Board Junkies Forums

Chicago Sky 2021
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mavcarter
#NATC

PostPosted: 02/01/21 5:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Candace Parker signs 2-year deal with Sky: ‘I’m home’

https://chicago.suntimes.com/platform/amp/chicago-sky-and-wnba/2021/2/1/22260134/candace-parker-signs-2-year-deal-with-sky-im-home

Quote:
She’ll make a little less than the league’s regular max salary for 2021 of $190,550, a league source said.

Quote:
The Sky have discussed signing former first-round pick Brittany Boyd to a training-camp contract, giving her an opportunity to fill that need, a league source said.

PostPosted: 02/01/21 8:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:

https://chicago.suntimes.com/platform/amp/chicago-sky-and-wnba/2021/2/1/22260134/candace-parker-signs-2-year-deal-with-sky-im-home

Quote:
She’ll make a little less than the league’s regular max salary for 2021 of $190,550, a league source said.

Quote:
The Sky have discussed signing former first-round pick Brittany Boyd to a training-camp contract, giving her an opportunity to fill that need, a league source said.

Laughing Interesting pic for the article! Definitely need a backup pg....a smart, speedy guard who can shift the pace when Sloot is out would be awesome. Hmmm...shucks, anyone know what Boyd has been up to? Any thoughts about DRob or R. Montgomery? Could they find a way to get Allemond (sp) since Indy appears to be in rebuild mode? Wink

Iluvacc

PostPosted: 02/01/21 9:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WfanFrJmp wrote:
mavcarter wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Laughing Interesting pic for the article! Definitely need a backup pg....a smart, speedy guard who can shift the pace when Sloot is out would be awesome. Hmmm...shucks, anyone know what Boyd has been up to? Any thoughts about DRob or R. Montgomery? Could they find a way to get Allemond (sp) since Indy appears to be in rebuild mode? Wink

I hope Indy would not be foolish enough to get rid of Allemond? Shocked

WfanFrJmp

PostPosted: 02/01/21 10:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Iluvacc wrote:
WfanFrJmp wrote:
mavcarter wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

I hope Indy would not be foolish enough to get rid of Allemond? Shocked

Just thinking wishfully about really good pgs! It will be interesting to see who they get.

mavcarter
#NATC

PostPosted: 02/02/21 2:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Arielle (Ari) Chambers
ariivory

Michael Alter is speaking about how the @chicagosky vets were a huge part of the process of getting Candace Parker to the Sky. The question was something along the lines of "What is necessary to make the Sky a championship team?" Candace Parker being the answer.

Wade is so full of shit Laughing, but he’s the bet coach we’ve had so I’ll let it go..

PostPosted: 02/04/21 7:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Still not convinced this is a great move, but she certainly is getting a lot of press! Discussing her love of popular local food places doesn't hurt!

https://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/sky/ct-chicago-sky-candace-parker-portillos-20210203-3qc2k32nmrhoxbiobbdejcl63e-story.html

I don't eat meat, but lemme tell you - the Portillo's chocolate cake is the BOMB!!!! Laughing

PostPosted: 02/04/21 6:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:

Now that I think about it, the Sky, as the roster is now, can’t even afford Boyd if she were to make the team. They can literally only afford the first round pick or a minimum with 0-2 years of service.

PostPosted: 02/04/21 7:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:
Quote:

Now that I think about it, the Sky, as the roster is now, can’t even afford Boyd if she were to make the team. They can literally only afford the first round pick or a minimum with 0-2 years of service.

Yeah, she'd have to beat out someone like Mavunga (or trades could obviously change things up).

PostPosted: 02/04/21 8:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
mavcarter wrote:
Quote:

Yeah, she'd have to beat out someone like Mavunga (or trades could obviously change things up).

Chicago needs to move Dolson but then you gotta wonder at age 35 do you really want Parker or Stevens banging down low with players like Cambage and Fowles. The only good thing is Chicago is in the east so they don't really have that many dominate bigs in their conference

Randy

PostPosted: 02/04/21 8:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dolson is probably better than anyone at getting under Griner's skin.....

mavcarter
#NATC

PostPosted: 02/04/21 8:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I’m really not understanding where this “dump on Dolson” shit came from. Laughing

PostPosted: 02/04/21 9:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sparksfan wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
mavcarter wrote:
Quote:

Chicago needs to move Dolson but then you gotta wonder at age 35 do you really want Parker or Stevens banging down low with players like Cambage and Fowles. The only good thing is Chicago is in the east so they don't really have that many dominate bigs in their conference

This is irrelevant with the way the schedule is currently set up. Each team plays all 10 teams 3 times, with 1 rotating conference foe a 4th time. This means that any given team plays 16 conference games and 18 non-conference games.

PostPosted: 02/04/21 11:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:
I’m really not understanding where this “dump on Dolson” shit came from. :lol:

Most overrated multiple-time All-Star in WNBA history. Argue with ya drunk auntie.

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
mavcarter
#NATC

PostPosted: 02/05/21 10:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
mavcarter wrote:
I’m really not understanding where this “dump on Dolson” shit came from. Laughing

Most overrated multiple-time All-Star in WNBA history. Argue with ya drunk auntie.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 02/09/21 2:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Sky are sending their 2022 second-round draft pick to the Wings for their 2021 second-round pick (No. 16 overall)

#NATC

PostPosted: 02/09/21 2:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wade, what are you up to..

PostPosted: 02/09/21 2:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
The Sky are sending their 2022 second-round draft pick to the Wings for their 2021 second-round pick (No. 16 overall)

mavcarter wrote:

Only reason you do that trade if you're James Wade is to draft an international player you really like. There are a few French players this year that will likely hear their name called on Draft Night...

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 02/09/21 2:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
pilight wrote:

mavcarter wrote:

Only reason you do that trade if you're James Wade is to draft an international player you really like. There are a few French players this year that will likely hear their name called on Draft Night...

Or if you are trading multiple players for a single player and you need a cheap option to get the roster back to 11.

Stormeo

PostPosted: 02/09/21 2:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
Stormeo wrote:

Or if you are trading multiple players for a single player and you need a cheap option to get the roster back to 11.

Who ya got in mind? Surprised

Richyyy

PostPosted: 02/09/21 2:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

We've already seen multiple people signed this week who I've literally never heard of. You don't need draft picks to get your roster up to 11. Nor is there any rule that you have to be up to 11 until opening day.

PostPosted: 02/09/21 2:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:
Stormeo wrote:

Who ya got in mind? Surprised

I am just joking around, don't want to annoy the Chicago fans who weren't enamored with the idea

(See Seattle thread)

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 02/09/21 2:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
We've already seen multiple people signed this week who I've literally never heard of. You don't need draft picks to get your roster up to 11. Nor is there any rule that you have to be up to 11 until opening day.

Yeah, but you can actually get someone good in the early 2nd round of this draft, or at least someone who you would want on the team in that 11th spot.
(Could be there at 16 Dungee, Slocum, Carrington, K. Williams, Thompson, Jones, Walker, Perry, Rupert, Heal, Mangakahia, Pulliam)

(Also did Dallas have pick 16? I thought they had pick 13? in our thread it says Atl has pick 16.)

mavcarter
#NATC

PostPosted: 02/09/21 2:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
There are a few French players this year that will likely hear their name called on Draft Night...

If Rupert falls to 8 I’ll probably wet myself.

PostPosted: 02/09/21 2:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Chicago is the most logical landing spot for Natasha Howard. It's close to home for her. They're a contender who can reasonably believe they are a good post player from winning a championship. They actually have what the Storm are looking for. If Seattle believes Hughes can get DeShields' head screwed on straight then it makes perfect sense.

PostPosted: 02/09/21 2:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Chicago is the most logical landing spot for Natasha Howard. It's close to home for her. They're a contender who can reasonably believe they are a good post player from winning a championship. They actually have what the Storm are looking for. If Seattle believes Hughes can get DeShields' head screwed on straight then it makes perfect sense.

Shocked You really think they'd give up DeShields for Howard, or thereabouts? I mean, I would definitely do that trade at this point. But I also don't see how that would work out cap-wise on either end, even if Chicago had to include someone like Dolson.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 8 of 20

Jump to: