RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Oregon 2020-2021
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ClayK

PostPosted: 01/16/21 1:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oregon is young and working through individual and team identities. Is there a leader? Is there a go-to scorer? Has everyone understood and accepted their roles? For that matter, have the coaches defined those roles?

It's a very tough league and though Oregon is not a team anyone wants to play, the Ducks are also vulnerable every time out. Such, of course, is youth ...

PostPosted: 01/16/21 7:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yeah, it's a bit disconcerting to see Oregon in a slump; stat lines don't lie, nor do they tell the whole story. Chemistry and leadership haven't taken solid form yet.

A team can't lose a hard-nosed, Take No Prisoners-type leader like Sabrina without feeling that effect. Apparently, she had no understudies who are stepping up into that role now.

*I* have faith....if anybody can get 'em rolling this season, it's Kelly, Campbell & Co. Cool

PostPosted: 01/16/21 8:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
*I* have faith....if anybody can get 'em rolling this season, it's Kelly, Campbell & Co. Cool

Speaking of Campbell, I wonder how much longer he'll be around. Both Colorado & Utah's coaches' contracts are scheduled to run out at the end of this season. I could see him taking either one of those positions... much to my chagrin. (My Huskies had our chance to make him a hometown hire, but we absolutely blew it. Evil or Very Mad ) Pretty much everyone he's ever coached at least on the Ducks' side just raves about him – and he's been with Oregon for several years now, so it's only a matter of time.

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: