RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Covid Cancellations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
myrtle

PostPosted: 02/06/21 4:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zen koan:
Oregon is playing UC Davis today and Arizona Monday, but not ASU yesterday.
Oregon State is playing ASU tomorrow but not Arizona yesterday.
How does this make sense?

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 02/06/21 5:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It makes zen sense only to kung fu grasshoppers who follow fear instead of science.
myrtle

PostPosted: 02/10/21 2:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So Cal is not making the trip to Oregon.
OrSU - Stanford game has been moved to Saturday.
Oregon - Stanford on Monday on ESPN2

CalwbbFan

PostPosted: 02/10/21 2:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
So Cal is not making the trip to Oregon.
OrSU - Stanford game has been moved to Saturday.
Oregon - Stanford on Monday on ESPN2

Cal's issues are injury, not Covid related apparently....don't have enough healthy players:

BERKELEY – The California women's basketball program will not play its scheduled games against Oregon Friday, Feb. 12, and Oregon State Sunday, Feb. 14 due to injury concerns within the program. The decision was made in consultation with the team physician and team medical staff.

The Golden Bears will not meet the Pac-12's minimum requirement of healthy scholarship players (seven) ahead of Friday's and Sunday's games.

mzonefan

PostPosted: 02/10/21 4:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hartford has called the season.

purduefanatic

PostPosted: 02/10/21 5:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mzonefan wrote:

Wow, upon reading an article on this I learned that they are now the 3rd team to call it a year along with Vermont and UMBC.

Have any of the men's programs called it a season?

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 02/10/21 8:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Not a cancellation (unless you're a business in Chicago) but the Big Ten is moving the men's tourney from Chicago to Indy. This will put both the men's and women's in the same city.

Quote:
“Hosting both the men’s and women’s basketball tournaments in the same city allows for cohesive testing and medical protocols for both events, as well as centralized accommodations surrounding the competition venues,” the conference said in a statement Tuesday.

https://www.wishtv.com/news/inside-indiana-business/big-ten-confirms-news-8s-report-relocating-mens-tourney-to-indy/

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
GEF34

PostPosted: 02/10/21 9:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
zen koan:
Oregon is playing UC Davis today and Arizona Monday, but not ASU yesterday.
Oregon State is playing ASU tomorrow but not Arizona yesterday.
How does this make sense?

Arizona State’s game at Oregon State was cancelled on Thursday, but Oregon had already schedule a game for Saturday before finding out Arizona State had their Sunday game cancelled. Had the Oregon State game been cancelled earlier Arizona State could have played at Oregon on Saturday. Instead Oregon played UC Davis on Saturday and Arizona State was able to schedule a game against Southern Utah on Monday.

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 02/10/21 10:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

purduefanatic wrote:
mzonefan wrote:

Wow, upon reading an article on this I learned that they are now the 3rd team to call it a year along with Vermont and UMBC.

Not quite. By my count, we're up to 21 Division I women's teams that have halted their seasons.

The entire Ivy League
FAMU
Cal St Northridge
Maryland Eastern Shore
Duke
SMU
Dixie State
Virginia
San Jose State
Vanderbilt
UVM
UMBC
Canisius
Hartford

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 02/11/21 9:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FrozenLVFan wrote:
purduefanatic wrote:
mzonefan wrote:

Not quite. By my count, we're up to 21 Division I women's teams that have halted their seasons.

The entire Ivy League
FAMU
Cal St Northridge
Maryland Eastern Shore
Duke
SMU
Dixie State
Virginia
San Jose State
Vanderbilt
UVM
UMBC
Canisius
Hartford

Hartford was the 3rd team in their conference to end their season early due to Covid - I think that's what the number referred to in that post.

purduefanatic

PostPosted: 02/11/21 10:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Marquette Fan wrote:
FrozenLVFan wrote:
purduefanatic wrote:
mzonefan wrote:

The entire Ivy League
FAMU
Cal St Northridge
Maryland Eastern Shore
Duke
SMU
Dixie State
Virginia
San Jose State
Vanderbilt
UVM
UMBC
Canisius
Hartford

Hartford was the 3rd team in their conference to end their season early due to Covid - I think that's what the number referred to in that post.

It was...but that's ok. I'm used to that poster trying to always correct and/or contradict everyone. I mean, wouldn't most die hard fans on here realize those teams are all in the America East?

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 02/11/21 10:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

purduefanatic wrote:
Marquette Fan wrote:
FrozenLVFan wrote:
purduefanatic wrote:
mzonefan wrote:

The entire Ivy League
FAMU
Cal St Northridge
Maryland Eastern Shore
Duke
SMU
Dixie State
Virginia
San Jose State
Vanderbilt
UVM
UMBC
Canisius
Hartford

It was...but that's ok. I'm used to that poster trying to always correct and/or contradict everyone. I mean, wouldn't most die hard fans on here realize those teams are all in the America East?

Gosh, I thought it was just me. Nice to know I'm not alone.

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 02/11/21 12:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

purduefanatic wrote:
Marquette Fan wrote:
FrozenLVFan wrote:
purduefanatic wrote:
mzonefan wrote:

The entire Ivy League
FAMU
Cal St Northridge
Maryland Eastern Shore
Duke
SMU
Dixie State
Virginia
San Jose State
Vanderbilt
UVM
UMBC
Canisius
Hartford

Sorry, I did not realize you were referring to a specific conference. Embarassed

summertime blues

PostPosted: 02/11/21 2:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

JMU at Hofstra weekend series cancelled. Hofstra apparently has the plague.

PostPosted: 02/12/21 11:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I noticed that high school leagues in Minnesota require the players to play with masks on. If they can do it, why can’t they do it at the college level?

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
summertime blues

PostPosted: 02/13/21 1:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

William & Mary has ended their season. I think that's why JMU is not playing this weekend.

PostPosted: 02/15/21 8:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Pac-12 says

Quote:
A fan recently asked why University of Washington volleyball players are wearing masks when UW basketball players aren’t.

The short answer is that was the recommendation of the Pac-12 Medical Advisory Committee, whose guidelines the Pac-12 Conference is using to determine such things.

Why did the committee decide volleyball players would wear masks?

“Because you can in volleyball,” said Dr. Kimberly Harmon, a member of the Pac-12 Medical Advisory Committee. “We think it’s safer to play – particularly indoors – in a mask. It’s very difficult to play basketball in a mask and it’s less difficult to do so in volleyball.”

Volleyball action comes in spurts, where basketball has more continuous action.

“Our medical recommendation is if you can play in a mask, you should,” said Harmon, who also is a physician for UW athletics.

So, Pac-12 volleyball teams are masking up during games.

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/uw-huskies/in-pac-12-sports-the-recommendation-is-if-you-can-play-in-a-mask-you-should/

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 02/15/21 9:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CalwbbFan wrote:
Pac-12 says

Quote:
A fan recently asked why University of Washington volleyball players are wearing masks when UW basketball players aren’t.

The short answer is that was the recommendation of the Pac-12 Medical Advisory Committee, whose guidelines the Pac-12 Conference is using to determine such things.

Why did the committee decide volleyball players would wear masks?

“Because you can in volleyball,” said Dr. Kimberly Harmon, a member of the Pac-12 Medical Advisory Committee. “We think it’s safer to play – particularly indoors – in a mask. It’s very difficult to play basketball in a mask and it’s less difficult to do so in volleyball.”

Volleyball action comes in spurts, where basketball has more continuous action.

“Our medical recommendation is if you can play in a mask, you should,” said Harmon, who also is a physician for UW athletics.

So, Pac-12 volleyball teams are masking up during games.

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/uw-huskies/in-pac-12-sports-the-recommendation-is-if-you-can-play-in-a-mask-you-should/

In Michigan, players in high school basketball and hockey games are required to wear masks.

https://www.clickondetroit.com/sports/2021/02/10/michigan-high-school-basketball-hockey-players-have-to-wear-masks-during-games/#:~:text=This%20week%2C%20the%20Michigan%20High,%2C%E2%80%9D%20the%20MHSAA%20release%20says.

mzonefan

PostPosted: 02/18/21 9:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Colgate ended their season due to injuries.

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 02/19/21 10:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Binghamton ends their season early due to a Covid pause. They are the 4th team in the America East conference to end their season early due to Covid:

https://bubearcats.com/news/2021/2/19/womens-basketball-season-ends-early-due-to-covid-protocols.aspx

purduefanatic

PostPosted: 02/20/21 9:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Marquette Fan wrote:
Binghamton ends their season early due to a Covid pause. They are the 4th team in the America East conference to end their season early due to Covid:

https://bubearcats.com/news/2021/2/19/womens-basketball-season-ends-early-due-to-covid-protocols.aspx

Isn't the Northeast supposed to be doing really well with covid? I thought several of those states (Mass, Vermont, New York, New Hampshire, Maine, etc) had things under control and were really limiting events and what people could do. Now 4 schools in a single northeast conference have all ended their year due to covid? Something doesn't really add up.

Also, it is February 20th. It's not like the season wasn't going to end really soon anyway.

Stormeo

PostPosted: 02/20/21 2:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

After this coming Monday, none of the Pac-12 teams are scheduled to play again until Sunday the 28th, I believe by design. I hope we start hearing about potential midweek makeup dates for postponed games soon. Stanford has played the most total games out of anyone in the conference thus far (22), and will probably enjoy the extra few days off. Otoh, Oregon State has played the least (13), and could really use the extra opportunities in order to even become eligible for the Tourney, as I think they're currently a bubble team résumé-wise as it is.

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 02/20/21 6:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

purduefanatic wrote:
Marquette Fan wrote:

Isn't the Northeast supposed to be doing really well with covid? I thought several of those states (Mass, Vermont, New York, New Hampshire, Maine, etc) had things under control and were really limiting events and what people could do. Now 4 schools in a single northeast conference have all ended their year due to covid? Something doesn't really add up.

Also, it is February 20th. It's not like the season wasn't going to end really soon anyway.

The Northeast had big post-holiday spikes like everyplace else, but had been doing reasonably well with the exception of the larger areas and college towns. Most of these states had official restrictions on interstate travel requiring some significant quarantine periods...I haven't yet figured out how sports teams got around those requirements.

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 02/26/21 10:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

St. John's at Creighton for tomorrow has been canceled as a result of an inconclusive Covid test for a St. John's player:

https://www.bigeast.com/news/2021/2/26/womens-basketball-bigeastwbb-announces-schedule-change.aspx

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 02/26/21 10:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Navy's season is likely done now due to a Covid issue- https://www.capitalgazette.com/sports/navy/ac-cs-navy-loyola-womens-basketball-canceled-20210227-jeaj4svgcvfxnmrhqty5hezr7y-story.html

The Patriot League is requesting a waiver from the NCAA to allow their men's and women's teams who didn't get in the minimum 13 games to be eligible for the NCAA Tournament - https://www.pressherald.com/2021/02/26/college-notebook-patriot-league-drops-minimum-game-requirement-asks-ncaa-for-waivers/

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 12 of 13

Jump to: