RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

UCONN 2020-2021
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ClayK

PostPosted: 02/06/21 10:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I haven't seen them a lot, but I've heard she guards the other team's weakest player. Is she an average defender? How does she play when the ball is not in her hands?

PostPosted: 02/11/21 2:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
I haven't seen them a lot, but I've heard she guards the other team's weakest player. Is she an average defender? How does she play when the ball is not in her hands?

UConn plays a lot of switching MTM and zone, and also switches it's MTM defenders to give different looks, so it's hard to say who plays whom in their system for any given game. When Bueckers doesn't have the ball, she's in constant motion: cutting, flaring and curling off screens.

Now statistics, team and national:

Bueckers leads UConn in steals per game and will probably break the UConn career record if she keeps up her pace.

Nationally, according to Her Hoop Stats for all D1 players who have played at least 12 games and who average at least eight points per game, Bueckers is 36th in steals per game. More significantly, she is 8th in Defensive Win Shares and 28th in Player Defensive Rating.

Nationally, according to the same Her Hoop Stats criteria but just for freshmen, Bueckers is:

#2 in PPG
#7 in FG%
#1 in 3FG%
#3 in APG
#7 in SPG
#5 in PER
#1 in PER/Minute
#1 in Win Shares
#1 in Off WS
#1 in Def WS
#1 in Player Off Rating
#3 in Player Def Rating
myrtle

PostPosted: 02/14/21 10:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

now that players can transfer without sitting out, maybe y'all could get Charlisse Leger-Walker to come on over. Seeing her and Bueckers together would be fabulous....well, at least for you, but probably not for the rest of the country.

- Amanda Gorman
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: