RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Dallas Wings 2021
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 21, 22, 23  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
root_thing

PostPosted: 02/12/21 1:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I confess to being biased because I want a post player to fall to NY at #6. However, just looking at it logically, Dallas has Sabally established as their present and future PF. They also took Alarie at #5 in a better draft last season. So, it just looks crazy to me for them to take Collier, Mack, and Kuier with 1,2, and 5. Unless their long-term goal is to thumb their noses at all the small ball people by going supersize. Use Kuier and Alarie as your backcourt and Satou as the SF. Move aside midgets, we gonna play BIG BALL! Laughing

PostPosted: 02/12/21 2:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kuier at #5 or #7 would be if she makes it known she’s not joining the WNBA this season (deferral).

She might pop up to #2 if she wants to join right away, but I’m not sure she’s worth it. I figure Bibb might see her as a Stevens replacement (who he’s probably missing now).

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
root_thing

PostPosted: 02/12/21 2:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kuier won't make it to #7 because NY would take her at #6. Dallas would have to grab her at #5. But even if she is a deferral, Kuier probably shows up in 2022 and you're still stuck with five young post players all taken within the first five picks of their respective draft. There's no way they can all get playing time. It's not an efficient use of those high picks.

PostPosted: 02/12/21 3:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Teams retain the rights to a deferrals, and work out the rest later. Maybe Kuier gets better overseas and her value goes up. She then becomes a valuable trade piece or member of the team.

Not understanding your angle here other than desperately wanting Kuier to drop to #6. Under the scenario that Bibb is stuck with most of the picks, what would be the “more efficient” route to go?

Careful what you wish for. Liberty fans were delighted to get Han, and now she's barely given a footnote.

root_thing

PostPosted: 02/12/21 3:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Teams retain the rights to a deferrals, and work out the rest later. Maybe Kuier gets better overseas and her value goes up. She then becomes a valuable trade piece or member of the team.

Not understanding your angle here other than desperately wanting Kuier to drop to #6. Under the scenario that Bibb is stuck with most of the picks, what would be the “more efficient” route to go?

Careful what you wish for. Liberty fans were delighted to get Han, and now she's barely given a footnote.

My "angle" is that basketball is a five-position sport. Those other positions need help too. I know at least one Wings fan wants Chelsea Dungee with that #5 pick.

As for Han, you can check my posts from the 2019 draft thread. I didn't want a project center at that time. As far as I can remember, no NY fans were pushing for Han. However, once the pick was made and Xu arrived in NY, a lot of us liked what we saw. Still, I've been saying all along that it is not only Han's decision whether or not she comes over. It's really up to the bureaucrats at the Chinese Basketball Association. Kuier should have much fewer problems. Finland is not a communist country that orders it's people about. Also, the Finnish National Team is not very competitive so Awak will have fewer obligations.

PostPosted: 02/12/21 4:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
I confess to being biased because I want a post player to fall to NY at #6. However, just looking at it logically, Dallas has Sabally established as their present and future PF. They also took Alarie at #5 in a better draft last season. So, it just looks crazy to me for them to take Collier, Mack, and Kuier with 1,2, and 5. Unless their long-term goal is to thumb their noses at all the small ball people by going supersize. Use Kuier and Alarie as your backcourt and Satou as the SF. Move aside midgets, we gonna play BIG BALL! Laughing

Somebody has got to put an end to this small ball BS. Razz (It is ironic though that when the WNBA started getting really big players, small ball came into fashion.)

Shades

PostPosted: 02/12/21 4:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I guess they do have a guard spot open if they’re using Gray as a SF. But she wouldn’t get much playing time unless she outplays Mabrey or Ogunbowale gets injured.

So it comes down to what’s wiser for Dallas, #5 on a deferral for Kuier OR #5 on a guard.

Would the Liberty take Kuier at #6 even if she lets it be known she’s not showing up?

Do the Liberty take Dungee at #6 if a Top 3 post isn’t available? That SG position is potentially overloaded. Durr, Johannes, JJones, Whitcomb. Dallas fans might be able to rest easy thinking Dungee will be there at #7.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 02/13/21 4:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I’m Praying for Trade With PHX to Bring BG home !

#1 & 5 Along with Alarie if needed for BG.

PHX can then Draft Collier who fits their system better IMO. Alarie would be a bonus along with whomever they choose at 5?

PostPosted: 02/13/21 6:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:

PHX can then Draft Collier who fits their system better IMO. Alarie would be a bonus along with whomever they choose at 5?

What if she pulls a "Liz/Skylar" after one year and now you traded not only Bella but all of your best assets to bring her here???

IM in OC

PostPosted: 02/13/21 6:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bella Alarie back playing on Sunday(6am EST) for Avenida in Spain. I would think even with the time off she will get lots of game time as Avenida has injuries to 2 other bigs, Milic and Gajic and Hof is on Covid Quarentine. KLS might play the 4, too.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 02/14/21 9:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

What if she pulls a "Liz/Skylar" after one year and now you traded not only Bella but all of your best assets to bring her here???

That can happen with any player. She’s worth the risk IMO . If that were the case I’d just round up more PP’s and shoot for the next big thing again Laughing

PostPosted: 02/14/21 9:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:

They do say everything *is* bigger in Texas.

(now with spelling variations)
johnjohnW

PostPosted: 02/14/21 10:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I won't talk trash about Dallas in this thread. I don't mind the franchise or their arena. I commend their fanbase for being very loyal and defensive.

That being said, I don't put much stock in the Brittney wanting a trade from PHX talk. I just feel like it would've happened already. A lot of chips are now off the table. If she was really wanting a trade, why not go the EDD or Cambage route and just say it? She's not shy about speaking her mind. Her grievances always seem to be with the league at large. The bubble didn't work for her for whatever reason. It wouldn't have been any different if her jersey was a different color.

Maybe she hates Diana all the sudden? Getting shipped to one of the weakest teams in the league, that'll show them!

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 02/14/21 12:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

That can happen with any player. She’s worth the risk IMO . If that were the case I’d just round up more PP’s and shoot for the next big thing again Laughing

Ooooook, be careful what you ask for 😲😜

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 02/14/21 12:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

johnjohnW wrote:
I won't talk trash about Dallas in this thread. I don't mind the franchise or their arena. I commend their fanbase for being very loyal and defensive.

That being said, I don't put much stock in the Brittney wanting a trade from PHX talk. I just feel like it would've happened already. A lot of chips are now off the table. If she was really wanting a trade, why not go the EDD or Cambage route and just say it? She's not shy about speaking her mind. Her grievances always seem to be with the league at large. The bubble didn't work for her for whatever reason. It wouldn't have been any different if her jersey was a different color.

Maybe she hates Diana all the sudden? Getting shipped to one of the weakest teams in the league, that'll show them!

Damn, I must say that I agree with this point of view....even thou I hate to admit it 😒

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 02/14/21 5:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I’ll take a Core of Arike & BG / Sabally any day . I’d even settle for nneka in that trio Laughing

PostPosted: 02/14/21 5:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
I’ll take a Core of Arike & BG / Sabally any day . I’d even settle for nneka in that trio Laughing

Oh, what a tough life having to "settle" for adding 2 MVP calibre players!

That would be a really fun team to watch for sure.

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 02/14/21 6:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:

I would prefer Nneka, not from a talent standpoint of one vs the other, but moreso of a reliability and commitment factor!

Stormeo

PostPosted: 02/25/21 5:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Wings have waived Astou Ndour (aka the rest of her contract where it appears she was guaranteed to make a good $385k over the next two years). 🤯 Wow.

myrtle

PostPosted: 02/25/21 6:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pretty much guarantees they plan to draft two posts...and hoping they can contribute right away.

- Amanda Gorman
Randy

PostPosted: 02/25/21 6:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
pretty much guarantees they plan to draft two posts...and hoping they can contribute right away.

Collier and Mack then?

Richyyy

PostPosted: 02/25/21 6:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

More detail on Ndour: https://twitter.com/RichardCohen1/status/1365080465942736905?s=20

PostPosted: 02/25/21 7:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LOL, Dallas being Dallas.

PostPosted: 02/25/21 7:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
More detail on Ndour: https://twitter.com/RichardCohen1/status/1365080465942736905?s=20

A buyout certainly makes more sense than just waiving her in her entirety like the Wings’ press release suggested (still, I probably should’ve known better than to take an official WNBA press release at face-value Laughing ). Still a little surprised they didn’t give her another year where things could’ve been different under a new coach, but oh well.

Once she clears waivers, maybe she’ll somehow find her way back to the Sky. Or I wonder if the Storm would give her a chance, given the Dan Hughes connection. On a non-guaranteed vet min deal, I’d be all for it – if she’s even still looking to play in the League at any point this year (based on the ‘team-friendly’ buyout %, it seems like she is though?).

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 02/25/21 8:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
Richyyy wrote:

A buyout certainly makes more sense than just waiving her in her entirety like the Wings’ press release suggested (still, I probably should’ve known better than to take an official WNBA press release at face-value Laughing ). Still a little surprised they didn’t give her another year where things could’ve been different under a new coach, but oh well.

Once she clears waivers, maybe she’ll somehow find her way back to the Sky. Or I wonder if the Storm would give her a chance, given the Dan Hughes connection. On a non-guaranteed vet min deal, I’d be all for it – if she’s even still looking to play in the League at any point this year (based on the ‘team-friendly’ buyout %, it seems like she is though?).

My take Ndour did not want to come back
The buy out basically gets her paid while skipping the season for the Olympics would not, so Ndour just got 100K to practice with her National team and next year can sign for just above the minimum somewhere making her a much more appealing pick up as an UFA than most and still make nearly 200K, sounds like a great deal to me.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 8 of 23

Jump to: