RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Sweet Sixteen Through Finals with Fans

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mzonefan

PostPosted: 02/19/21 9:42 pm    ::: Sweet Sixteen Through Finals with Fans Reply Reply with quote

https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-women/article/2021-02-19/ncaa-division-i-womens-basketball-championship-allow-limited-fan-attendance

Family only rounds 1- 2.

Quote:
From the Sweet Sixteen through the Women’s Final Four taking place at the Alamodome, the 17% capacity will include all participants, family members of each participating team’s student-athletes and coaches, essential staff and a reduced number of fans. Sweet Sixteen games will be played March 27-28, Elite Eight games held March 29-30 and the Women’s Final Four conducted April 2 and 4.

All attendees are expected to adhere to established health and safety protocols, including physical distancing and masking. Thorough cleaning, disinfecting and safety measures will be a priority in all venues. More information about public ticket sales will be available after March 1.

Last edited by mzonefan on 02/20/21 3:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 02/19/21 10:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So I see the thing about masking for a safety protocol for fans. When are they going to start enforcing this for Coaches? I keep watching games with Coaches with the mask around their chin for the vast majority of the game.

Queenie

PostPosted: 02/19/21 11:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

yes, let us bring in people from all corners of the country to share space, there is surely no way this can end badly

(now with spelling variations)
purduefanatic

PostPosted: 02/20/21 9:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
yes, let us bring in people from all corners of the country to share space, there is surely no way this can end badly

While I am all for safety, I am also for freedom to do things provided they are legal. If I want to risk going to a Final Four game (mind you, it will be well over a year since this pandemic started and many people are going crazy), then I should be able to do it provided I take the precautions and adhere to the rules. If I don't want to take the risk, I simply don't.

This isn't really the place or the thread for this, but my wife is a pediatric nurse and the amount of suicide attempts in kids is quite staggering and scary. It was always fairly high anyway but in today's world, it is spiraling like it never has. Sure, there were always times of year when it spiked (holidays, end of semester/school year, etc), but now it is just constantly spiking. Her hospital had 7 in the last couple of days! Anyway, my point is that we all need to start living a little bit and having some semblance of "normalcy" in our lives. Yes, it's still scary and people need to take precautions, use their masks, etc. But man, it's just time. And that's my opinion only, everyone is certainly entitled to theirs. And yes, I have been directly affected by covid with losses of life so it's not like I'm saying this as someone who hasn't known the results directly.

OK, back to attendance...

myrtle

PostPosted: 02/20/21 1:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Marquette Fan wrote:
So I see the thing about masking for a safety protocol for fans. When are they going to start enforcing this for Coaches? I keep watching games with Coaches with the mask around their chin for the vast majority of the game.

Watching Kim Barnes-Arico the other day as she wore hers like a beard every time the cameras were over that way. I never saw her even pretend to put it over her nose-mouth. On the other hand, I noticed Tara was actually wearing a double mask yesterday. Also I doubt the efficacy of the see thru mesh like ones that some coaches seem to be sporting.

mzonefan

PostPosted: 02/20/21 3:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Marquette Fan wrote:

Watching Kim Barnes-Arico the other day as she wore hers like a beard every time the cameras were over that way. I never saw her even pretend to put it over her nose-mouth. On the other hand, I noticed Tara was actually wearing a double mask yesterday. Also I doubt the efficacy of the see thru mesh like ones that some coaches seem to be sporting.

Yes, KBA was bad on Thursday! I’ve never seen her unmasked so much.

insidewinder

PostPosted: 02/20/21 5:13 pm    ::: masks Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Marquette Fan wrote:

Tara has been good about her mask generally during games, but so many coaches defeat the purpose by pulling their mask down briefly whenever they want to yell something to the players on court. If they can yell loud enough to overcome screaming fans, back when there were fans, why can't they yell loud enough to overcome a mask? The way most coaches use the, they are barely worth the effort.

Actually Tara is old enough to be eligible for a vaccine in the Bay Area, which is mostly doing 65+ now.

calbearman76

PostPosted: 02/20/21 5:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The solution is simple. Make it a violation. First a warning, then a technical foul. Even the worst offenders would start to comply.

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 02/20/21 5:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

calbearman76 wrote:
The solution is simple. Make it a violation. First a warning, then a technical foul. Even the worst offenders would start to comply.

Yeah the NFL started fining coaches and then compliance got a whole lot better.

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 02/20/21 7:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Marquette Fan wrote:

Good for Tara! The other problem with inappropriate mask usage is that the person is constantly touching their mask, nose, and mouth areas to readjust the mask, followed by touching players, balls, clipboards, water bottles, etc. It's not like they're always using hand sanitizer every time they stick their finger in their mask.

Cooper2009

PostPosted: 02/20/21 8:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I’m just happy the games will be played. Even if there had been NO fans.. I don’t want anyone creating their own banner for the ‘21 season 🙄

PostPosted: 02/20/21 8:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Cooper2009 wrote:
I’m just happy the games will be played. Even if there had been NO fans..

This! Cool

I'd be fine with the 'family only' part (I'm not getting to this one anyway Razz) and while events like this can be fraught with potential dangers, I think by now folks are informed enough that the risks ought to be very minimal.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: