RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Alabama @ #14 Mississippi St - 1/14/21

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 01/14/21 12:10 am    ::: Alabama @ #14 Mississippi St - 1/14/21 Reply Reply with quote

Starkville, MS - 8:00 PM ET
TV: None

Video stream:
https://www.espn.com/watch/player?id=fb278d59-da5f-43be-ae3b-6fb07724ebeb (tvpli)

Audio:
https://hailstate.com/watch/?Live=1889&type=Live

Live stats:
http://stats.statbroadcast.com/broadcast/?id=320446

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Conway Gamecock

PostPosted: 01/14/21 10:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Alabama goes into the 4th Qtr. trailing the Bulldogs 62-61, then out-score MSU 25-16 to win 86-78....

BamaEd

PostPosted: 01/14/21 10:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I hate I wasn’t able to watch but Roll Tide again! They had a few votes in the AP last week and this should get them a few more. Not sure it’ll be enough to break into the poll but from where my alma mater was in the darkest days to now is amazing. Congrats to Coach Curry and the team for all their hard work and success. Now can they beat Tennessee on Sunday.

Stormeo

PostPosted: 01/15/21 1:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

A surprising result, with Alabama hangin' 86 on 'em and outrebounding Miss State by 10. Don't think Vic Schaefer would've let them lose like that, in a home game to an unranked conference opponent.

BamaEd

PostPosted: 01/15/21 6:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
A surprising result, with Alabama hangin' 86 on 'em and outrebounding Miss State by 10. Don't think Vic Schaefer would've let them lose like that, in a home game to an unranked conference opponent.

He did last year. An unranked Bama squad came in and beat the #9 ranked Bulldogs in Starkville last year. Bama won 66-64 on a buzzer beater put-back by Megan Abrams. Bama was down by as many as 13 in the 4th last year before coming back.

Stormeo

PostPosted: 01/15/21 1:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BamaEd wrote:
Stormeo wrote:

He did last year. An unranked Bama squad came in and beat the #9 ranked Bulldogs in Starkville last year. Bama won 66-64 on a buzzer beater put-back by Megan Abrams. Bama was down by as many as 13 in the 4th last year before coming back.

I should've specified "like that". Much closer, defense-oriented contest last year – also was an even rebounding battle. Different identity taken on by Mississippi State in the McCray-Penson years.

Great games by your Bama squad. Apparently it's become a favorable matchup no matter who's the coach of the opponent. Hope Alabama indeed gets that coveted ranking – great season thus far.

BamaEd

PostPosted: 01/15/21 1:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
BamaEd wrote:
Stormeo wrote:

I should've specified "like that". Much closer, defense-oriented contest last year – also was an even rebounding battle. Different identity taken on by Mississippi State in the McCray-Penson years.

Great games by your Bama squad. Apparently it's become a favorable matchup no matter who's the coach of the opponent. Hope Alabama indeed gets that coveted ranking – great season thus far.

Gotcha, my apology at my offense Smile

They have been on their way for a few years. Having the senior leadership helps. I knew they were on the way when they had the streak against Tennessee until that close game last year.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: