RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Should conference tournaments happen this year?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you think conference tournaments should happen this season?
Yes
44%
 44%  [ 12 ]
No
55%
 55%  [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 27

purduefanatic

PostPosted: 02/05/21 12:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
A team might not throw a tournament game, but if you've got that tournament bid in your pocket maybe you rest some players with minor ailments that you might otherwise play.

This already happens all the time during conference tournaments when top teams already know they have a bid locked up. Players don't play or play as much when they aren't healthy and the extra few days of rest will help them get healthier leading into the Big Dance. Why risk a player further injuring him/herself when playing a 7th seed in the quarterfinal of the ACC Tourney? The risk/reward is pretty clear.

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 02/05/21 12:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
A team might not throw a tournament game, but if you've got that tournament bid in your pocket maybe you rest some players with minor ailments that you might otherwise play.

I agree, and would see that as an earned benefit of having won a long and perhaps grueling regular season war. Strong motivations would still exist to win the conference tournament: pride, competitiveness, not losing to traditional rivals, trophies, medals, All-Conference and All-American team and POY selections, NCAA tournament seeding.
linkster

PostPosted: 02/05/21 2:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Top teams would take their conference tournaments more seriously if the NCAA did in their seeding. Especially on the mens side a 1 seed can get knocked out in the second round and know they are staying a 1 seed.

I like what Geno said. The tournament is for the fans. If you ever get a chance, see the mens BE tournament at MSG. One great game after another.

Last edited by linkster on 02/05/21 6:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
pilight

PostPosted: 02/05/21 2:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:
I like what Geno said. The tournament is for the fans. If you ever get a chance see the mens BE tournament at MSG. One great game after another.

Aren't all the games for the fans?

PostPosted: 02/05/21 5:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:
Top teams would take their conference tournaments more seriously if the NCAA did in their seeding but especially on the mens side a 1 seed can get knocked out in the second round and know they are staying a 1 seed.
I like what Geno said. The tournament is for the fans. If you ever get a chance see the mens BE tournament at MSG. One great game after another.

Unfortunately, not that many fans attend conference tournaments ...

PostPosted: 02/05/21 6:26 pm    ::: Entire NCCA tourney to be in San Antonio bubble Reply Reply with quote

Oops

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: