŸΏβ€β™€οΈ πŸ†’πŸ’―β˜‘οΈπŸ€

bluedevilaztecfan5

PostPosted: 02/28/21 10:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

πŸ™πŸ½πŸ™πŸ½ and the franchise is going to a player who sat out of last season for social justice, racial equity, and the Black Lives Matter movement!!! ❀️❀️

Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 02/28/21 11:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bluedevilaztecfan5 wrote:
πŸ™πŸ½πŸ™πŸ½ and the franchise is going to a player who sat out of last season for social justice, racial equity, and the Black Lives Matter movement!!! ❀️❀️

YES. I should have included that in my original post! Thanks!

PostPosted: 03/01/21 2:10 pm    ::: Re: Celebrating that She Who Will Not Be Named is gone Reply Reply with quote

Bob Lamm wrote:
Dear Moderators,

I know that the sale of the Atlanta Dream is being discussed on the Dream's page. But am I allowed to begin a separate thread celebrating how WONDERFUL, so incredibly WONDERFUL, it is that She Who Will Not Be Named is gone from the U.S. Senate and now gone from the WNBA?

If you feel you must, moderators, then by all means delete this thread and I will not utter a word of protest.

But I'd like this to be a thread where we can celebrate. I will limit my negativism and not go into detail about what a snake She Who Will Not Be Named is. So much better to offer praise for the courageous and outstanding leadership of players from the Dream and the rest of the WNBA. They were crucial in getting She Who Will Not Be Named out of the U.S. Senate, getting Raphael Warnock into the Senate, and getting She Who Will Not Be Named out of the WNBA.

Such sweet news.

Thank you Bob for bringing this here! Yes, the fact that Dream players were the key to getting "she-who-shall-not-be named" out of our Senate is an important milestone for our league. And now that retired Dream player Renee Montgomery has become part of the ownership group, the news just gets better and better. I'm hopeful the Dream can attract new fans to the seats - after we can sit in them again.

It IS time for dancing in the streets!

~rAf
Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 03/01/21 3:06 pm    ::: Re: Celebrating that She Who Will Not Be Named is gone Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
Thank you Bob for bringing this here! Yes, the fact that Dream players were the key to getting "she-who-shall-not-be named" out of our Senate is an important milestone for our league. And now that retired Dream player Renee Montgomery has become part of the ownership group, the news just gets better and better. I'm hopeful the Dream can attract new fans to the seats - after we can sit in them again.

It IS time for dancing in the streets!

You're welcome! Please count me as one New York Liberty fan who greatly admires the leading role the Atlanta Dream players courageously took against the co-owner of their team. And who greatly admires the social justice activism of Renee Montgomery.

I've always been proud to be a fan of the WNBA, but after all that happened last year I'm far more proud.

PostPosted: 03/01/21 4:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This is indeed cause for celebration and reason for all of us to root for the success of the Atlanta Dream (at least when they're not playing OUR team)

MuneravenMN
Champion Tipster

PostPosted: 03/02/21 5:00 pm    ::: Such Good News Reply Reply with quote

I hope she goes away and does quiet rich lady stuff and never shows up where I have to think about her again.

PostPosted: 03/02/21 5:43 pm    ::: Re: Such Good News Reply Reply with quote

MuneravenMN wrote:
I hope she goes away and does quiet rich lady stuff and never shows up where I have to think about her again.

Alas, She Who Will Not Be Named is not going away from Georgia politics and is going to cause more grief for that state. She has already shown in recent weeks that she will use her "rich lady" assets and privileges in terrible ways. But I feel confident she will at least stay away from the WNBA. That isn't enough, but it's great. And worth celebrating!

PostPosted: 03/06/21 12:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

New article on She Who Will Not Be Named, Renee Montgomery, and the Dream.

https://www.thenation.com/article/society/kelly-loeffler-wnba-montgomery/

PostPosted: 03/09/21 10:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bob Lamm wrote:
New article on She Who Will Not Be Named, Renee Montgomery, and the Dream.

https://www.thenation.com/article/society/kelly-loeffler-wnba-montgomery/

Where we used to have opinion pieces with some news (e.g. quotes) for reference to the opinion, we now get whatever the choir wants to hear preached to boost ratings and get clicks.

Quote:
Loeffler ran her campaign using not so much a racist dog whistle as a racist foghorn

Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 03/09/21 11:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm proud to be in the "choir" of those here who have supported the WNBA players in their efforts to get She Who Will Not Be Named out of the U.S. Senate and out of the WNBA. I'm proud to be in the "choir" of those here who supported the WNBA players' historic, courageous 2020 "Say Her Name: Breonna Taylor" season. And I respect journalists and everyone else in the "choir" who have supported these efforts.

It isn't exactly a surprise that there are people on this board who DON'T support the WNBA players in their activism on social justice issues such as racism and sexism. I guess we'll keep getting reminders.

Last edited by Bob Lamm on 03/10/21 6:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
johnjohnW

PostPosted: 03/10/21 7:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Come down off the cross Bob, we need the wood!

Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 03/10/21 10:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

johnjohnW wrote:
Come down off the cross Bob, we need the wood!

LOL

PostPosted: 03/11/21 2:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Loeffler's plan to run again for Senate has just been sabotaged. Trump has all but endorsed Herschel Walker. I figured he would not have much use for her after she failed to deliver for him on Jan. 6.

readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 03/11/21 3:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bob Lamm wrote:
I'm proud to be in the "choir" of those here who have supported the WNBA players in their efforts to get She Who Will Not Be Named out of the U.S. Senate and out of the WNBA. I'm proud to be in the "choir" of those here who supported the WNBA players' historic, courageous 2020 "Say Her Name: Breonna Taylor" season. And I respect journalists and everyone else in the "choir" who have supported these efforts.

It isn't exactly a surprise that there are people on this board who DON'T support the WNBA players in their activism on social justice issues such as racism and sexism. I guess we'll keep getting reminders.

Very well stated!!!!! Keep saying it!!!! We are with the players 100% on this!!

No need to pay attention to the grumpies, the ones on the wrong side of history.

~rAf
Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 03/11/21 3:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
Bob Lamm wrote:

Very well stated!!!!! Keep saying it!!!! We are with the players 100% on this!!

No need to pay attention to the grumpies, the ones on the wrong side of history.

Thanks for your kind words, readyAIMfire. I assure you that, like you, I will continue to state my great respect and support for the activism of the WNBA players. The "grumpies" (I love that term) are not a problem. Smile

PostPosted: 03/11/21 4:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Loeffler's plan to run again for Senate has just been sabotaged. Trump has all but endorsed Herschel Walker. I figured he would not have much use for her after she failed to deliver for him on Jan. 6.

We'll see if Herschel wants to move back to Georgia. He hasn't live here in a very long time.

PostPosted: 03/11/21 6:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Randy wrote:

We'll see if Herschel wants to move back to Georgia. He hasn't live here in a very long time.

I think the significant point is that he wants someone one other than Loeffler. Of course, she could just up donations to him and probably change his mind.

Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 03/11/21 6:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'd bet anything that She Who Will Not Be Named will NOT be the Republican nominee against Rev. Warnock in 2022. Trump has been obsessed with Georgia ever since Election Day last November and will never forgive those who weren't (in his ridiculous eyes) 100% loyal to him. She Who Will Not Be Named will never hold any important elected office again.

PostPosted: 03/11/21 8:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
pilight wrote:
Randy wrote:

I think the significant point is that he wants someone one other than Loeffler. Of course, she could just up donations to him and probably change his mind.

His endorsement doesn't seem to carry much positive weight in Georgia. He supported both Republicans last year and both lost races they were expected to win.

PostPosted: 03/11/21 9:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
His endorsement doesn't seem to carry much positive weight in Georgia. He supported both Republicans last year and both lost races they were expected to win.

The issue here isn't the impact of Trump's endorsement in a general election against Democrats. It's the impact of his endorsement in a possible Republican primary for the Senate seat. Indeed, if Walker decides to run and Trump gives him a strong endorsement, other Republicans may not run against Walker.

PostPosted: 03/11/21 10:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If you're able to run and you can't beat a walker then you must really suck

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: