WNBA 09

PostPosted: 01/29/21 3:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:
Stormeo wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
Stormeo wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Nobody’s trading Arike so whoever those “ a lot “ of people are can go to bed .

Even though I'm changing the subject...I have a feeling Allisha won't be suiting up for us after free agency is over! What are your thoughts on her?

I know you didn't ask me lol, but Dallas needs Allisha Gray; imo she's the Wings' most consistent player on both sides of the ball. Wings need to match any offer sheet she signs, even if it's an overpay (I don't suspect she'll be getting a max deal from another team, but even then).

The only way y'all should give Allisha Gray up is in a blockbuster trade to get an established superstar – such as Brittney Griner.

No, I wasn't saying I hopes she's leaving (she's my favorite player) I terrified she was leaving because I felt someone else would outbid us for her😲

Good thing Gray's sticking around then!
Wait, I need to know what you thought of the trade I proposed on the Storm thread. Honestly can't tell if "WOW" means "let's do that trade today!" or "stfu you're fleecin' us" Laughing

Minus the stfu part, you were definately fleecing us 😁😁😁

Just say megdal and his shades will break...don't entertain it . We will win soon !! Cool Cool

PostPosted: 02/07/21 11:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
myrtle wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
Randy wrote:
Kind of weird she doesn't want to get on the first Mega Bus heading out of Texas like everyone else.

More worried by all the vets who aren't going to have jobs (or are going to have to fight for the vet minimum at most) than excited by the possibility of the small group that get overpaid. Can always ask for a trade later if you're desperate to get out of town.

She grew up in Texas and went to college in Texas, so it's not so weird that she wants to stay there. It's just that I think she could play a much bigger role on a different team.

It’s tough seeing a starting role for her unless they’re starting Ogunbowale at PG (bad idea). But the Wings are the best at bad ideas.

Jefferson/Harris
Ogunbowale/Mabrey
AGray/Thornton
Sabally/KLS/Alarie
Harrison/Ndour/Gustafson

How did y'all get to talking about all of this in the Storm thread? Rolling Eyes
There's at least one person in this thread who should certainly know better, as he would 100% harp on others for derailing a topic.
Anywho, Thornton will in all likelihood be with Dallas at least through the end of this year by signing this extension, so those Storm trade dreams are dreams deferred, for now. Great extension for Dallas. The post group though beyond Sabally & maybe Harrison is still extremely borderline (weird oxymoron but I'm leaving it in here). Between Breland, Dupree, Zahui B., and GloJo (assuming the latter two didn't leave the organization on bad terms) – there are still some good vets out there who can help Vickie Johnson implement her system. The Wings could certainly afford them at this point as well, with most other teams at this point unable to freely sign any more free agents.

Last edited by Stormeo on 02/08/21 2:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Richyyy

PostPosted: 02/08/21 2:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dallas have a lot of salary tied up through next year in players who didn't help them much last season, and are already struggling for roster space. I'm not sure if any of those players make them better enough to be worth the opportunity cost.

PostPosted: 02/08/21 1:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
Shades wrote:
Myrtle wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
Quote:
Kind of weird she doesn't want to get on the first Mega Bus heading out of Texas like everyone else.

More worried by all the vets who aren't going to have jobs (or are going to have to fight for the vet minimum at most) than excited by the possibility of the small group that get overpaid. Can always ask for a trade later if you're desperate to get out of town.

She grew up in Texas and went to college in Texas, so it's not so weird that she wants to stay there. It's just that I think she could play a much bigger role on a different team.

It’s tough seeing a starting role for her unless they’re starting Ogunbowale at PG (bad idea). But the Wings are the best at bad ideas.

Jefferson/Harris
Ogunbowale/Mabrey
AGray/Thornton
Sabally/KLS/Alarie
Harrison/Ndour/Gustafson

How did y'all get to talking about all of this in the Storm thread? Rolling Eyes
There's at least one person in this thread who should certainly know better, as he would 100% harp on others for derailing a topic.
Anywho, Thornton will in all likelihood be with Dallas at least through the end of this year by signing this extension, so those Storm trade dreams are dreams deferred, for now. Great extension for Dallas. The post group though beyond Sabally & maybe Harrison is still extremely borderline (weird oxymoron but I'm leaving it in here). Between Breland, Dupree, Zahui B., and GloJo (assuming the latter two didn't leave the organization on bad terms) – there are still some good vets out there who can help Vickie Johnson implement her system. The Wings could certainly afford them at this point as well, with most other teams at this point unable to freely sign any more free agents.

You got your quotes mixed up here - I said the one about her growing up in Texas, not the one about her getting a bus out of Texas. I fixed mine, but not sure who said the other ones.

- Amanda Gorman
Stormeo

PostPosted: 02/08/21 2:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
You got your quotes mixed up here - I said the one about her growing up in Texas, not the one about her getting a bus out of Texas. I fixed mine, but not sure who said the other ones.

My bad. Had to recreate the whole conversation manually since a glitch wasn't letting me quote it automatically. Fixed the quote authors above in mine now. Point still stood though, y'all carried on the Thornton/Wings discourse on the Storm thread for quite a long time. Laughing All over with now.

pilight

PostPosted: 02/09/21 2:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Sky are sending their 2022 second-round draft pick to the Wings for their 2021 second-round pick (No. 16 overall)

PostPosted: 02/09/21 2:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
The Sky are sending their 2022 second-round draft pick to the Wings for their 2021 second-round pick (No. 16 overall)

Good trade for Dallas to start – once again – cutting down on their assets for this season...

Skyfan22

PostPosted: 02/09/21 9:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dallas making moves in free agency. Exciting. Y’all better watch out for the Wings. They’re coming out swinging.

Shades

PostPosted: 02/09/21 9:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

I think that’s a good sign that the Wings have been shopping their draft picks.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
DFWub2018

PostPosted: 02/09/21 10:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Skyfan22 wrote:
Dallas making moves in free agency. Exciting. Y’all better watch out for the Wings. They’re coming out swinging.

I hope you're right because my patience is running thin with Greg Bibb!

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 02/10/21 12:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Skyfan22 wrote:

Just shut up ok ! Laughing Laughing Laughing
I trust we have a plan that may go down before or on draft day Cool Cool

PostPosted: 02/10/21 1:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

How’s Gustafson doing? Has she picked up a three point shot yet?

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 02/10/21 10:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Skyfan22 wrote:

Looks like we got it done before draft day even better. Damn I wanted Howard but obviously she wanted NY. Guess we will have to take 2 more young chicken wings to the premature group. Hopefully some early declares make themselves known ! *Cough Cough Austin* At least we found a way to move KLS now if we can figure out what to do with Ndour and Gustafson I may be able to smirk a bit Laughing

PostPosted: 02/10/21 10:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Skyfan22 wrote:

Looks like we got it done before draft day even better. Damn I wanted Howard but obviously she wanted NY. Guess we will have to take 2 more young chicken wings to the premature group. Hopefully some early declares make themselves known ! *Cough Cough Austin* At least we found a way to move KLS now if we can figure out what to do with Ndour and Gustafson I may be able to smirk a bit Laughing

Y'all got the #1 for a bag of chips. I know it's a weak draft, but I'd have thought you'd be more excited. Laughing Gustafson can just be cut if she shows nothing in camp. Ndour may at least opt out of this season and not count on the cap. It's Jefferson who y'all need to be rid of. (If the Storm had the cap space for her contract, I bet we would've called about her even if she only has half a working leg these days. Rolling Eyes )

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 02/11/21 1:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Skyfan22 wrote:

I honestly think Ndour's regression had more to do with a distain for Agler rather than her actual ability to play the way she did in Chicago! I predict she's going to have a MUCH better season with a new coach and a new system...could be wrong, but I have a good feeling about her this season!!! As for Meagan, well you already know how I feel about that waste of a pick, hell even Agler didn't care for her which is one of the reasons he an Bibb didn't see eye to eye!

mavcarter
#NATC

PostPosted: 02/11/21 1:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Because the players drafted after Gustafson have been setting the league on fire. Laughing

PostPosted: 02/11/21 1:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:
Because the players drafted after Gustafson have been setting the league on fire. Laughing

I mean, I’ve never seen such high expectations for a mid-second round pick Laughing

Queenie

PostPosted: 02/11/21 11:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure y'all are stuck with Gustafson unless you want to be attacked by the Children of the Corn again.

PostPosted: 02/12/21 6:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
I'm pretty sure y'all are stuck with Gustafson unless you want to be attacked by the Children of the Corn again.

No way Bibb is stupid enough to walk away from picks #1 & 2 for some damn Meagan Gustafson....if he does, I'm done as a STH!!!

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 02/12/21 8:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/wings/2021/02/12/wings-hopeful-wnba-draft-stock-can-build-a-championship-foundation-in-dallas/

Quote:

Building that long-lasting foundation is a common goal around the franchise. For Bibb, it comes down to loyalty and Kayla Thornton.

If the team didn’t have the production, talent and loyalty in a person such as Thornton, the decision to make deals such as the one to trade Samuelson would have been much harder, Bibb said.

Quote:
“We’re now on offense, rather than defense like we’ve been for the last couple of years,” Bibb said. “If you have the first pick in the draft, you’re going to get a darn good basketball player. And if you decide not to use that pick, you’re going to be able to go get a darn good basketball player another way.

PostPosted: 02/12/21 11:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If Dallas doesn't have a bigger plan or can't pull it off why not trade 5 and 7 to Atl for 3

with Atl signing Ch. Parker and Hawkins they need gaud wings more than posts so would probably be amenable to that trade

Dallas can draft Collier, Mack and Davis 1, 2, and 3

Harris/Jefferson
Ogunbowale/Mabrey
Gray/Thorton/Davis
Sabally/Mack/Alarie
Harrison/Collier

Shades

PostPosted: 02/12/21 11:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Building that long-lasting foundation is a common goal around the franchise.

Let’s examine that foundation:
Cambage 2011 #2 (Traded after 3 seasons. Current LVA starting center)
GJohnson 2012 #4 (Not re-signed after 7 seasons. Current UFA)
Diggins 2013 #3 (Traded after 6 seasons. Current PHX starting guard)
Sims 2014 #2 (Traded after 3 seasons. Current MIN starting guard)
Zahui 2015 #2 (Traded after 1 season. Current LAS player)
Powers 2016 #5 (Traded after 2 and a fraction seasons. Current status in limbo)
Akhator 2017 #3 (Cut after 1 season. Never played in WNBA again)
Stevens 2018 #6 (Traded after 2 seasons. Current CHI player)
Ogunbowale 2019 #5 (Current starting guard)
Sabally 2020 #2 (Current starting forward)
_______ 2021 #1
_______ 2021 #2
_______ 2021 #5
_______ 2021 #7

Good quality players. There is a tendency to draft the “me over team” type players that can give a team stability problems. Need a good front office to offset that me factor or avoid it altogether.

Quote:
For Bibb, it comes down to loyalty and Kayla Thornton.

In other words, she was willing to stay with cheap contract.

Shades

PostPosted: 02/12/21 12:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
If Dallas doesn't have a bigger plan or can't pull it off why not trade 5 and 7 to Atl for 3

with Atl signing Ch. Parker and Hawkins they need gaud wings more than posts so would probably be amenable to that trade

Harris/Jefferson
Ogunbowale/Mabrey
Gray/Thorton/Davis
Sabally/Mack/Alarie
Harrison/Collier

I’d be surprised if that wouldn’t be the worst team in the league.

I have a feeling you won’t need #3 to get Davis.

Would Ndour get traded or just cut with a cap hit?

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 02/12/21 12:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:

Harris/Jefferson
Ogunbowale/Mabrey
Gray/Thorton/Davis
Sabally/Mack/Alarie
Harrison/Collier

I’d be surprised if that wouldn’t be the worst team in the league.

I have a feeling you won’t need #3 to get Davis.

Would Ndour get traded or just cut with a cap hit?

I am just having her not show up because it makes it a little easier

too many picks and players

even if they are looking to trade with PX or LA neither has that many spots left

I guess something like pick 1, pick 5 and Alarie is a place to start

I doubt either team would want Jefferson because she is expensive and it sounds like Dallas is pretty committed to Thorton and Gray, maybe Harris instead of Alarie? And unless they get a couple great players in return risking the 1st round pick in 22 is very risky.

OTOH if they don't make a big move a lot of young talent with potential isn't a bad place to be, the core of Ogunbowale, Sabally, Gray, this years #1 and #2 pick will probably be really good in a couple of seasons.

Shades

PostPosted: 02/12/21 1:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What big moves are left, Spooner? It’s getting late in the game.
Bird isn’t going anywhere. Cambage isn’t going back to Dallas.

PHX got themselves into cap problems, so I suppose Griner is a possibility.
Reeve also has an entanglement to fix, so I suppose Fowles is an outside possibility. It’d be wise to get what you can now that you’re set up to not really need her.

If Bibb ends up keeping all these picks it’ll most likely end up with being wasted assets in one way or another.

If he can’t get a top vet player, maybe go with Collier and Mack.

If Kuier ends up being a deferral, that’s another easy pick.
If she doesn’t defer maybe she’s Top 2, but that’s still a tough call at this point.

Maybe two first round picks this year for a first round next year? Which team needs first round picks this year?

Last edited by Shades on 02/12/21 2:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 7 of 23

Jump to: