RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Minnesota Lynx 2021
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PUmatty

PostPosted: 02/15/21 8:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Can anyone tell me anything about Fagbenle? Is she and end-of-bench spare part, or is there potential for her to contribute?

Also, does this make Richyy a Fever fan?

Richyyy

PostPosted: 02/15/21 8:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
Can anyone tell me anything about Fagbenle? Is she and end-of-bench spare part, or is there potential for her to contribute?

There's definitely potential there for her to be worth more than she was in Minnesota, without always being stuck behind Fowles. In Europe she's a glaringly better player than, for example, Kristine Anigwe. In the right situation I think she's just as good as someone like Brionna Jones. But she hasn't done it consistently at WNBA level yet, so a lot of that is still optimism rather than proven. And I'm not sure how committed she is to the WNBA, which would obviously be an issue.

PUmatty wrote:
Also, does this make Richyy a Fever fan?

I wouldn't go that far Wink.

PostPosted: 02/16/21 11:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So Minnesota pays Indiana dearly to get rid of Sims, and then Indy dumps her.

Statistically, she's a decent player, and she's 27, in her prime. Sure, she's not a good shooter but the numbers say she's a good defender. So why does Indy not want her at all? Is she that much of a problem off the court? Or am I missing something?

PostPosted: 02/16/21 1:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:

Statistically, she's a decent player, and she's 27, in her prime. Sure, she's not a good shooter but the numbers say she's a good defender. So why does Indy not want her at all? Is she that much of a problem off the court? Or am I missing something?

They brought in D-Rob to run the point
They have Allemand and Doyle as other options there
and they have been developing K. Mitchell, T. Mitchell and Burke as options at the SG spot, maybe they just want to keep with their players ans taking of Sims was for the future 1st round pick and had nothing to do with Sims herself?

PUmatty

PostPosted: 02/16/21 2:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:

Who know ... but my guess is that they are building for the future. They see DRob as a better option as a back-up, especially since she has been happy to be in that role the recently. Sims instead of Robinson might give them, what, three more wins this year? Less? That's no difference for a team like this - in fact, it could actually be bad for the building for the future if they are less likely to get a No. 1 pick.

Neither player is a building block for the future.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 02/16/21 2:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yeah, I can understand not wanting Sims from Indiana's perspective (although I'd have rather had her one-year deal than Robinson's three-year one). The particularly weird element is waiving her instantly. Why not agree a buyout? There was no need to rush, and Sims was always likely to agree (considering she'd be wanted elsewhere at the minimum, and would have more chance to win with virtually any other team). Also, that cap space they have is valuable equity, as we've just seen with them essentially selling a bit of it to Minnesota. You keep hold of as much of it as possible so you can use it in more deals like that (say, to take on Ndour from Dallas). Waiving her immediately was completely unnecessary.

PostPosted: 02/16/21 3:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

$1,246,900 Lynx non-training camp contracts inc Xmas buyout (10 active)
......70,040 Add Sims on non-guaranteed contract
$1,316,940 (11 active)
....103,000 Cut Banham
$1,213,940 (10 active)
......58,710 Add Carleton off training camp contract
$1,272,650 (11 active)
......64,375 Add #9 pick
$1,337,025 Total salary (12 active)

$1,339,000 2021 Salary Cap Limit

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
snlMINAJ

PostPosted: 02/23/21 6:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

so what on earth will the lineups look like this year... i guess collier won't lead league in MPG this year.

crystal, kayla, napheesa, damiris and sylvia starters.
aerial natalie rachel lexie off the bench.

this group of 9 seems actually very solid, well-rounded.

Shades

PostPosted: 02/23/21 7:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Even though I’ve pointed out above a clear pathway for the ultimate 12-player roster for the Lynx, Reeve has referred in a couple different places to being an 11-player roster. That makes me think not only is she possibly unwilling to cut a non-guaranteed Banham (not smart considering how much it cost to cut Sims), she most likely has no-overseas bonus money tied up with Fowles, which supposedly eats up salary cap. So all this salary information isn’t adequate enough for complete salary cap analysis. Need to know what teams are paying in bonuses. That should be the next thing.... plus updated core charts.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: