RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Seattle Storm 2021
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 24, 25, 26  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pilight

PostPosted: 02/13/21 4:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
I'd probably have to change my username in the meantime; although, 'Liberteo' doesn't have quite the same ring to it. Wink

It's better than Wingeo. If you went with what sounds best you'd probably end up as Mercureo.

PostPosted: 02/13/21 4:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Stormeo wrote:
I'd probably have to change my username in the meantime; although, 'Liberteo' doesn't have quite the same ring to it. Wink

It's better than Wingeo. If you went with what sounds best you'd probably end up as Mercureo.

Watch out for Tybalt.

PostPosted: 02/13/21 4:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Stormeo wrote:

I mean, "Mercureo" is the joint name you give Romeo & Mercutio when the film/stage adaptation they're in portrays them as a little more than just good friends. Razz

ClayK wrote:
Watch out for Tybalt.

At that point, he better watch out for me first...

Randy

PostPosted: 02/13/21 7:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Did you think of Dreameo?

root_thing

PostPosted: 02/13/21 7:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Did you think of Dreameo?

The hero from a novel in the Young Adult category.

PostPosted: 02/13/21 7:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Days like this I miss Miami. Soleo would absolutely have been the best answer.

PostPosted: 02/13/21 10:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
I'd probably have to change my username in the meantime; although, 'Liberteo' doesn't have quite the same ring to it.

If you add St. John's as a college interest, you don't even have to do that. Join me. Join me in my pain.

(now with spelling variations)
blaase22

PostPosted: 02/13/21 10:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
This is less scientific but I have a distinct memory of seeing Richards her sophomore season playing defensive stopper with Brown and Cox upfront and I remember think there is a WNBA level player. She had the "It" factor that really excites me, but usually the "It" factor is something you see in offensive talents like Carter or Ogunbowale, so it did really strike me that that is how I reacted to Richards but based solely on her defense and energy. In the last two years she has developed her PG skills so now instead of being like a stopper wing who can't shoot, she is now a large defensive minded PG who can't shoot. Bigger. stronger D-Rob? at Any rate I think she will have a place in the W, and I think she is a good fit on Seattle which has scoring at many positions.

I haven't seen Guirantes enough. I am by no means saying Richards is better, all I am saying is I see Richards having a role in the W.

I would probably consider Guirantes at 4 for Indy. If Dallas takes Two posts at 1 and 2 Guirantes at 5 makes sense, I might also consider Westbrook.

If I am Seattle Guirantes or Richards at 11 would be a good pick up.

Don’t see how Richards gets past the lynx at 9 (if Dungee is off the board).

Stormeo

PostPosted: 02/13/21 10:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
Stormeo wrote:
I'd probably have to change my username in the meantime; although, 'Liberteo' doesn't have quite the same ring to it.

If you add St. John's as a college interest, you don't even have to do that. Join me. Join me in my pain.

Funny you should mention specifically that school, seeing as John is actually my name irl. Surprised Also I'm in enough pain here as it relates to my completely irrelevant west-coast Huskies (four years ago was actually four million years ago as it turns out), so thanks for the offer! But I shall pass. At one point earlier this season, St. John's had a former Husky on the roster named Semebene, but I heard she left the team (St. John's was like her third or maybe even fourth college team). However, I will be keeping a close eye on Leilani Correa the rest of the way in hopes that she'll make it into the W in a few years, so hopefully the team will start winning with her so as to elevate her profile – and to relieve you of your pain! 😩

pilight wrote:
Days like this I miss Miami. Soleo would absolutely have been the best answer.

'Tis a good name, but at that point, I would've just ended up going with the name of this excellently designed Pokémon instead. Quite honestly, that could very well become my backup username simply in spite of this delightfully unexpected discourse. Smile

Last edited by Stormeo on 02/23/21 6:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Queenie

PostPosted: 02/14/21 9:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
Queenie wrote:
Stormeo wrote:

Funny you should mention specifically that school, seeing as John is actually my name irl. Surprised Also I'm in enough pain here as it relates to my completely irrelevant west-coast Huskies (four years ago was actually four million years ago as it turns out), so thanks for the offer! But I shall pass. At one point earlier this season, St. John's had a former Husky on the roster named Semebene, but I heard she left the team (St. John's was like her third or maybe even fourth college team). However, I will be keeping a close eye on Leilani Correa the rest of the way in hopes that she'll make it into the W in a few years, so hopefully the team will start winning with her so as to elevate her profile – and to relieve you of your pain! 😩

Honestly, I lost track of our incoming junior college transfers. I had initially heard that Semebene was hurt, but I no longer see her on the roster. But yes, I would like to go back to winning again. Going to the NCAA tournament on a regular basis was fun and so was getting our kids drafted.

Sorry, everyone else, for the tangent.

(now with spelling variations)
myrtle

PostPosted: 02/14/21 12:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

omg, your 'eo's' got me rofl this morning. And that just made me think of old mcDonald and his ee-i-ee-i-oohs. Laughing Laughing

and am I Cardio??! Laughing oh, my heart!

Stormeo

PostPosted: 02/23/21 2:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Storm's 2020 3rd-Round Pick Haley Gorecki has been signed to a training camp contract.

Quote:
The Storm selected Gorecki in the third round of the 2020 WNBA draft with the No. 31 overall pick. In 2020, she played overseas in Spain for Casademont Zaragoza, averaging 9.0 points and 4.3 rebounds per game.

Gorecki averaged a career-high 18.5 points and 4.4 assists per game in her final year at Duke University. In back-to-back seasons, she led the Blue Devils in average points, rebounds and assists. A top-5 finalist for the 2020 Ann Meyers Drysdale Award and two-time All-ACC First Team selection, Gorecki also garnered 2020 All-ACC Defensive Team honors.

I'm happy we're giving her a legitimate chance. And really, though her odds to make the team remain highly unlikely, they're marginally better this year with our new roster dynamics imo than they would've been last year, especially considering she now has overseas play under her belt.

Anyone know why she isn't playing for Zaragoza anymore? Injury reasons? A paycheck issue?

Richyyy

PostPosted: 02/23/21 3:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I mean, if Talbot doesn't show up, and TYoung is past it, and Laksa sucks, and they go foreign with their first-round pick, then maybe Gorecki makes it. So, y'know, good luck.

PostPosted: 02/23/21 4:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

[quote="Stormeo"]The Storm's 2020 3rd-Round Pick Haley Gorecki has been signed to a training camp contract.

Quote:
The Storm selected Gorecki in the third round of the 2020 WNBA draft with the No. 31 overall pick. In 2020, she played overseas in Spain for Casademont Zaragoza, averaging 9.0 points and 4.3 rebounds per game.

Gorecki averaged a career-high 18.5 points and 4.4 assists per game in her final year at Duke University. In back-to-back seasons, she led the Blue Devils inlt. average points, rebounds and assists. A top-5 finalist for the 2020 Ann Meyers Drysdale Award and two-time All-ACC First Team selection, Gorecki also garnered 2020 All-ACC Defensive Team honors.

I'm happy we're giving her a legitimate chance. And really, though her odds to make the team remain highly unlikely, they're marginally better this year with our new roster dynamics imo than they would've been last year, especially considering she now has overseas play under her be

Anyone know why she isn't playing for Zaragoza anymore? Injury reasons? A paycheck issue?[/quote]

http://www.basketzaragoza.net/noticias/casademont-zaragoza-y-haley-gorecki-acuerdan-la-rescisi%C3%B3n-de-su-contrato

Stormeo

PostPosted: 02/23/21 5:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

IM in OC wrote:
Stormeo wrote:
The Storm's 2020 3rd-Round Pick Haley Gorecki has been signed to a training camp contract.

Quote:

Gorecki averaged a career-high 18.5 points and 4.4 assists per game in her final year at Duke University. In back-to-back seasons, she led the Blue Devils inlt. average points, rebounds and assists. A top-5 finalist for the 2020 Ann Meyers Drysdale Award and two-time All-ACC First Team selection, Gorecki also garnered 2020 All-ACC Defensive Team honors.

I'm happy we're giving her a legitimate chance. And really, though her odds to make the team remain highly unlikely, they're marginally better this year with our new roster dynamics imo than they would've been last year, especially considering she now has overseas play under her be

Anyone know why she isn't playing for Zaragoza anymore? Injury reasons? A paycheck issue?

http://www.basketzaragoza.net/noticias/casademont-zaragoza-y-haley-gorecki-acuerdan-la-rescisi%C3%B3n-de-su-contrato

Thanks for the link! A mundane 'mutual parting of the ways'-type of situation, it seems. I guess it's too bad she didn't do better for her sake, statistically speaking. At least this means she'll be on time to camp, barring her signing with a different overseas team (probably too late for that anyway).

Richyyy wrote:
I mean, if Talbot doesn't show up, and TYoung is past it, and Laksa sucks, and they go foreign with their first-round pick, then maybe Gorecki makes it. So, y'know, good luck.

Still better odds than last year. Although, it's very possible we did this only as an act of kindness & have no intention of keeping her through even the entirety of camp, especially now that I see that she didn't exactly have a 'breakout' first (half-)season overseas. The one thing Gorecki does have going for her that the other campers including Laksa don't is experience running an offense. With Bird sure to miss X amount of games – if not due to injury, then rest, or both – it's good to have an extra ballhandler in case any of the backups (Canada, Prince, Loyd) have to miss games as well. Even then, I'd rather us draft a non-deferral PG in the 2nd round and keep her, since there should still be one or two good ones available by then. But as always, time will tell.

canadaball

PostPosted: 02/23/21 7:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:

I doubt this myth that Aussie players won't show up for the W this year. As I noted elsewhere, Australia has some of the toughest viral rules anywhere (they just shut down a whole city, and crowds at the Open for just one case; any incoming visitor has to quarantine for 2 weeks; heck, some native Aussies overseas are having trouble getting home at all): the national team coach (and assistant Penny Taylor) will be in Phx, . I believe, unlike these European teams with both Eurobasket and Olympics, it is likely the Opals will never set foot at home in their pre-Olympic preparations (recent example: Nigeria national team practiced in Atlanta). Why would any of these Opal/W players pass on WNBA money, if they can make a roster???

IM in OC

PostPosted: 03/01/21 4:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/usab3x3/status/1366478368825217024

KLS will be on 3 x 3 Olympic Qualifying team

OLYMPIC QUALIFYING
ORIGINALLY SCHEDULED FOR MARCH 18-22, 2020, THE 2020 OLYMPIC QUALIFYING TOURNAMENT WAS POSTPONED AND WILL NOW TAKE PLACE MAY 26-30, 2021, IN GRAZ, AUSTRIA. THE UNITED STATES WOMEN WILL NEED TO FINISH IN THE TOP THREE IN ORDER TO QUALIFY FOR THE OLYMPIC GAMES IN TOKYO.

sithinfiltrator

PostPosted: 03/02/21 2:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Not that it was at all in doubt, but Bird finally resigned.

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/storm/four-time-wnba-champion-sue-bird-re-signs-with-seattle-storm/

PostPosted: 03/02/21 3:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sithinfiltrator wrote:
Not that it was at all in doubt, but Bird finally resigned.

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/storm/four-time-wnba-champion-sue-bird-re-signs-with-seattle-storm/

It was only a matter of time but I am glad that Bird is finally resigned to the fact that she is no longer the player she was. Laughing

PostPosted: 03/02/21 3:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Expected but great news Very Happy but i wonder what the Storm are going to announce today. They are making a big deal out of some announcement on the 2nd of March so is it a new jersey? New logo (hope not)?

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
IM in OC

PostPosted: 03/02/21 12:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Winsidr article on Russell and Magbegor play overseas.

https://winsidr.com/2021/03/scouting-overseas-can-ezi-magbegor-mercedes-russell-keep-the-storm-afloat/

Stormeo

PostPosted: 03/02/21 1:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The new logo: https://twitter.com/seattlestorm/status/1366814341727576064?s=20

So big. So pointy. Hate it. Nothing was wrong with our old one. Y’all can rake me over the coals for feeling that way, but idc. Changing our roster was one thing, but we didn’t need to change our logo in the process, too. Doing a soft rebrand of sorts after winning a championship (as opposed to preceding a rebuild) is a dubious business endeavor imo.

myrtle

PostPosted: 03/02/21 3:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It looks....industrial. Confused

PickledGinger

PostPosted: 03/02/21 3:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't hate the design. I do hate that neon diarrhea green accent color.

PostPosted: 03/02/21 4:50 pm    ::: Diarrhea green Reply Reply with quote

Pickled Ginger are you talking about the thunder (the darker one) or the neon green? Because I really like the neon and if that’s the one you’re comparing to diarrhea I think you might need to see a doctor Shocked

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 12 of 26

Jump to: