RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

Alabama @ #14 Mississippi St - 1/14/21

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 55609



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/14/21 12:10 am    ::: Alabama @ #14 Mississippi St - 1/14/21 Reply Reply with quote

Starkville, MS - 8:00 PM ET
TV: None

Video stream:
https://www.espn.com/watch/player?id=fb278d59-da5f-43be-ae3b-6fb07724ebeb (tvpli)

Audio:
https://hailstate.com/watch/?Live=1889&type=Live

Live stats:
http://stats.statbroadcast.com/broadcast/?id=320446



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Conway Gamecock



Joined: 23 Jan 2015
Posts: 1080
Location: Here


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/14/21 10:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Alabama goes into the 4th Qtr. trailing the Bulldogs 62-61, then out-score MSU 25-16 to win 86-78....


BamaEd



Joined: 11 May 2014
Posts: 572
Location: United States


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/14/21 10:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I hate I wasn’t able to watch but Roll Tide again! They had a few votes in the AP last week and this should get them a few more. Not sure it’ll be enough to break into the poll but from where my alma mater was in the darkest days to now is amazing. Congrats to Coach Curry and the team for all their hard work and success. Now can they beat Tennessee on Sunday.


Stormeo



Joined: 14 Jul 2019
Posts: 1946
Location: Seattle, WA


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/15/21 1:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

A surprising result, with Alabama hangin' 86 on 'em and outrebounding Miss State by 10. Don't think Vic Schaefer would've let them lose like that, in a home game to an unranked conference opponent.



_________________
"It's not a game of 'how to', it's a game of 'when to.'" –Sue Bird, on basketball but probably also life
BamaEd



Joined: 11 May 2014
Posts: 572
Location: United States


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/15/21 6:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
A surprising result, with Alabama hangin' 86 on 'em and outrebounding Miss State by 10. Don't think Vic Schaefer would've let them lose like that, in a home game to an unranked conference opponent.


He did last year. An unranked Bama squad came in and beat the #9 ranked Bulldogs in Starkville last year. Bama won 66-64 on a buzzer beater put-back by Megan Abrams. Bama was down by as many as 13 in the 4th last year before coming back.


Stormeo



Joined: 14 Jul 2019
Posts: 1946
Location: Seattle, WA


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/15/21 1:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BamaEd wrote:
Stormeo wrote:
A surprising result, with Alabama hangin' 86 on 'em and outrebounding Miss State by 10. Don't think Vic Schaefer would've let them lose like that, in a home game to an unranked conference opponent.


He did last year. An unranked Bama squad came in and beat the #9 ranked Bulldogs in Starkville last year. Bama won 66-64 on a buzzer beater put-back by Megan Abrams. Bama was down by as many as 13 in the 4th last year before coming back.


I should've specified "like that". Much closer, defense-oriented contest last year – also was an even rebounding battle. Different identity taken on by Mississippi State in the McCray-Penson years.

Great games by your Bama squad. Apparently it's become a favorable matchup no matter who's the coach of the opponent. Hope Alabama indeed gets that coveted ranking – great season thus far.



_________________
"It's not a game of 'how to', it's a game of 'when to.'" –Sue Bird, on basketball but probably also life
BamaEd



Joined: 11 May 2014
Posts: 572
Location: United States


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/15/21 1:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
BamaEd wrote:
Stormeo wrote:
A surprising result, with Alabama hangin' 86 on 'em and outrebounding Miss State by 10. Don't think Vic Schaefer would've let them lose like that, in a home game to an unranked conference opponent.


He did last year. An unranked Bama squad came in and beat the #9 ranked Bulldogs in Starkville last year. Bama won 66-64 on a buzzer beater put-back by Megan Abrams. Bama was down by as many as 13 in the 4th last year before coming back.


I should've specified "like that". Much closer, defense-oriented contest last year – also was an even rebounding battle. Different identity taken on by Mississippi State in the McCray-Penson years.

Great games by your Bama squad. Apparently it's become a favorable matchup no matter who's the coach of the opponent. Hope Alabama indeed gets that coveted ranking – great season thus far.


Gotcha, my apology at my offense Smile

They have been on their way for a few years. Having the senior leadership helps. I knew they were on the way when they had the streak against Tennessee until that close game last year.


Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin