RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

Impact Freshmen Aplenty
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Howee



Joined: 27 Nov 2009
Posts: 13211
Location: OREGON (in my heart)


Back to top
PostPosted: 12/24/20 11:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Oregon's Paopao and Stanford's Brink have both been truly outstanding, especially the former as a starting PG. But I've seen more of Brink and she will be fabulous for the trees. Very skilled and moves well even if she is built like Bonner.


During the Wazzou/OR game, one of the commentators quoted Paopao's HS coach as saying that she may be THE best she's ever coached: high praise, coming from someone who coached both Candice Wiggins and Kelsey Plum at LaJolla Country Day.

Re: Brink....sometimes I see shades of Kate Starbird there. Bright future, I'd say.

Definitely 2 thumbs up for the sisters from NZ @ Wazzoo....they both play with considerable composure and poise, no doubt from their international experience.



_________________
Oregon: Go Ducks!
"Inévitablement, les canards voleront"
ClayK



Joined: 11 Oct 2005
Posts: 10636



Back to top
PostPosted: 12/24/20 1:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
myrtle wrote:
Oregon's Paopao and Stanford's Brink have both been truly outstanding, especially the former as a starting PG. But I've seen more of Brink and she will be fabulous for the trees. Very skilled and moves well even if she is built like Bonner.


During the Wazzou/OR game, one of the commentators quoted Paopao's HS coach as saying that she may be THE best she's ever coached: high praise, coming from someone who coached both Candice Wiggins and Kelsey Plum at LaJolla Country Day.

Re: Brink....sometimes I see shades of Kate Starbird there. Bright future, I'd say.

Definitely 2 thumbs up for the sisters from NZ @ Wazzoo....they both play with considerable composure and poise, no doubt from their international experience.


Terri Bamford, the La Jolla Country Day coach mentioned above, is a pretty relentless promoter. Paopao was hurt her junior year but was off the charts her senior year. Then again, Wiggins was pretty spectacular and Kelsey Plum opened a state title game on an NBA court by having the opening tap wind up in her hands, taking three dribbles across halfcourt and draining a three.

I think it's fair to say Paopao is right there with the other two, and conceivably could be better, but all three of those women were off the charts in high school. Do you like steak, ice cream or fine whiskey better?



_________________
Oṃ Tāre Tuttāre Ture Svāhā
GlennMacGrady



Joined: 03 Jan 2005
Posts: 6438
Location: Heisenberg


Back to top
PostPosted: 12/30/20 4:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bueckers highlights against DePaul, a game in which Geno played her a lot at the 2, presumably to get her to shoot more. I don't think that tactic works. Paige, in my opinion, is better at getting shots both for others and for herself when she has the ball in her hands.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/SDC6Nm4Rg1o" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
ucbart



Joined: 21 Nov 2004
Posts: 1803
Location: New York


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/01/21 7:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
Bueckers highlights against DePaul, a game in which Geno played her a lot at the 2, presumably to get her to shoot more. I don't think that tactic works. Paige, in my opinion, is better at getting shots both for others and for herself when she has the ball in her hands.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/SDC6Nm4Rg1o" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>


I agree. I thought she would be a combo guard with her long term position being the 2 in the W. However, she is absolutely a pass first PG, who can score, and is much better with the ball in her hands. I agree with Geno, she passes up wayyyyyyyy too many open shots and I bet we lose about 6-10ppg because of her being way too unselfish. I mean, she will be WIDE open and make passes that are just not there because she wants to be that unselfish. It's great to see, but also maddening.


PickledGinger



Joined: 04 Oct 2013
Posts: 785



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/08/21 5:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

When Parrish puts it all together, man she is going to be a beast. Her intagibles are next level.


tfan



Joined: 31 May 2010
Posts: 8292



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/09/21 4:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bueckers is taller than I expected. Looks like a small forward out on the court.


GlennMacGrady



Joined: 03 Jan 2005
Posts: 6438
Location: Heisenberg


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/09/21 5:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Paige Bueckers highlights against Providence today. She scored 23 points on 8-10, 2-4, 5-5, with 5a, 4r, 2b and 2s.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/3_KepOCewHs" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
ucbart



Joined: 21 Nov 2004
Posts: 1803
Location: New York


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/09/21 10:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
Paige Bueckers highlights against Providence today. She scored 23 points on 8-10, 2-4, 5-5, with 5a, 4r, 2b and 2s.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/3_KepOCewHs" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>


Paige Bueckers is better than I thought she'd be, honestly. I take hype with a grain of salt now-a-days, but she is all that she's cracked up to be....and then some.

She shines brightest in 3 areas so far-

1. Her mid range game.
2. Court awareness.
3. Composure


Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin