13%
 13%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 37

myrtle

PostPosted: 02/16/21 1:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
AFO wrote:
No cap room

If she's willing to take the vet minimum she fits in that same space you just moved Allen out of, unless you want to tell us about some other signing that isn't public yet Wink.

Yeah, I was thinking Vegas. Bill can deal with any bad girl reputation, if there is one. And she would be a dynamite addition to his guard core.

- Amanda Gorman
dreamfan11

PostPosted: 02/18/21 2:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

[quote="root_thing"][quote="ClayK"]I asked this in another thread: Why does Sims move around so much and why did Indy dump her? Are there off the court issues? She's a decent player in her prime, but yet no one seems to want her around.[/quote]

I've been saying the same thing -- there must be more to the story. Every time she gets traded, the team receiving her gets a better and better deal. This time, it looked like a ridiculously good deal for Indiana but they still cut her. I wonder if Sims has a really bad reputation behind the scenes that has been kept out of the press.[/quote]

There was never any INTENT for her to stay in IND - they were buying a draft pick - had space, MIN used it to pick up powers hoping tp sign O again if she clears waivers....

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 02/23/21 10:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
I asked this in another thread: Why does Sims move around so much and why did Indy dump her? Are there off the court issues? She's a decent player in her prime, but yet no one seems to want her around.

YES....the number #1 contributing factor is her mother whom is also her manager, the second issue is her attitude is not as humble as it appears on the court vs off the court. There's more but you get the idea!!!

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 02/23/21 10:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Cooper2009 wrote:
Sims is a good commodity but when I look around the league I don’t see a team that NEEDS her outside of Dallas... Mabrey and Harris could then both be backups to she and Ogunbowale. Gray can start at the 3 spot and then you have you starting 4 in Sabally and whichever center you draft battling with NDour... I don’t see this as a team that most people would think are a pushover at all.

But they need to rid themselves of Jefferson. I’m not sure if the cap is an issue.

Sims/Harris
Ogunbowale/Mabrey
Gray/#2/Thornton
Sabally/Harrison/Alarie
NDour/#1

I personally would trade #5 and Thornton(or Harrison) for something.. anything maybe McCowen if Indy thinks they’d be better off with one of posts coming out in the draft.

We will pass on the McCowen idea!!!

Stormeo

PostPosted: 02/23/21 11:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

While we're on the subject of Dallas, I'm a little surprised no one voted for a Sims-Dallas reunion. Probably because she must've left on that bad of terms, but that was several years ago now and she still arguably played her best ball there. I'd vote for that before I'd vote for her going back to LA, if she also left there on bad terms as well.

DFWub2018 wrote:
We will pass on the McCowan idea!!!

I wouldn't. If Vickie Johnson runs a system anything like Laimbeer's, Dallas will need a 'power post' of sorts à la A'ja Wilson. They haven't had a genuinely big body on the roster since Cambage. I'd trade the #1 & either the #5 or Alarie to get McCowan. Hell, even if it were "#1 & #2 or no deal", I'd probably still do it.

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 02/23/21 11:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
While we're on the subject of Dallas, I'm a little surprised no one voted for a Sims-Dallas reunion. Probably because she must've left on that bad of terms, but that was several years ago now and she still arguably played her best ball there. I'd vote for that before I'd vote for her going back to LA, if she also left there on bad terms as well.

DFWub2018 wrote:
We will pass on the McCowan idea!!!

I wouldn't. If Vickie Johnson runs a system anything like Laimbeer's, Dallas will need a 'power post' of sorts à la A'ja Wilson. They haven't had a genuinely big body on the roster since Cambage. I'd trade the #1 & either the #5 or Alarie to get McCowan. Hell, even if it were "#1 & #2 or no deal", I'd probably still do it.

No offense intended, but thank God you are not our GM!!!

Randy

PostPosted: 02/23/21 11:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If I was Indy I wouldn't even consider trading McCowan. The only reason for the idea of trading her is that Stanley wants to have the 5 player shoot from 3. I'd fire her and get a coach who do something with a real center.

Stormeo

PostPosted: 02/23/21 11:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:

Laughing Laughing Laughing Tough crowd!

Randy wrote:
If I was Indy I wouldn't even consider trading McCowan. The only reason for the idea of trading her is that Stanley wants to have the 5 player shoot from 3. I'd fire her and get a coach who do something with a real center.

That the Fever/Catchings hired Stanley to begin with, likely knowing her coaching philosophy didn't jibe at all with what the team's most important player brings, is pretty cringeworthy. I mostly wanna see McCowan get out of there for her own career's sake, since Stanley in all likelihood will get another year beyond this year. (Anyone out there really trust that Catchings would fire her in a timely manner? Confused )

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 02/23/21 12:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:

Randy wrote:

That the Fever/Catchings hired Stanley to begin with, likely knowing her coaching philosophy didn't jibe at all with what the team's most important player brings, is pretty cringeworthy. I mostly wanna see McCowan get out of there for her own career's sake, since Stanley in all likelihood will get another year beyond this year. (Anyone out there really trust that Catchings would fire her in a timely manner? Confused )

🤓🤓🤓

ucbart

PostPosted: 02/23/21 12:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:

Randy wrote:

I never understood that hire. Not to be an ageist, but Stanley is old. I get coaches that are her age that are still coaching, but to get hired as a HC at her age, is and was still, surprising.

I said this last year and I'll say it again-McCowan and Cox could be the best combo of offense and defense in the post(in a few years) in the W if they're coached correctly. Lauren can shoot, pass, and drive from the high post and she won't clog the lane like say, Wilson and Cambage will, for McCowan. On defnese, they're both capable and just.....big and physical.

Randy

PostPosted: 02/23/21 12:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

stormeo I'm hoping Catchings sees the light and cans her by the end of season 2 (2021). I'm afraid it will drag on to the end of Stanley's 3rd season. (2022).

pilight

PostPosted: 02/25/21 6:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sims cleared waivers today

PostPosted: 02/26/21 7:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Sims cleared waivers today

...so let the fun begin!

- Amanda Gorman
Richyyy

PostPosted: 02/26/21 9:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Four voters were right, apparently: https://twitter.com/RachGall/status/1365483771575734272?s=20
Quote:
Sources inform @winsidr
that Odyssey Sims has signed a 1-year deal with the Atlanta Dream.

PostPosted: 02/26/21 10:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon called it. Shocked

#NATC

PostPosted: 02/26/21 11:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

And credit to Sienko, he’s been very aggressive this off-season with trying to field a competitive team with a good amount of fire power on offense.

On a somewhat unrelated note, signing Sims means they can’t afford the #3 pick without making a move, so the Dream might have another move up their sleeve unless they just cut Brown or Walker-Kimbrough.

PostPosted: 02/27/21 12:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:
J-Spoon called it. Shocked

Thanks if you predict enough stuff you are bound to be right once in a while

TBH I was first convinced it was all shenanigans on Minny's part to get Powers and keep Sims but once I moved on from that I thought Atl made sense. It seems like Atl in signing Ch. Parker, Hawkins and now Sims is trying to put together a decent teams. Atlanta is one of those teams that seems to struggle to get those top their free agents so to compete they have to get as much next their talent as possible. Adding Sims, Ch. Parker and Hawkins, to C. Williams, Carter, Hayes and E. Will they seem to have really improved their talent level and depth

Carter/Turner
Sims/C. Will/SWK
Hayes/Strickland
Hawkins/Billings
Ch. Parker/E. Will

#3, #15, Davis, Brown

I still think E. Will and Hayes are very tradable because they are both on old max 119k that is good value for the money, but they also fit with Atl trying to be relevant now

at #3 I would target Davis at #15 a back up PG like Slocum, K. Williams or Mangakahia

I am not sure who they cut to make room for the picks

I like all these player but I would probably cut Turner, Brown and Davis as try and fit in pick 3 and 15

Carter/#15 (Slocum, K. Williams, Mangakahia)
Sims/C. Williams/SWK
Hayes/#3 Davis/Strickland
Hawkins/Billings
Ch. Parker/E. Will

Can they afford this group of 12?

Sims, C. Wil and Hayes can cover back up PG duties when you don't have faith in the 2nd round rookie and Davis or even Strickland can play sometimes 5th post to make Brown expendable.

mavcarter
#NATC

PostPosted: 02/27/21 12:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
Sims/C. Williams/SWK
Hawkins/Billings
Ch. Parker/E. Will

Would be $16K and some change over the cap, under this scenario. Can’t afford those 12.

PostPosted: 02/27/21 1:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:
Sims/C. Williams/SWK
Hawkins/Billings
Ch. Parker/E. Will

Would be $16K and some change over the cap, under this scenario. Can’t afford those 12.

That is a bummer

I guess they could just not keep the 2nd round pick and let Sims or C. Williams run the point when Carter is on the bench

or keep Brown and try and swap E. Will for pick 5 or 7 from Dallas)

Carter/Pick 7 (Evans, Westbrook or McDonald)
Sims/C. Williams/SWK
Hayes/pick 3 Davis/Strickland
Hawkins/Billings
Ch. Parker/Brown

that fits under the cap, but if Atl is win now I probably just stick with E. Will and go with 11

Stormeo

PostPosted: 02/27/21 1:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So uhh... what does Sims bring to the Dream that they don't already have? Also, like I asked about Walker-Kimbrough, where exactly does Sims get her minutes? What's going on here? Something's up! Laughing

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 02/27/21 1:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
So uhh... what does Sims bring to the Dream that they don't already have? Also, like I asked about Walker-Kimbrough, where exactly does Sims get her minutes? What's going on here? Something's up! Laughing

IMO Sims is a better defender than C. Will or Carter which makes her a better running mate for either than they are for each other. Also Sims has more experience and I think in LA and Minny became much less of the ball dominant player she is characterized as. There are worse problem for a team to have than four decent guards, though it probably does cut into SWK possible minutes

Maybe they are considering running a lot of 3 guard offense or
trading Hayes or C. Will?

PickledGinger

PostPosted: 02/27/21 5:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
Sims is a 28-year-old career starter (mostly) with one-year left on a $119,000 contract. That seems rather modest under the new CBA. Meanwhile, Sami Whitcomb, a 32-year-old career backup gets $150,350 per year for 2 years guaranteed, and NY had to throw in Stephanie Talbot. It's the same market. Nonetheless, Indiana couldn't even be bothered to keep Sims. So, bad luck or bad timing doesn't seem like a sufficient answer.

I suppose we could also say NY made a really, really, really stupid deal. Razz

Rolling Eyes as if New York's loss is Seattle's gain in this situation. Puh-lease.

PostPosted: 02/27/21 11:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PickledGinger wrote:
root_thing wrote:
Sims is a 28-year-old career starter (mostly) with one-year left on a $119,000 contract. That seems rather modest under the new CBA. Meanwhile, Sami Whitcomb, a 32-year-old career backup gets $150,350 per year for 2 years guaranteed, and NY had to throw in Stephanie Talbot. It's the same market. Nonetheless, Indiana couldn't even be bothered to keep Sims. So, bad luck or bad timing doesn't seem like a sufficient answer.

Rolling Eyes as if New York's loss is Seattle's gain in this situation. Puh-lease.

Laughing It always amuses me when people fixate on a minor point of the post rather than the main point. And if Talbot is so worthless, then why did Seattle take her?

PostPosted: 02/27/21 1:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
PickledGinger wrote:
root_thing wrote:

Laughing It always amuses me when people fixate on a minor point of the post rather than the main point. And if Talbot is so worthless, then why did Seattle take her?

I guess I should have highlighted the "really, really, really stupid deal" part. NY had the money to spend. She fills multiple roles. She's won 2 championships. And as a Storm fan, she was the crowd favorite.

So, also as a Storm fan, it's a little frustrating for me that her new team's fans are shitting on her already.

And what I can say about Talbot...I can't. Other than consistantly being the slowest player on the court up and down, she's literally never done anything memorable in any of the many WNBA games I've seen her play in.

PostPosted: 02/27/21 2:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PickledGinger wrote:
So, also as a Storm fan, it's a little frustrating for me that her new team's fans are shitting on her already.

And what I can say about Talbot...I can't. Other than consistantly being the slowest player on the court up and down, she's literally never done anything memorable in any of the many WNBA games I've seen her play in.

But you have no problem dumping on Talbot. I was excited when the Lynx picked her up for only a second round pick, and then confused when Reeve dumped her for a third round pick that she knew (or should have known) wouldn’t make the team. Something behind the scenes must have been happening there.

This is probably Talbot’s best game with the Lynx. Mostly three point shooting.
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/pWEGxVBMZMc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Her 2019 Lynx highlights reel shows a complete skill set. Nice facilitator. Decent defense.
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/U10btUbGv70" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Might as well toss in her 2018 PHX highlights while we’re at it.
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/aj7rhAC0eZQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: