RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

What’s good on Netflix, etc.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jammerbirdi

PostPosted: 02/16/21 2:58 pm    ::: What’s good on Netflix, etc. Reply Reply with quote

So just finished the extraordinary on many levels Unorthodox last night.

It’s always amazing to watch something that I’m not picking apart or where I’m finding myself merely tolerating the flaws and many shark jumpings. This one, on the other hand, required my full attention, and whatever mental acuity I have at this point. And the more attention to detail I was able to muster the more I got out of it. Incredible. Essentially a four hour movie. Doesn’t look like a limited series.

I'm Your Woman.

I don’t even believe in 2-hour movies anymore as a format. This one restored my faith. This is exactly how all movies should be. When I think of what a Quentin Tarantino movie SHOULD look like, this would be it.

Pieces of a Woman.

Everything I said above applies here except for Tarantino.. Amazing difficult real story and incredible performances.

As I’ve already recommended Queen’s Gambit nothing else deserves to be mentioned in the same post with these absolutely stellar efforts so I’ll save the other stuff for later.

PostPosted: 02/20/21 4:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Do you have Appletv? If so, check out the Dickinson series. Excellent cast, including the always fab Jane Krakowski as Emily’s mother. Humor, pathos, music & dance scenes. There’s even a black Satan!

PostPosted: 02/21/21 5:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I Care A Lot

#1 on Netflix.

Eeyow! Shocked

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: