RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

#8 Texas A&M @ #13 Arkansas - 1/10/21

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 01/10/21 12:15 am    ::: #8 Texas A&M @ #13 Arkansas - 1/10/21 Reply Reply with quote

Fayetteville, AR - 4:00 PM ET
TV: SEC Network (Eric Frede, Christy Thomaskutty)

Video stream:
https://www.espn.com/watch/player?id=c5d3483c-9c4b-439e-83ae-b4b015509f8c (tvpli)

Audio:
https://12thman.com/app

Live stats:
http://stats.statbroadcast.com/statmonitr/?id=321927

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
myrtle

PostPosted: 01/10/21 4:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

2 pt game at half.
Dungee went out with her third foul midway thru the second. But Slocum and Daniels started thumping in threes.
I always think Jones is A&M's best player but today she's been pretty mediocre. Wilson doing the scoring for them.
A bit surprised A&M not able to take advantage of their size inside.

- Amanda Gorman
Stormeo

PostPosted: 01/10/21 5:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I didn't realize Aaliyah Wilson for Texas A&M originally signed with & played for Arkansas (before Mike Neighbors got there).

myrtle

PostPosted: 01/10/21 5:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

this one is going to go right down to the wire. just like I like 'em Laughing

- Amanda Gorman
myrtle

PostPosted: 01/10/21 5:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
I didn't realize Aaliyah Wilson for Texas A&M originally signed with & played for Arkansas (before Mike Neighbors got there).

there are so many transfers these days it's hard to keep up with all. I keep seeing players and think I know who they are but they just don't seem right in the uniform they're in...Sometimes I look them up and try to figure it out and sometimes I just shrug my shoulders and let 'em play.

- Amanda Gorman
myrtle

PostPosted: 01/10/21 5:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

btw: I gripe about announcers all the time, so have to say that I really have liked these guys. It's all about the game instead of themselves or gossip about off court stuff.

- Amanda Gorman
myrtle

PostPosted: 01/10/21 5:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

heartbreak for Arky here.
Back and forth, back and forth and they looked like they would win with 30 seconds left and a 4 pt lead.
But nope, A&M manages the win. I would call it an escape.

- Amanda Gorman
Howee

PostPosted: 01/10/21 8:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Not having followed them too much, I wasn't convinced A&M wasn't a bit over-ranked. But Gary keeps 'em going. Good 8/13 matchup.

PostPosted: 01/11/21 10:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I wonder if anyone associated with the Razorbacks slept at all. Brutal loss. Very entertaining game.

willtalk

PostPosted: 01/11/21 2:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
btw: I gripe about announcers all the time, so have to say that I really have liked these guys. It's all about the game instead of themselves or gossip about off court stuff.

i can't say this without sounding sexist, but it seems like the women they have announcing the Pac 12 and many ESPN games are entirely too wordy. It soundsl more like they are having a converstaiion amongst themselves over the back fence rather than announcing a game. For that matter all announcing seems to have become worse once they began to use recyled athletes instead of just announcers. I see nothing wrong with a bit of color or back ground on players, but these diatribes that go on constantly more often than not at the expense of calling the game.

Really good announcers used to be able to add comments about players between the action. Of course that took timing but that seems to not be important anymore. The announcers now seem to think nothing of finishing their train of thought even if it means ignoring multiple possessions happening on the court.

This bringing in retired players seems to be more prevailant in the womens game than the men. It is bad enough that they go on about all sorts of things not even related to the game on hand, but then they often get detail totally wong.
They couldn't do worse if they pulled fans out of the stands.

PostPosted: 01/12/21 4:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

willtalk wrote:
myrtle wrote:

i can't say this without sounding sexist, but it seems like the women they have announcing the Pac 12 and many ESPN games are entirely too wordy. It soundsl more like they are having a converstaiion amongst themselves over the back fence rather than announcing a game. For that matter all announcing seems to have become worse once they began to use recyled athletes instead of just announcers. I see nothing wrong with a bit of color or back ground on players, but these diatribes that go on constantly more often than not at the expense of calling the game.

Really good announcers used to be able to add comments about players between the action. Of course that took timing but that seems to not be important anymore. The announcers now seem to think nothing of finishing their train of thought even if it means ignoring multiple possessions happening on the court.

This bringing in retired players seems to be more prevailant in the womens game than the men. It is bad enough that they go on about all sorts of things not even related to the game on hand, but then they often get detail totally wong.
They couldn't do worse if they pulled fans out of the stands.

So many of the play-by-play people nowadays evidently have never done radio play-by-play . They'd be lost if they actually had to let the fans know what was happening on the court . They are basically doing a talk show with a game going on on the monitor .

Queenie

PostPosted: 01/12/21 10:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

And then you have crews who want to talk about whatever promo they just read instead of the game they're covering. Yes, I'm still annoyed at Weisbrod and whats-his-face from the Michigan-Northwestern game, thanks for noticing.

(now with spelling variations)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: