RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Minnesota Lynx 2021
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
WfanFrJmp

PostPosted: 01/28/21 7:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Just a couple days ago, Achonwa was awarded the Euroleague Day 6 top performer.
https://www.fiba.basketball/euroleaguewomen/20-21/news/achonwa-claims-gameday-6-top-performer-award

Yep! She looked really good in that game!

adamj95

PostPosted: 01/31/21 10:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

In today’s Star Tribune:

Quote:
Now she (Reeve) has built perhaps the deepest roster in franchise history, one so deep that she will almost certainly look to trade a couple of her current players for another impact player.

Hmmm 🤔

PostPosted: 01/31/21 12:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That's easy - Maya Moore - either way: coming or going.

Shades

PostPosted: 02/02/21 12:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Cheryl Reeve says Lynx 'improved our roster' in early free agency
https://www.startribune.com/cheryl-reeve-says-lynx-improved-our-roster-in-early-free-agency/600017796/

Quote:
Aerial Powers has agreed to terms with the Lynx, but the team has not officially announced that deal.

Maybe she’s waffling on the Lynx too. Maybe she just wants to play her video games.

Quote:
McBride, who comes to the Lynx from Las Vegas, brings a facet to the Lynx offense that has been missing: her ability to come off pindowns and score. The Lynx did that for years with Seimone Augustus and Maya Moore. And, not to put too much pressure on McBride, but she excels at this as well.

Quote:
This isn't the first time Reeve has pursued Achonwa; they talked in free agency two years ago.

Quote:
Achonwa, who figures to back up both Fowles and power forward Damiris Dantas, is a very good high-post passer, something Reeve had with both McWilliams-Franklin and Janel McCarville.

Spooner, you’ll have to put Dantas at the top of the depth chart. That might leave Carleton or MHH the odd man out. But of course, Carleton can play at the SG position, so maybe one of the guards will be odd man.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
J-Spoon

PostPosted: 02/02/21 12:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Cheryl Reeve says Lynx 'improved our roster' in early free agency
https://www.startribune.com/cheryl-reeve-says-lynx-improved-our-roster-in-early-free-agency/600017796/

Quote:
Aerial Powers has agreed to terms with the Lynx, but the team has not officially announced that deal.

Maybe she’s waffling on the Lynx too. Maybe she just wants to play her video games.

Quote:
McBride, who comes to the Lynx from Las Vegas, brings a facet to the Lynx offense that has been missing: her ability to come off pindowns and score. The Lynx did that for years with Seimone Augustus and Maya Moore. And, not to put too much pressure on McBride, but she excels at this as well.

Quote:
This isn't the first time Reeve has pursued Achonwa; they talked in free agency two years ago.

Quote:
Achonwa, who figures to back up both Fowles and power forward Damiris Dantas, is a very good high-post passer, something Reeve had with both McWilliams-Franklin and Janel McCarville.

Spooner, you’ll have to put Dantas at the top of the depth chart. That might leave Carleton or MHH the odd man out. But of course, Carleton can play at the SG position, so maybe one of the guards will be odd man.

Powers starting makes more sense to me but I guess there are still enough minutes for Collier/Dantas and Powers if you aren't very excited about your other PF and SF options. It does put MHH closer to the edge

Sims/Dangerfield
McBride/Brown/Banham
Collier/Powers/(Carleton)
Dantas/Shepard
Fowles/Achonwa

one spot left for MHH, Carleton or the #10 pick

I guess if you are Banham, Brown or Shepard you can't feel too comfortable either

I am going to pencil in Carleton, and go with 4 posts and Collier as enough coverage upfront

Maybe there is a two for one trade out there that Minny would consider, or a trade for future consideration?

Richyyy

PostPosted: 02/02/21 5:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shepard's coming off basically two seasons/years missed due to inury; MHH is coming off being the #5 pick last year - so I'd have them the other way round in likeliness to make the roster.

But I do think a small trade/cut is coming. Achonwa is one of the few from yesterday we don't have numbers on yet, and Powers isn't official, but I'm not convinced the three new signings are all going to fit in the space that the Lynx had. So they'd have to move or cut someone. And as you've illustrated, there aren't enough roster spots anyway, so it would basically just be making a decision now rather than in training camp.

PostPosted: 02/02/21 11:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Shepard's coming off basically two seasons/years missed due to inury; MHH is coming off being the #5 pick last year - so I'd have them the other way round in likeliness to make the roster.

But I do think a small trade/cut is coming. Achonwa is one of the few from yesterday we don't have numbers on yet, and Powers isn't official, but I'm not convinced the three new signings are all going to fit in the space that the Lynx had. So they'd have to move or cut someone. And as you've illustrated, there aren't enough roster spots anyway, so it would basically just be making a decision now rather than in training camp.

As you astutely noted on Twitter, Achonwa would make for the sixth guaranteed contract.

So to sign Powers one of Dantas, Fowles, or Sims would need to be moved. The obvious one of those three, unless Fowles has decided to retire has got to be Sims. Is it possible they look to move Sims and their draft pick to move up in the draft for Kuier?

PostPosted: 02/02/21 11:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Lynx moves make me wonder if Dantas is going to stay home

PostPosted: 02/02/21 11:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Everyone knows they need to make a deal - in that situation you're going to struggle to get much back. It's the sort of situation where in the NBA you'd have to attach a pick to get someone to take on Sims.

PostPosted: 02/02/21 1:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Everyone knows they need to make a deal - in that situation you're going to struggle to get much back. It's the sort of situation where in the NBA you'd have to attach a pick to get someone to take on Sims.

Hmm yeah. Good point.

Based on this all I'm assuming the CBA doesn't have any buyout clauses that just allow a team to take the cap hit but then free up a protected slot?

Or I suppose they could do a Sims, Brown, and 9 and maybe move up a slot or two? Otherwise probably just gonna end up trading Sims for fodder they can just cut.

PostPosted: 02/02/21 7:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If Minny is all in on the youth and new acquisitions
and Atl is all in on winning now maybe

Sims and #9 for Atl 2022 first round pick

Minny can go with the new build

Dangerfield/Brown
McBride/Carleton/Banham
Collier/Powers
Dantas/MHH/Shepard
Fowles/Achonwa

and has two first round picks in a strong draft for upgrades in 22

Atl adds more experience, defense and depth and might feel like it can compete for a decent playoff spot
Sims is a strong compliment on the perimeter for Carter, C. Will becomes a Lou Williams/Jamal Crawford type of instant offense off the bench player

Sims/Cazorla or Dietrick/pick #9 (Westbrook, Slocum)
Carter/C. Williams
Hayes/Strickland
E. Will/Billings/#3 (Davis, Austin, Mack, Kuier)
Ch. Parker/Brown or Brewer

Atl bets on themselves this season
and feels the continued growth of Carter, C, Williams, Billings, Brown or Brewer, pick 3 and pick 9 offers enough future upside to not worry about giving up a first round pick that they hope is 7 or above in 22

mavcarter
#NATC

PostPosted: 02/02/21 7:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:

Sims is an expiring, and if any GM is smart they’ve got to know the Lynx are desperate to remove a protected contract to make room for Powers(if she’s protected).

Atlanta should be better this season and quite frankly, should be a playoff team, but isn’t 2022 a deep draft?

Carter/Williams/Hayes/Sims would be entertaining though. Laughing

PostPosted: 02/02/21 8:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:

Sims is an expiring, and if any GM is smart they’ve got to know the Lynx are desperate to remove a protected contract to make room for Powers(if she’s protected).

Atlanta should be better this season and quite frankly, should be a playoff team, but isn’t 2022 a deep draft?

That is why I thought Minny would have to throw in the #9

Sims is still good enough to be considered worth a future first round pick if you are confident you can finish top 6. (The #9 pick gives you another way to improve on your end of bench options and an asset to hold onto if Sims leaves or doesn't work out.)

That Atl team has the ingredients to believe it could be a top 6 team, they might be wrong but at some point you have to make a move out of the bottom I guess the question is Atl willing to wait or not

there is some risk involved but if Atl wants to move up in the pecking order adding Ch. Parker and Sims is a legit way to do that if you believe in Carter's upside and hope that returning Hayes is relatively equal to outgoing Laney

Shades

PostPosted: 02/03/21 11:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If Fowles took early retirement and a front office job, would that take her guarantee off the books? Dantas and Achonwa should be able to get the job done at center. Can’t rely on Dangerfield to lead them to the promise land.

Randy

PostPosted: 02/03/21 11:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fowles for No. 3 pick? Deal?

Shades

PostPosted: 02/03/21 11:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:

Reeve probably fell in love with Fowles and wants to keep her in the Lynx “family” (unlike Augustus). A family that cuts or trades family members when Reeve gets reckless.

As far as a trade, #3 and Carter might raise some eyebrows. #3 and first in 2022? 🤔

mavcarter
#NATC

PostPosted: 02/03/21 4:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
If Fowles took early retirement and a front office job, would that take her guarantee off the books?

And give up the opportunity to play in another Olympics?

PostPosted: 02/04/21 2:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:

How about Maya, Brown and 9 for
3 and 2022 first.

MuneravenMN
Champion Tipster

PostPosted: 02/04/21 3:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Randy wrote:

Reeve probably fell in love with Fowles and wants to keep her in the Lynx “family” (unlike Augustus). A family that cuts or trades family members when Reeve gets reckless.

As far as a trade, #3 and Carter might raise some eyebrows. #3 and first in 2022? 🤔

Seimone wanted something that Reeve felt the team couldn't give and Seimone felt it was personal. Who knows how that fell out.

I don't know if Fowles is into the business side of the game or has aspirations to coach. Brunson clearly made herself a player-coach for years before she retired. Her work ethic alone makes her the best role model for young players. She was out practicing more than any other player for years (we would get to our seats early and there was Brunson, every damn game,practicing her outside shot with just a ball girl to shag balls).

PostPosted: 02/05/21 12:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allow="autoplay; fullscreen" src="https://w3.cdn.anvato.net/player/prod/v3/anvload.html?key=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%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" width ="640" height="360"></iframe>

MNfan22

PostPosted: 02/05/21 7:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
mavcarter wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:

Sims is still good enough to be considered worth a future first round pick if you are confident you can finish top 6. (The #9 pick gives you another way to improve on your end of bench options and an asset to hold onto if Sims leaves or doesn't work out.)

That Atl team has the ingredients to believe it could be a top 6 team, they might be wrong but at some point you have to make a move out of the bottom I guess the question is Atl willing to wait or not

there is some risk involved but if Atl wants to move up in the pecking order adding Ch. Parker and Sims is a legit way to do that if you believe in Carter's upside and hope that returning Hayes is relatively equal to outgoing Laney

Not a fan of the Powers move; especially once we had McBride lined up. But since cap space is needed, I could give ATL Sims, #9 and wouldn't have a problem sweetening the deal w/the rights to Moore (maybe helping the hometown team might light a new fire for her) for their '22 first rnd pick.

PostPosted: 02/05/21 8:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

MNfan22 wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:
mavcarter wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:

Not a fan of the Powers move; especially once we had McBride lined up. But since cap space is needed, I could give ATL Sims, #9 and wouldn't have a problem sweetening the deal w/the rights to Moore (maybe helping the hometown team might light a new fire for her) for their '22 first rnd pick.

I don’t expect Atlanta to be good but that 2022 pick aint worth that much.

Shades

PostPosted: 02/05/21 8:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

A returning Maya is worth a lot more than laypeople think.

pilight

PostPosted: 02/05/21 9:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

A returning Maya would be worth a lot. That's not gonna happen, though.

PostPosted: 02/05/21 9:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Shades wrote:

A returning Maya would be worth a lot. That's not gonna happen, though.

Your calls haven’t been good lately. It wouldn’t make sense to make her a part of the negotiations if she wasn’t returning. Is there PR value in having her retire as a member of the Dream even if she never plays a game for them? 🤔

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 3 of 12

Jump to: