RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

NCAA Top 16 Preview

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
patsweetpat

PostPosted: 02/16/21 6:27 pm    ::: NCAA Top 16 Preview Reply Reply with quote

Surprised there's been no mention yet of the NCAA Tournament Committee's Top 16 reveal yesterday, but if I gotta be the first, then I gotta.

Here 'tis:

The NCAA's top-16 seeds
1. UConn
2. South Carolina
3. Stanford
4. Louisville
5. Texas A&M
6. NC State
7. Maryland
8. Arizona
9. UCLA
10. Baylor
11. Oregon
12. Georgia
13. Tennessee
14. West Virginia
15. Indiana
16. Kentucky

https://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/story/_/id/30906888/what-learned-ncaa-women-bracket-reveal

mzonefan

PostPosted: 02/16/21 6:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

KBA just said in post-game interview, “I’ve been disrespected before.”

PG4ever

PostPosted: 02/16/21 7:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

My Wolverines got dissed again. Maybe it'll be good motivation for the team. Can somebody explain Georgia at 12, Tennessee at 13? I don't see it.

Queenie

PostPosted: 02/16/21 9:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

As much as I agree Michigan has a case, I think there is also a compelling argument that they don't have enough games under their belt. Is there another reveal before the tournament, or is this the only round of this puffery we're going to endure?

PostPosted: 02/17/21 12:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
As much as I agree Michigan has a case, I think there is also a compelling argument that they don't have enough games under their belt. Is there another reveal before the tournament, or is this the only round of this puffery we're going to endure?

There is an additional reveal on March 1.

ucbart

PostPosted: 02/17/21 8:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PG4ever wrote:
My Wolverines got dissed again. Maybe it'll be good motivation for the team. Can somebody explain Georgia at 12, Tennessee at 13? I don't see it.

I just think Michigan has had a lack of games. If they keep on their current trajectory, they will probably be a top-16 seed. Man, they're going to play a lot in a short amount of time to make up some of the games they've missed.

mzonefan

PostPosted: 02/17/21 10:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
PG4ever wrote:

I just think Michigan has had a lack of games. If they keep on their current trajectory, they will probably be a top-16 seed. Man, they're going to play a lot in a short amount of time to make up some of the games they've missed.

They have two games per week already scheduled*. For the sake of student-athlete safety, I hope they don’t try to squeeze too many in. Hopefully they take care of business in their next two games: at #14 IU and hosting #15 OSU.

*Edit: There’s a buffer in the first week of March in the B1G schedules that would allow a Tuesday/Wednesday game to be squeezed in between Sunday and Thursday/Friday games. Who gets scheduled? That’s the question. I would love to see the postponed Maryland at Michigan game.

ripleydc

PostPosted: 02/17/21 2:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:

Yes, that’s all this is. If UM keeps performing down the stretch , I fully expect them to move up into a decent seed.

myrtle

PostPosted: 02/18/21 6:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The problem with all the top B1G teams is that they haven't proven anything outside their own conference. Most of them haven't even played top teams from other conferences. And when they have, like Indiana, they lost. So how do you actually figure out if they're any good?

In a way, it's a problem for lots of conferences because of the covid related misses...but just seems particularly striking for the B1G.

- Amanda Gorman
mzonefan

PostPosted: 02/18/21 7:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
The problem with all the top B1G teams is that they haven't proven anything outside their own conference. Most of them haven't even played top teams from other conferences. And when they have, like Indiana, they lost. So how do you actually figure out if they're any good?

In a way, it's a problem for lots of conferences because of the covid related misses...but just seems particularly striking for the B1G.

I agree this is an issue. The B1G and the State of Michigan both slowed things down regarding scheduling early on for U-M and MSU.

undersized_post

PostPosted: 03/01/21 10:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mzonefan wrote:
myrtle wrote:

I agree this is an issue. The B1G and the State of Michigan both slowed things down regarding scheduling early on for U-M and MSU.

I agree, to an extent. It's also true for the PAC-12, I think. Indiana is playing much better now than they were in December. You can maybe say the same for UT but not UK. Maryland beat Arkansas but lost to Missouri State. But again, Maryland had almost an entirely new roster and the pieces are really clicking now.

As a midwestener I'm biased toward the Big Ten, but don't underestimate them too much. We had a solid Elite 8 team in Iowa in 2019.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: